Top 3 processor's???

urbanlegend786

Limp Gawd
hey i was wondering which are the 3 best processor's out there.....i get em all half price so why not get a nice one....

wow half price huh, I would say there's the X2 4400 (would be my first choice) then you can go crazy with either the X2 4800 or the FX 57, btw you wanna pick up one for me

All-around best: x2 4800+
Best multi-tasking: x2 4800+
Best for pure gaming/single threaded performance: FX-57
Best value: none of the above. :D (maybe an OC'd x2 4400+ or 3500+?)

If I was only paying 1/2 price, I'd get an x2 4800+ and be done with it. With my own money and full price, I dunno, maybe an x2 4400+ or 4600+.

well this is going to be my mainly a gaming and internat computer.....and instant messaging but i dont really understand what they mean by mitlitasking as in listen to music and go on the internat or like 3d gaming while burning a dual layer dvd and downloading stuff

get the 4400+ if you want to play games and zip files and run norton and shit liek that all at once. The FX57 if you wana overclock and game.

I am not gonna overclock because if i already have something so fast there really isnt a point to OC'ing

urbanlegend786 said:
I am not gonna overclock because if i already have something so fast there really isnt a point to OC'ing

i have yet to have a CPU that i DIDNT want to make faster :cool: :D
get the 4800+ and OC that thing to like 2.8

Gun_Strife said:
get the FX then its for gamers and really no need to oc
Why would you get an FX and not oc it? Those are arguably the best CPUs for OCing - huge stock frequency, unlocked multi. At least take it to 3ghz or 3.2. Or better yet get a vapochill, and see how far you can push the chip. Most of them'll do 3.6 at least ;)

i know they will go uber fast when i OC but i'd rather stick with stock if i go and spend that much or if i get the X2 i would prob just OC to 2.8 so it would be like two fx's.....but i dont really think it would be nessisary....also i know someone who OCed an fx-57 to 4.0ghz, i dont remeber how though....

What's your budget?

Get the most you can out of paying half price.

Oh, and I want an X2 3800+ for half price, too. Hook me up! :p

urbanlegend786 said:
well this is going to be my mainly a gaming and internat computer.....and instant messaging but i dont really understand what they mean by mitlitasking as in listen to music and go on the internat or like 3d gaming while burning a dual layer dvd and downloading a movie off bittorent and downloading an os off limewire...oh yeah i will be constantly downloading stuff off limewire....

By "multitasking" they mean doing stuff like ripping DVDs or encoding MP3s while playing Doom 3 at the same time, not just goofing around with Internet Explorer while listening to music... that kind of stuff doesn't stress your CPU at all.

As previously stated, the X2 4800+ is your best bet. Why?

- Can keep pace with the FX-55 in most gaming applications (2-5fps difference)
- Puts you one step ahead of the gaming curve (dual-core games coming soon)
- You'll be amazed at what you couldn't do before and now can do, at the same time.

:) I have the 4400+ and I love it to death. The 4800+ should be even better.

Those are all crazy expensive.... Get a 4000+

It's 368 on newegg.com and the reviews are nuts, check out the reviews on newegg.com...

Also do a search on google for the 4000+ and FX55 processor, the 4000+ is not too far behind the FX55, not worth the extra cash.

-Mickelonis

urbanlegend786 said:
i know they will go uber fast when i OC but i'd rather stick with stock if i go and spend that much or if i get the X2 i would prob just OC to 2.8 so it would be like two fx's.....but i dont really think it would be nessisary....also i know someone who OCed an fx-57 to 4.0ghz, i dont remeber how though....

it wasn't benchable, only could boot into windows stable, and they used a custom made triple cascade which got temps to -110C and lower

urbanlegend786 said:
i get it all half price so price doesnt matter...i just want the best

well, I would learn a little bit more about how processors, and overclocking work

Without the basic knowledge of why even the 4800+ is beaten out in games by a modestly OC'd 3000+, or why the FX-57/55 really is the best overclocking processor out there, you'll be stabbing in the dark. As all you really seem sure of is that the chip, whatever it is you end up getting, will be at half price.

Well, maybe you're buddy will sell you a FX-57, even though it costs him 1/2 a months rent to do so. That'd be slick, as I highly doubt you'll find too many 3+ ghz parts on the market by AMD, though it'll take a vapo, but with friends in high places, I doubt you'll have any trouble scraping one up.

Also, depending on how exactly this deal with your buddy is working, you could get a hand picked core.

How exactly are you getting the processor, and where is your buddy getting it from?

sorry canr hook anyone up i am not so sure this guy is so reliable anymore....my dad said that he just ripped someone off so he might give me an diffrent processor than i want so i might go for it i might not....

the X2 4800+ is the best consumer processor currently available, imo. If you want better then that, you could get a dual opteron, but those prices are very steep.

urbanlegend786 said:
sorry canr hook anyone up i am not so sure this guy is so reliable anymore....my dad said that he just ripped someone off so he might give me an diffrent processor than i want so i might go for it i might not....
and back down to reality it is.

The whole thing sounds pretty sketch to me.

I'd suggest keeping your money in your pocket, and spending it at a reliable place, after doing some research on what sort of system fits your budget.

Back