Top 4k TV for Xbox One X

RicKuRuKuS

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking for minimal input lag but top notch quality. Probably going to get a 55 inch and been looking at the LG OLED series but concerned with burn in as I do play extended gaming sessions from time to time. Any other suggestions? I have always had good luck with Samsung but I really want to know what is going to have best gaming experience in terms of input lag for shooters etc... thanks all! Cant wait to see how the 4k looks for some of the enhanced games.

Samsung Q8FN. A little cheaper than the LG OLED, has full-array local dimming, great contrast for an LCD, and low input lag even with HDR. As a bonus, it also has Freesync with the newest firmware and works with the XB1X.

For cheaper, there is the Vizio P55-F1. It actually has more dimming zones than the Q8FN and a little better color accuracy, but higher input lag, especially with HDR. It also has no Freesync support as far as I'm aware

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q8fn-q8f-q8-2018
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/p-series-2018

I have an LG OLED B6P and haven't had an issue with burn in EXCEPT for one bout of stupidity on my part (Bright [HDR] desktop background + minimized game that disabled screensaver), and that went away in about an hour. By default the pixel shifter should handle that case, but I disabled it on my set.

I have an LG OLED B6P and haven't had an issue with burn in EXCEPT for one bout of stupidity on my part (Bright [HDR] desktop background + minimized game that disabled screensaver), and that went away in about an hour. By default the pixel shifter should handle that case, but I disabled it on my set.

That's image retention, not burn in. And while I think burn in is highly overstated from the TVs, I'll admit the TVs can quickly get image retention, especially on dark backgrounds. Within seconds of opening the Amazon app, I'll see residual images of where buttons were while browsing through the app.

That said, I've had extended sessions of 10+ hours and things have been fine, having my e6 for over 2 years now. I can't state how it's going to look by next year though. But I know people, such as my sister's family, and an old manager I had, who I'd never let within feet of my TV, as they tend to leave the TV on 24/7. And yeah, if that's how you watch TV, I could certainly see burn-in occurring.

I’d suggest a high end Samsung due to excellent input lag and VRR which Xbox supports. If you want the best experience I’d say Q9. If you don’t mind PQ trade offs could step down to a Q8 or Q7 to save some cash.

Personally I own a Sony X900F and not only do games look great, but input lag feels fine to me. I got the Sony mostly because I wanted a TV for gaming sports and movies with Dolby Vision which Samsung doesn’t support. I’m also using a PS4 Pro so don’t care about VRR. Probably wouldn’t care if I had an X either.

I ruled out OLED because of IR paranoia. Drove me nuts on my plasma. If you just want strictly gaming go for one of the mentioned Samsung’s and enjoy. Personally I love my 900F even though it has marginally higher input lag of around 25ms and chose it ultimately because it was priced right for me for what I needed. It’s also more accurate out of the box which was important to me.

If you want a good experience and to save some money look at the Vizio P series or the budget TCL 6 series. Both should provide a good experience but be very budget friendly. I’d suggest taking a look at rtings.com to compare things based on what’s important to you.

Last edited:
if you're on a budget the TCL 55R615/617 is a really good option.. otherwise the LG 55B8PUA or B7A or Vizio P55-F1 are better options.. search around on rtings.com and take a look at some of the reviews they have if you haven't already.

The TCL 55R615 is awesome. For 599 at Best Buy, the build quality and display pairs so well with the XB1. Just a good display. The thing is the build quality you would think comes from a 900+ TV set. The HDR on it is great. Just good gaming goodness. Also their gaming mode works with HDR, you don't have to sacrifice low FPS by turning off HDR and using game mode. They both work together. TCL makes half decent hardware.

If you are looking at budget then definitely check out the TCLs. I was looking at those for my bedroom / backup TV.

OTOH my living room has a LG E7 OLED (from last year) and it works great on both video and PC gaming. I've run WOW on it for hours with no issue. I don't leave it on static all night or anything crazy but hours of gaming by itself isn't as bad as say an office that leaves it on CNN or other channel with fixed news / stock tickers on the bottom 24/7.

The TCL 55R615 is awesome. For 599 at Best Buy, the build quality and display pairs so well with the XB1. Just a good display. The thing is the build quality you would think comes from a 900+ TV set. The HDR on it is great. Just good gaming goodness. Also their gaming mode works with HDR, you don't have to sacrifice low FPS by turning off HDR and using game mode. They both work together. TCL makes half decent hardware.
TCL is definitely gaining ground. I think they'll be a good competitor to Vizio in the midrange segment in a generation or two. They were the first to offer affordable real HDR televisions and they are reaping the benefits while passing it on to customers.

Back