top CRTs on part with FW900?

SpiderWaffle

Limp Gawd
What other CRTs are in this league? I'm thinking about trying to get one on craigslist, any other key word models worth searching for?

If you don't want a widescreen, just search "CRT monitor" and pick one that has at least a 130KHz scanrate.

What other CRTs are in this league? I'm thinking about trying to get one on craigslist, any other key word models worth searching for?

Any of the Sony GDM's are great. Mitsubishi Diamondtron monitors are wonderful as well. Viewsonic also has an amazing 21-incher. You have more options than you realize. Shoot for an aperture grille pitch of 0.24mm or lower. Shadow mask dot pitches went as low as 0.20mm. The tighter the pitch, (generally) the sharper the image. Most high-end monitors allow you to hone in the calibration of the color output to be nearly perfect.

EIZO T960 series (965, 966).
LaCie Electron Blue
Iiyama Vision Master Pro 514
etc.

If you don't want a widescreen, just search "CRT monitor" and pick one that has at least a 130KHz scanrate.

this, and if your getting a used one, the condition it's in is much more important than which model it is.

Viewsonic also has an amazing 21-incher. You have more options than you realize.

Viewsonic P225F (22 inch), 127 Khz, 2560x1920@63 Hz, 2048x1536@79 Hz, 1600x1200@ 100 Hz. I had these back when they were new.

I actually kept them until the 30 inch dell 3007-WFP came out mainly due to resolution issues (used to 2560x1920 so anything else was a huge downgrade).

I have a Viewsonic P225F sitting right here in front of me. Think I paid 800.00 for it new about 8 years ago.... LoL

Back