Top-Selling Handgun Safe Can Be Remotely Opened in Seconds without PIN

Buy locks...not Glocks.

Always though it kind of a fail situation if you have to resort to gunfire in your home to protect your family.

Yea yea, you posted a knee-jerk glib response without thinking it through all the way... I'll bite.

I hope to never ever fire one of my guns in my house. But, my house is ready if I have to. Consider it the last step in a layered deference.

Also your house is never 100% secure... and even it if has good security (reinforced door frames etc). You wife/children can easily be overwhelmed while bringing home the groceries or coming in from playing outside...

I hope you never experience a catastrophic fail situation where having extra protection in your house could have saved a loved one.

Buy locks...not Glocks.

Always though it kind of a fail situation if you have to resort to gunfire in your home to protect your family.

I'll remember this the next time an armed lunatic breaks into my home, "Hey buddy, can we sit down and talk about this?" "Maybe over some coffee?". Might work, might not, depending on if the person likes instant or not.

Interesting video, thank you for sharing. In regards to the gun thing..the safes exist to keep the kids out until they are old enough / well trained enough to have access to them. It's a choice to train in defending what you own or hold dear. If you don't want that responsibility, politely abstain. The same regard for those that do.

Also your house is never 100% secure... and even it if has good security (reinforced door frames etc). You wife/children can easily be overwhelmed while bringing home the groceries or coming in from playing outside...

By which point the gun is again pretty useless as you are not there or it's 50ft away locked in the closet.

People need to be smarter and have better situational awareness, that and better home security. My main point is if you'll spend hundreds or thousands on a gun as a last line...why not spend a few hundred on a door that can't be kicked in in 10 seconds and avert the need for gunplay.

But as I said...doors are not as fun or cool as a fully tricked out AR with the rails, scope, the SOCOM upgrade etc. etc.

By which point the gun is again pretty useless as you are not there or it's 50ft away locked in the closet.

People need to be smarter and have better situational awareness, that and better home security. My main point is if you'll spend hundreds or thousands on a gun as a last line...why not spend a few hundred on a door that can't be kicked in in 10 seconds and avert the need for gunplay.

But as I said...doors are not as fun or cool as a fully tricked out AR with the rails, scope, the SOCOM upgrade etc. etc.

Or you know..do both. A gun is a last resort I dont think anyone is disagreeing with that. If it gets to the gun everything else has failed to stop them. The fence, the cameras, the lights, the secured doors, the dog, etc.

Or you know..do both. A gun is a last resort I dont think anyone is disagreeing with that. If it gets to the gun everything else has failed to stop them. The fence, the cameras, the lights, the secured doors, the dog, etc.

Well in reality I guess you would have had to piss off a SWAT team to get that far. :D

You can still buy a decent door and frame. Pretty much standard fit.

Again buying a decent reinforced front and back door (they are readily available in hardware stores) are a better investment than a gun. 99.9% of home invasions probably happen due to the door being unlocked or open. Kicking in the door is probably a more Hollywood thing. Plus what the hell do you have that they will do a viking raid on your home?

Just fit a decent door and lock and the guy who is more likely after your TV or Bluray player for drugs than doing a full Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer on your family will probably move on to the next.

Panicked/adrenaline rush gun fire in a home with plasterboard walls etc. is not a good mix with family around.
PSST: I've kicked in multiple doors in my life. It's really not that hard if you're either:

A) Trained / practice that type of motion
or
B) Are 6'8" and 300+ LBs and have the body mass and muscle to just tell the door 'go fuck yourself.'

(Yes, I also took large hunks out of the frame in the process)

Sometimes a boot-licker will surprise with how much fight they have in them [on the internet]

You are correct, if I am not home at the time, or in the back yard, then no it will not help. But isn't this the same is arguing that since it might not work 100% of the time, why bother? It seems you are countering your own argument

1 nobody is arguing not to do those things, everyone is saying that it is the LAST line of defense, not the first. And two, your situational awareness argument is a pipe dream. You yourself may be diligent much of the time, but not all of the time, its not possible. Asking your children to be as diligent as you are is just stupid. It will never happen because they don't have a lifetime of experience to tell them what to watch for.

And there we have it. The big scary gun. This is what you envision when you think a gun? Since this is a thread about a handgun safe, that would be pretty fucking awesome to see someone pull a fully tricked AR out of it.

Running away is still less likely to get you killed than going for a gun. Even if the thief doesn't even have a weapon, you go for it, he sees it panics there is a commotion, and anyone can end up being shot.

Being close to guns doesn't protect you, it only makes it more likely that you (or the people around you) will be killed by a gun, your gun.

Yeah sorry, if I'm not going to take your word for it. You should back up that claim by something, you can't just say that statistics are wrong and what I say is how it is. Which case are you more likely to die by a gun? If there are no guns involved and you focus on escaping instead of confronting the assailant, or if you decide to play rambo and try to get out your gun from a safe, instead of trying to get away from harm's way. The answer is pretty obvious to me. Avoiding a fight is always better for your health, than going into it head first. Yes, if fighting is unavoidable it can go either way, but avoiding the confrontation is best.

Is there a blackout? I don't think so, I heard quite a few stories like that. It is happening exactly at the rate one would predict compared to cases where owning a gun goes wrong. That's exactly what I'm talking about, that sometimes sure the gun will win the day, but most of the time it just escalates the situation instead of defusing it. You can't definitively claim that because there were x cases where the gun helped, therefore gun = always good.

Do you honestly think that the police being armed is the same as every home having a gun?
You act as if you never heard about any friendly fire and stolen gun incidents involving police. Well perhaps you were completely oblivious to them until now, but unfortunately they happen more often than you'd think. And it's kind of part of the job for the police(being armed), although the scotland yard would care to disagree. Anyway they're trained in using the gun and handling situations, unlike joe schmoe at home who goes for the gun safe while having a panic attack. If you have time to get to the gun, you probably also have time to get to safety. I don't even care if you go for the gun, just don't get into the face of the assailant all pumped up because you got a gun, instead think and gtfo.

You dont have to take his word for it. The CDC and Institute of Medicine and Research did a study on gun violence a few years ago that was ordered by Obama. The study is not biased one way or the other - but it does point out that firearms play an important role in self defense and stopping crime in the hands of civilians. The Institute of Medicine and Research puts the number between 500,000 and 3,000,000 times a year where a citizen uses a firearm in self defense or to stop crime and the majority of the time no shots are fired.

You can keep spouting the same old tune all you want. No one who has even basic understanding of the actual statistics or common sense falls for that argument. It's the same reason why people like to include the 20,000 suicides in the gun death stat when they wan't to use it to scare people who don't know any better.

It's the same logic as this - "If you drive a car, you have a higher chance of dying in a car related accident that is your own fault"

Yes, that is true, but people still drive and the ones who drive responsibly tend to make out okay and not die. Yeah, someone else could crash into you easily. But the relation would be to you causing your own incident, not another person. So yeah, idiots with guns may shoot themselves. Even experienced people may have a lapse in judgment and injury themselves or another in a rare occurrence. However responsible people tend to make out okay. That's life. It doesn't make sense to try to use that logic as a way to deter someone from owning a firearm for protection. People DO use firearms OFTEN in this country to protect themselves and others. The media may not want to report on it.... but it does happen. If you own a gun and practice the proper safety principals you will be fine and safer for having it if you use good judgement... just like with many things in life. Just because you HAVE a gun doesn't mean you need to USE your gun. It's a life saving last resort. If some punk is robbing the 7-11 while I am in there I sure as hell am not going to pull my gun and start shooting if there are innocent people all over the place... or even if there aren't. If it's clear the person isn't completely deranged and they're just taking the money and leaving without hurting anyone.... go ahead. No reason to introduce a firearm into that situation if the dude is just taking money and leaving. If he's about to start killing people that's a different story.

Point is there are many dangerous things in life. We drive 2000lb machines at high speed only feet from each other on a daily basis. We work jobs that have risk, we do activities that have risk. If you are a responsible person owning a firearm in your home is not some crazy risk that is putting your life in more danger. That logic is just completely idiotic and you should feel stupid for spouting that nonsense.

Last edited:
I'm sorry guys.

I just didn't realise so many of you live stuck between a Crack Den and an illegal Dog Fight pit. Not to mention the sex offender hostel and Hells Angel biker bar across the road.

Must be tough.

I'm sorry guys.

I just didn't realise so many of you live stuck between a Crack Den and an illegal Dog Fight pit. Not to mention the sex offender hostel and Hells Angel biker bar across the road.

Must be tough.

If you live in a city you live near crime. Check out the crime maps sometime. And then turn on the sex offender list. My area is "green" for crime but there is still crime just less than the other areas. However if you include sex offenders you would see probably 100 of them within a 10 mile radius. In some cases I see two or three living on one block!

The Vaultek VT20i, one of Amazon's top-selling electronic gun safes, contains a critical vulnerability that allows it to be opened by virtually anyone, even when they don't know the password. Researchers with security firm Two Six Labs were able to open a VT20i safe in a matter of seconds by using their MacBook Pro to send specially designed Bluetooth data while it was in range.

So?

I mean what the fuck is the point?

The damned thing is supposed to keep my kids from killing each other with my .45, not keep out a high-tech thief.

In all fairness, my shits laying around all over the house loaded and ready anyway, my kids are grown and gone, ain't got no grandchildren yet so .....

But if these guys think this is a realistic problem ... well I don't see it so.

Back