Torchlight 3

Those spiders look pretty boss never played any of the series I know it was popular at one time.
I was always turned off by the graphics which looked dated.

Last edited:
I liked the first one a lot even though it was just a dungeon crawler like Diablo 1. The second one looked like it was more expansive, but for some reason I bored of it too quickly and never finished it. I probably won't buy 3 unless it comes out on GoG. Their pet system was an interesting mechanic. You could load up your pet with stuff and send it to town to sell everything and keep fighting solo while you waited for it to come back.

Wasn't Frontiers supposed to come out in late 2019? I signed up for an alpha tester then heard nuffin....

Wasn't Frontiers supposed to come out in late 2019? I signed up for an alpha tester then heard nuffin....

They changed frontiers to this, no more ftp, back to regular game, according to the dev due to player feedback during testing.

I liked the first one a lot even though it was just a dungeon crawler like Diablo 1..

Its made by the original Blizzard North Team who made Diablo 1 so yeah, I can see that.

Anyways, beat the first one. Couldn't get into the second one. I can't get around the cartoony aspect of the visuals. I'm sure it'll be a great game though.

Played the first two. Might give this a go.

Although, if I remember right. Torchlight 2 was the last game I purchased early, and it was late, prompting me to never pre-purchase anything again.

Loved the first two games, looking forward to this, thanks for the link. But I thought they were making an MMO, or MMO lite?

I enjoyed the first two, will probably get this one also. Also hoping it comes to gog

Those spiders look pretty boss never played any of the series I know it was popular at one time.
I was always turned off by the graphics which looked dated.
The graphics are a bit cartoony. I played second and enjoyed it.

I played the first two and I'm sure I'll be playing this as well....

Kinda sorta wish they'd deviate just a tiny-bit from the cartoon aesthetic though.

I played the first one, but never got to the second one myself.

I played the first two and I'm sure I'll be playing this as well....

Kinda sorta wish they'd deviate just a tiny-bit from the cartoon aesthetic though.
Yup. The games are great but the WoW looking graphics keep them from being as good as they could be.

Yup. The games are great but the WoW looking graphics keep them from being as good as they could be.

They may be cartoony, but I like how it looks more then Path of exile or grim dawn tbh the first is pretty bland imo the latter is better but stil very limited as a lot of the armour and world graphics all look alike

Path of exile or grim dawn tbh the first is pretty bland imo the latter is better but stil very limited as a lot of the armour and world graphics all look alike

That's shockingly accurate lmao

Im neutral on this game. I played and enjoyed the first, I played the second, but I dont remember playing it at all, just have the hours and stuff listed on steam....

Good news. An always online free to play Torchlight was not something I was even remotely interested in. This def. changes things.
I seem to be different than most here having never played the original, but played through part II to new game++++++ 5 or 6 times, can't remember exactly.
I remember saying to myself a while ago that they'd be foolish to not make a third. :)

Glad they did this and gave the option of offline mode for those who wanted it. Honestly, I'm more excited about this game now that it's not F2P. Loved Torchlight 2, and I'm always looking for new dungeon crawlers.

First one was great. The second one due to the mod limits since they didn't separate solo from online play was ok, but I never got very far in it.

Is CoOp in the game yet? If my daughter and I both buy the game, to play with each other together on our PC's, is that an option in Early Access?

So it's multiplayer only right now? Weird way to start- you'd think single player would be the easiest to roll out.

Not the same developers. Runic disbanded and created Double Damage games (Rebel Galaxy and Rebel Galaxy Outlaw). I ended up refunding the game. Connection issues aside, it looks to be a a VERY different game from the previous titles. Some things that put me off was there weren't even ring and amulet slots, the skill trees seemed super rudimentary, the animation seems a lower quality than previous titles.

It is still Early Access, so it may get better with time, but I'm not holding out much hope for it. For more info regarding the development on TL3 check out the wiki. It explains a lot as to the current state of the game. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torchlight_III

Wanted to come in and see the [H] take on this EA. All I hear are bad things about it thus far on reddit etc. Really, really sad. TL2 is so damn good.

Could barley make it through the first one. They should have stuck with the Hellgate series, it was a mediocre game sure, but it had potential.

Could barley make it through the first one. They should have stuck with the Hellgate series, it was a mediocre game sure, but it had potential.

I saw in another thread about a Private Hellgate server called Hellgate 2038. I still have my original media but need a cdrom drive. As soon as I get that I am going to give it a shot,

I saw in another thread about a Private Hellgate server called Hellgate 2038. I still have my original media but need a cdrom drive. As soon as I get that I am going to give it a shot,

I actually installed Hellgate 2038 a little over a week ago.

Great trip down nostalgia lane and frankly a breath of fresh air after playing so many top-down ARPG's the last few years.

- I was a Day One purchaser of Hellgate - London & even got into the Mythos beta back in the day (which ended up turning into Torchlight 1 somewhat)

Back