Toshiba Battery Life

StangerD5

Limp Gawd
Ok,

I needed something for minimal internet use and some word processing / excel so I got a Toshiba A85-S107 - not the fastest thing in the world, but for the price I got it for I'm pretty pleased with it.

I read the user guide and the thing says that in "Normal power mode" the batter should last several hours.. YEAH RIGHT... I got on the lowest power setting 100 minutes from the batter. wtf :mad: Even if your doing something that doesnt turn the fans on or cause constant HD access, the batter life drops approx 1% per minute.

Is this normal? My old IBM was like this, too. Does the battery get better after the first charge or what? This is unnaceptable becuase on LOW POWER or whatever it's called, the computer's processing speed is on "2" out of 5 and it really doesn't want to move along.

Thanks.

I have a toshiba also and I don't have that sort of problem with my power. Last around 3.5 hours for me. When you first got the laptop, did you fully charge the battery and then drain it completely before charging it again?

Yes, I fully charged it - but this was the first time I ever used it. So it hasn't had a complete re-charge yet

Should I completely discharge then recharge?

Did you have a battery problen on your FIRST try?

No I never had a problem with my first try. I didn't even begin to use it until I charged it and then fully discharged it. Maybe a defective battery and needs to be replaced.

Even without fully charging it and discharging it, it should last longer than that.

Thanks for the help - I'll see if I can return this or something...

WOW.. I just noticed my sig is OOLLLLD... damn I haven't posted here in a while :)

After a discharge and a full recharge, same thing.... on normal power one percent battery life goes away per ~50 sec.

BLAH.

And what is the deal with it telling me theres a full charge in ~2 hours.. that CAN'T be possible if it's charging to full capacity..

Errr

regardless of instruction manual, toshiba online says battery may last up to 1:30

:mad:

That makes my 2hour on 6cell battery life pretty satisfying.

Hehe.

Your battery is defective, sounds like. that thing should last like 3 hours

Back