Torrent Client Speed Boosters -- Real or Fake?

Katotonic

Limp Gawd
Was wondering if any of these programs that claim to enhance performance of applications such as Azureus or Bittorrent do what they actually claim. I've exhausted all other options (port forwarding, TCP limitations in XP) with decent results so I can't complain, but more is more.

Any thoughts?

The only thing I could suggest that has a remote chance of working is upping the OS's hard limit of TCP/IP connections, specifically half-open. Honestly though, I don't think you'd see any improvement, and this will quickly consume network resources and will greatly increase the spread of worms if you happen to get one on your comp.

Best thing you can do is make sure all your port forwarding is correct, set you allowable connections to max, if you so choose you can set your upload speed lower since this will consume alot of connections, and put your download speed at close to 80-95%. Other than that, there isn't much you can do.

All I've ever done is port forward (well, uPNP with uTorrent) and I can max out my connection at all times. It just depends on the torrent and your peers/seeds - speed boosters will not magically make them upload faster to you or produce fast seeders out of nothing. :p

Back