Toshiba conflict between infrared device and wireless pc-card

gobi

n00b
I have a Toshiba laptop S1800 - 400 ( Celeron 800MHz, 128MB SDRAM, with Windows Millenium) It has a build in infrared device and a SMC IrCC network adapter.

I am installing a wireless network at home. I have a SMC router and a wireless Access Point (C54APT Conceptronic). I have a normal pc with a PCI-card (C54RI conceptronic) installed and it works perfectly with the access point, no problems. But i have problems with installing the pc-card (C54RC conceptronic) on the laptop. I managed to get the drivers for the pc-card installed a few times, but every time i shut the laptop down and restart, i need to install the pc-card again. In the device manager, the pc-card always has a yellow exclamation mark. I need to install the drivers from the cd again and most of the time he doesn't recognize them by himself, only when i choose the device and point him to the driver on the cd. I have put the infrared device and the infrared network adapter on non-active by disabling those two in the device manager.

Is my problem comming from the infrared device or from my windows version.
Does anyone have an idea? thx

Back