Torn Between Amd64 Mobo, Too Many Choice!

Shogo

Limp Gawd
Somebody help me, after days of reading and reviewing on forums and magazine, im torn between these mobos: its for a amd64 3200+

MSI K8T NEO-FSR (MS-6702-020,K8T800,Raid 0,1,USB2.0,AGP8X,S754) 164.95$ CND

ASUS K8V (K8T800,USB2.0,SATA,Gigabit Lan,Raid 0+1,S754) 189$ CND

GIGABYTE GAK8N Pro (nForce3 150,Audio,Network,USB2.0,SATA,Firewire,Raid,S754) 174.95$ CND

If you have other good suggestions about what should i choose, let me know, im not using RAID but the mobos that are powerfull includes RAID so.... and i want a good FSB speed.

Thank you for helping me out of that mess :p

I second the MSI, plus it has imo the best look to it (black >>> other colours :p)

Yo the thing is the platinum was not im my choices....
its MSI K8T NEO-FSR wich is MORE cheaper then the platinum... does it worth the extra 100$ CND ??

Shogo said:
Yo the thing is the platinum was not im my choices....
its MSI K8T NEO-FSR wich is MORE cheaper then the platinum... does it worth the extra 100$ CND ??
Sorry, I didn't know there was a budget :eek: . If I had to pick one from your list I'd go with the MSI. Mine has been a great motherboard. If you want a good cheap mobo that will overclock like crazy (has AGP/PCI lock) you can't go wrong with the Chaintech VNF3-250.

Product link: http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/product_spec.asp?MPSNo=13&PISNo=276

Anandtech review: http://anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=2063

I don't know if it helps any or not, but, I've found MSI to be darned reliable and surprisingly supportive of overclocking. The reason I'm so anxious to get rid of this thing is because it's positively ancient, but it was great when it was brand new. I can get my FSB up as high as 155, though since the PCI and AGP are always oced with the FSB since this was made before they started doing that, it just gets too unstable at anything over 145 or so, even when I tried a little active cooling on the chipset hoping that was the problem.

I've heard ALI and SiS chipsets were the best performers for the Athlon 64, and they cost a hell of a lot less then the other 2(well, provided you can find the ALi one). Whatever you do, don't go with the nforce 3 150 powered mobo. that was made for the business oriented opterons.

I have had all of those boards...

Between them, I like the MSI the best.

Great features for the cash.

Not the best overclocker, but no VIA board is until the Pro comes out.

If those are the choices... definitely go with the MSI K8T Neo

I just got the K8N, but at stock speeds, it was not as fast (SiSoft Sandra benches and 3DMark 2001) as the K8T. The K8N does OC better since it has the AGP clock lock.

Good Luck

Back