Torchlight II Pre-Order $20, 4-pack $60. Comes with TL1.

Just need one more to fill the group.

- runnin17
- HeavensCloud
- NovaCloud
- ?

Hmm, it even has LAN play such a rarity these days... Never played the original, might be a good time to pick it up (awful timing on the dev's part with Diablo 3 just a few weeks away tho).

Anybody have a clue if it works with Eyefinity well?

If someone needs another person, PM Liquid_Table and tell him he needs to get in on this or find a new place to live.:)

Anyone know if there is a number cap on co-op or MP?

I found this statement:

What is the maximum number of characters in a multi-player game?
They are currently testing anywhere between 4 and 8 players, but with modding it will be possible to raise the number of players to as many as you want (hardware and software limitations aside).

Anyone else purchase this and activated the pre-order figure out how to also activate Torchlight I????

I'm setting up a group buy. Got 1 spot left. Shoot me a pm
1. RiZZo0
2. JDrub
3. Dangerdoggie

Last edited:
Games > Manage Gifts and Guest Passes > Torchlight > Add game to my library...

Just be aware if you do the 4-pack that only the person who buys the 4-pack will get access to Torchlight I. If that is wrong then something is messed up with my Steam.

EDIT: So if anyone already has Torchlight and wants to be nice I would appreciate it as a gift :D

Seems kind of wrong of them if you purchase the 4-pack to only allow one person to play the original!!!!

Just be aware if you do the 4-pack that only the person who buys the 4-pack will get access to Torchlight I. If that is wrong then something is messed up with my Steam.

EDIT: So if anyone already has Torchlight and wants to be nice I would appreciate it as a gift :D

Seems kind of wrong of them if you purchase the 4-pack to only allow one person to play the original!!!!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2671118

4-packs should have 4 TL2 and 4 TL1.

theres 4 copies of each, TL1 and TL2

Just started playing Torchlight...fun game! Looking forward to the second one.

Well know that I know there are supposed to be 4 copies of each game in the 4-pack I need to get in contact with HeavensCloud. He probably just didn't look in his library :D

I would like to buy a copy - anyone still have extras / want to add me to a group buy?

If someone wants to trade TL1/2 for a copy of Renegade Ops + DLC PM me.

Though I'll probably pick this title up, I don't pre-buy games out of principle.

I also have giftable copies of Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor that I'd be willing to trade.

If anyone has an extra copy of TL1 they don't need, I will take it please. I'm not interested in part 2.

Will anyone actually be playing this game with Diablo 3 coming out at the exact same time? Lol. Yeah fucking right.... :rolleyes:

Will anyone actually be playing this game with Diablo 3 coming out at the exact same time? Lol. Yeah fucking right.... :rolleyes:

Some of us are actually looking forward to the release of TL2 more so than the release of D3...so, in a word..."yes."

You should look into the differences if you are confused by that...

Some of us are actually looking forward to the release of TL2 more so than the release of D3...so, in a word..."yes."

You should look into the differences if you are confused by that...

+1

I doubt I will even buy Diablo until its come down in price significantly.

Yup, as I won't be playing Diablo 3. ;)

The choice was easy too. $240 for 4 copies of D3 with an "online only" requirement (even for single player), or $60 for 4 copies of Torchlight II with both online matchmaking as well as LAN support and offline single player, PLUS a bonus of 4 copies of Torchlight.

Why are you buying 4 copies of Diablo 3?

+1

I doubt I will even buy Diablo until its come down in price significantly.

Enjoy your wait.

Let's see...TL1 + TL2 for $20...or D3 for $60...hmm. Think I'll go with TL1 & 2 until Diablo 3 comes down to $40 or so.

As gamers, we need to vote with our wallets. If we don't like paying $60 for new games, then we should't buy them at that price point.

We need to show that there is a place for $20 release-day games by buying them on or before release day. We need to support the developers that we know we can trust and who are selling at a reasonable price.

Will D3 be 3x as enjoyable as TL2? Only having both games in hand will we really know. I'm willing to bet on TL2 having a better a cost/enjoyment ratio than D3.

The problem is that Blizzard rarely, if at all, discounts their games. It will be a long time before the price for D3 falls or goes on sale. Best you'll see for a while was that $50 pre-order from Newegg. But even that, $10? Please.

The problem is that Blizzard rarely, if at all, discounts their games. It will be a long time before the price for D3 falls or goes on sale. Best you'll see for a while was that $50 pre-order from Newegg. But even that, $10? Please.

So we won't buy it then. What's so hard to understand?

So we won't buy it then. What's so hard to understand?

Sounded like you wanted to play it. So you'd rather not play a game you'd enjoy, over a few bucks?

Who's this "we?" The 10 people here who won't buy it? That means nothing against the 2 million that will.

I would rather not spend an extra $40 on a game that is not guaranteed to be $40 better than TL2. Granted I would probably enjoy D3, but is that enjoyment worth $40 for me compared to the enjoyment I will get out of TL2??? Probably not. It is time to vote with our wallets. There are many more than 10 people that will not buy D3 due to the price. If everyone else wants to spend their money on it then I am perfectly okay with that. However, it will be somewhat laughable if D3 doesn't live up to all the hype.

I respect Blizzard as a company, but I still don't think I will be spending $60 on their game. Hell, it has been 5 years since I have bought a game at full price and I feel like I have gotten plenty of enjoyment out of the games I have purchased.

Back