Torchlight II Pre-Order $20, 4-pack $60. Comes with TL1.

I never really played the first one, but I keep hearing TL2 talked about in relation to Diablo 3 and PoE. Is it really that similar? Like, loot-based ARPG?

I never really played the first one, but I keep hearing TL2 talked about in relation to Diablo 3 and PoE. Is it really that similar? Like, loot-based ARPG?

The original is Diablo w/o multiplayer. In fact, I believe some of the Diablo creators are actually the ones that make Torchlight.

Interesting. One more question: what's the benefit of pre-ordering? Getting TL1 for free? Because it looks like $20 is the final price regardless.

I played the first one. Although it was a while ago. It was pretty decent if I remember.

What I didnt like is its only single player.

The 4-pack is definitely the deal though. Cant beat $15 for a new game.

The original is Diablo w/o multiplayer. In fact, I believe some of the Diablo creators are actually the ones that make Torchlight.

There is multiplayer in Diablo 1.....

The first battle net system....

Well, I'd be in for a 4-pack purchase if anyone wants to organize it.

Presumably someone who lives somewhere with the least/no tax (I have to pay tax here in WA) should organize the group buy. :p

I would be willing to buy for a 4-pack, but since I have to pay tax it would end up being $16.25 per copy instead of $15. So if someone else without tax (or less tax) would like to buy that would be ideal for everyone.

I don't think arranging group buys in the [H]ot Deals section is permitted....

I don't think arranging group buys in the [H]ot Deals section is permitted....

I don't see anything in the rules against it.

But if necessary we could make a separate thread somewhere. Not sure where it would go, it's not really a FS/FT thing necessarily.

I'm willing to pay the $16.15 if the others on the list aren't.

I guess I can do it when I get home from work if no one else has stepped up and bought us the 4-pack before then.

I don't see anything in the rules against it.

But if necessary we could make a separate thread somewhere. Not sure where it would go, it's not really a FS/FT thing necessarily.

ive seen group buys being set up in the FS/FT section. dont think its against the rules there.

So what's the advantage of pre-ordering?

Isn't the msrp supposed to be $20?

So what's the advantage of pre-ordering?

Isn't the msrp supposed to be $20?
The advantage is that you get a free copy of Torchlight 1 and the peace of mind of knowing that you've helped a developer that makes very reasonably priced games recoup their development costs faster :p.

Okay, I didn't have to pay any taxes so who ever was interested in the group buy, pm me.

Also willing to group buy, I'll have to check if I'm taxed or not (never paid attention;)) Nope- no tax in CA it seems...

Last edited:
I'm also interested in joining one of the group buys if someone has one going or have to make one.

I jumped on aeon's buy, but it seems there are plenty of people in here for at least two groups.

I sent aeon a PM no answer back you guys probably already have four people?

Last edited:
I'm in for a group buy as well, $15 for two games sounds like a hell of a deal, torchlight 1 alone is worth at least $10. I have it for xbla, but wouldnt mind playing thru it again on the superior pc version.

Back