torrent client crashes on XP

greyghost

Limp Gawd
I have tried ABC, utorrent and azureus and they all crash after a few mins. It appears to be a possible NIC driver problem, due to the fact that those never worked since I built this computer, but work fine on any other. I have tried using both the NVidia and marvel NIC's that are onboard my A8N-SLI premium with up-to-date drivers. Anyone else have a fix for this?

Interesting. I've never had a problem with either one of my Nvidia or Marvell ethernet ports, although I prefer the Nvidia.

Just run through some basics:
1) You've enabled them in the BIOS
2) You've installed the drivers for them
3) In "Network Connections" it shows that they are connected to the internet and receiving/sending traffic
4) You can surf the intarweb with IE or FF using one or both of those ports
5) You've forwarded the ports on your router for the bittorrent client.

Those are the basics that I can think of. I know it sounds stupid, but I make small mistakes like this all the time, so it's always good to double check.

yeah best place to start is the little spots. both are enabled, both updated drivers(nvidia is chipset based), sending/receiving good(using opera right now), and although it shouldn't matter, ports are open in router.

It is always the silly little things that get the best of people. I know this is not a complicated fix. . . . .

It isn't even bringing anything down with it, windows still runs, no error report, just acts like you told it to shutdown.

are you using an antivirus or firewall at all? Do any other p2p apps (emule etc) work ok?

Back