Top Three Most Over-Rated Games... In Your Opinion

Halo 3 (1 and 2 were much much better)
Diablo 2 (I never played it during it's prime but when I did I didn't think it was that great)
Any COD (I don't get what's so great about COD)

What a really odd thread idea but I guess people are always entitled to their opinion as It seems this thread is mostly full of popular games/genre people don't like. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Heh, theres a good reason why most of us aren't game reviewers. And making video games is a business afterall so I don't think publishers put too much weight if a game is overrated afterall.

Zelda (any) - im sorry this series is just downright boring, and the fanboys who act as though any title in the series is cause for celebration just make it worse.
Final Fantasy - same thing with zelda here. wannabe anime characters, terrible music and overly zealous fanboys.
Bioshock 2 - this game was honestly an insult to the first one, and the terrible PC port has all kinds of issues that make it a pain in the ass to play.

Troll much?

WOW - after doing the two types of quests available, you know the, "Kill X number of monsters" or the retrieve some kind of item for reward, I got really bored. A game shouldn't be 80% grinding.

Bioshock2 - love the first, but #2 felt really hollow. Not much innovation there.

COD - can't get into these highly linear FPSs.

Totally...

1. Starcraft/Starcraft 2: Never been a fan, and I've never understood what all the hype about this game was for. I hated the visuals and the gameplay.

2. Half-Life: I know this is complete blasphemy, but (a) the game engine made me motion sick from day one, and (b) I could never get into the story. 2+ are good, but the motion sickness kills it for me :(

3. Doom 3: I liked the original Dooms, but 3 (a) also made me motion sick, and (b) I felt the story was pathetic once completed. Scary the first time through, lame every other time.

Troll much?

How? Zelda is mundane and only celebrated now - as with Mario - by people that were too young to play the original when it came out but still make noise about it because that "retro" nintendo shit is in vogue. Final Fantasy games are the most tepid pieces of wapanese arseholery imaginable and Bioshock is Bioshock. Alright, but nothing spectacular.

2. Half-Life: I know this is complete blasphemy, but (a) the game engine made me motion sick from day one, and (b) I could never get into the story. 2+ are good, but the motion sickness kills it for me :(

Motion sickness? Huh? :confused:

Anyway for me.. Hmmm

1. Halo Series - Typical shooter with sub-par game play. Goldeneye is the only console shooter for me ;)
  2. MW2 - Better known as kill streak warfare.
  3. FF7 - I enjoy final fantasy, the challenge of trying to get everything and kill all the toughest baddies in the game is awesome. That said, I honestly cannot figure out why FF7 is praised so much when it is not that good..

I FORGOT TO ADD MINECRAFT! All you minecraft lovers out there, DIAF! MUHAHHAHAHAHHHAHHAA

Motion sickness? Huh? :confused:

Yea, I get legitimate severe motion sickness from most first-person 3D game engines (i.e. FPS). It's the way my glasses interact with the FOV and the monitor, and it depends heavily on the engine (i.e. changing the FOV setting on most games just makes it worse, not better). Can't play anything based on Source, Doom, or Quake; Unreal used to be mostly good but last time I played 2k4 same issues; Gamebryo and the Battlefield 2/2142 engone are two of the few that still don't, so Oblivion will probably be my favourite game for a while to come, and to be fair UT2k4 changed over one year for me and I haven't played BF2 in that long, so I may be even more out of luck. ;:(

Maybe F@H should find the cure to your issue djBon, that's an awful ailment :(

I know, so many games I'd love to play that I can't get more than 5 minutes into.

The worst was Portal. I forced myself to play it, almost threw up c. 15 minutes in, and cried a bit inside :( Still haven't finished it.

Yea, I get legitimate severe motion sickness from most first-person 3D game engines (i.e. FPS). It's the way my glasses interact with the FOV and the monitor, and it depends heavily on the engine (i.e. changing the FOV setting on most games just makes it worse, not better). Can't play anything based on Source, Doom, or Quake; Unreal used to be mostly good but last time I played 2k4 same issues; Gamebryo and the Battlefield 2/2142 engone are two of the few that still don't, so Oblivion will probably be my favourite game for a while to come, and to be fair UT2k4 changed over one year for me and I haven't played BF2 in that long, so I may be even more out of luck. ;:(

That's awful :(

Does it matter what size monitor you use?

Okay, I can stomach all the macho men on here hating on TF2 (not enough browns and grays? no thanks), but people hating on the old Zelda games? Really?

Zelda is mundane and only celebrated now - as with Mario - by people that were too young to play the original when it came out but still make noise about it because that "retro" nintendo shit is in vogue. Final Fantasy games are the most tepid pieces of wapanese arseholery imaginable.

You're dead wrong about Zelda and Mario, but you're right on the money about Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy games are simply awful.

Actually I have a buddy who also complained of motion sickness with the first HL

Half-life 2 got me. I don't know if it was exactly motion sickness. I didn't feel nauseous, but it game me the worst headaches after a while.

Back