Toshiba 32RV530U with computer

So ups delivered my toshiba today, I have it hooked up and it seems to be great for everything except: I connected my laptop(primary computer ATM) to the vga port and was shocked to find that the vga on this screen only supports up to 1280x1024! So I cant run it at native rez from the laptop like I had thought. So for anyone using vga with this screen, are we royally screwed? Would the problem be solved by running some sort of vga to hdmi port on the toshiba?

i'm not that surprised. i wouldn't imagine vga supporting 1900x1080. sorry i cant be of more help

Well 1280x1024 is the highest it will go. My 2007wfp that I was hoping to replace with this does 1680x1050 over vga.

Printable Spec sheet on toshiba North America site states :
"High Res PC Input (S-XGA, 15 Pin, D-sub) : 1 "

And S-XGA is 1280-1024 max....

I guess you could try to find a VGA-to-DVI/HDMI converter/upscaler device...you can find some for 50-70$ but i dont' know if they can upscale at that price range...

Do you have a PC with DVI output. I am considering this vs the Panasonic 32LZ800 .... I almost bought the Toshiba when people told me about a buzzing noise when you decrease teh brightness.

Do you see any of that?

Alright first off my brightness is at 60 and im not having any problems.

So I connected the dell to the monitor with a dvi to hdmi connector and it is displaying perfectly in 1920x1080. Yesterday I connected the laptop, which I am going to be using with this display, via vga and found that this screen's max rez over vga is 1280x1024. That does not work for me. I am going to try to head down to radio shack today and grab a vga to dvi/hdmi connector to see if that allows the native rez...

Pics
DSCN1001.jpg

DSCN1003.jpg

Looks pretty good, but I have one question for you:

Was your desk already curved like that when you put the display on it, or is that the weight of the Toshiba causing the desk to bow?

I've seen the box and it mentioned something about "Gaming mode" that lowers input lag to 33ms which is excellent for a TV. Have you tried this at all and noticed a difference with the PC? Ie. is the mouse cursor delayed at all?

Enjoy,

10e

10e

I'm pretty sure the weight of the tv is causing the bow:eek: Though it is actually quite lite and that part of the desk is rated for more than is on it. About gaming mode, I did try it and it seemed to reduce input lag though it is hard to see because it does a pretty good job without gaming mode. I havent seen any lagging with things like the mouse cursor.

Hey

Thanks for the pics.

Do you hear the buzz from the TV? and how do you like it with a 1080p source?

Thx
-D

I have yet to hear a buzz though the noise of the xbox could be masking it. As for 1080p this thing is AMAZING! You'll love it!

I think it's the camera making it looked bowed. The door, keyboard tray and shelves to the left all look curved too.

Back