Top 20 Games of 2010

HardOCP News

[H] News
It is pretty damn sad that a dance game was the only non-sequel game on the list of top 20 video games of 2010. And, while I am complaining, they need to start tracking Steam / PC sales too. Hit the link for charts from the UK, France, Germany and Spain.

It is pretty damn sad that a dance game was the only non-sequel game on the list of top 20 video games of 2010.

Why try something new when you can milk something old? People still buy it!

Even Hollywood knows damn well what it's doing...

These #'s do not include PC

They are hereby considered garbage.

These were #'s released by Nintendo to puff up their chest.

My biggest complaint is the lack of PC Games these days. There's too much attention given to specific games and it doesn't work for me. I'm a die hard strategy player where I like alot of micromanagement but today's strategy games aren't honestly strategy games anymore. It seems that they've been morphed into Action/Strategy which I think I have to blame consoles for effing it up. The best strategy game these days seems to be just Paradox Plaza doing the work when it comes to titles like Europa, Hearts of Iron, Victoria II, etc.

I have 2 of those titles, the rest would not hold my interest long enough to open their retail box.

I have Assasins Creed: Brotherhood and Red Dead Redemption.

I also don't own an xbox, Amazon "gifted" the games to me by accident, so I bring them to my friends house to play sometimes.

It is pretty damn sad that a dance game was the only non-sequel game on the list of top 20 video games of 2010. And, while I am complaining, they need to start tracking Steam / PC sales too. Hit the link for charts from the UK, France, Germany and Spain.

Actually, that list in general is pretty damn sad. Outside a small handful of games that is largely an extremely crap list.

Didn't the WoW expansion sell something like 4 million units? That's probably enough to place it in first place.

Found some linkage:

http://www.waleg.com/techgadgets/archives/021793.html
It's possible they're basing it off retailer sales (which obviously they didn't get sales data from Steam either). Cata was the first time I could actually buy the digital copy instead of going to pick one up at the store.

2011 definitely going to be > 2010 for PC Gaming

I can't even think of any good games, shit.. I still play BF2 because all the new BF games suck hairy man sack.

Garbage chart. Does not include Microsoft Windows 7 on this "software" list.

Wow, i didn't buy a single one of those "top" games in 2010, and I bought a bunch of games!

2011 definitely going to be > 2010 for PC Gaming

I can't even think of any good games, shit.. I still play BF2 because all the new BF games suck hairy man sack.

BF2 was a terribly flawed game for a long time when it first came out. Hell I even wrote up a list of all of its problems I noticed in about a weeks time. List was like 30+ long, haha, but I still enjoyed the game and played over 80 hours of it.

I did not purchase ANY of those.. then again, I'm cheap... er, I mean financially savvy ;) , and only wait for games to drop to $10-$20 before buying :D

I don't believe Valve releases any Steam sale figures. They would be very interesting to see.

you know, it used to be when you pointed out a mistake with steve, you dissapeared. :D

I'm not surprised at the list, and certainly not surprised to see MW2 to still be on the list.

And they may not have a steam sales figure, but if you have one you can find out how much your account is worth.

http://www.steamcalculator.com/

think it's kinda useless.

Wow ..what a bullshit list. No accounting for huge PC titles this year at all.. or digital downloads.

Starcraft 2 sold a shit load as well.

It would be real interesting to see numbers for mass effect, dawn of war II, and dragon age. Blizzards cataclysm should be on there since there were games that sold less than a million. My guess is that they took a sampling and made assumptions from there.

The disturbing thing I noticed, was Activision insisted on pushing two CoD games down our throats, I had barely bought MW2 and a map pack, before Black Ops came along.

I'm hope Activision doesn't push anymore CoD shit at us. The games suck.

Every time I hit a link this I am reminded to install an ad blocker. They shoot themselves in the foot with this video with audio full volume by default. You either encourage ad blocking or the user goes elsewhere for content. After muting for the third time I gave up trying to read the story and figured it wasn't worth my time.

I'm hope Activision doesn't push anymore CoD shit at us. The games suck.
If you're not going to play it, why do you care if it gets made or not?

Anyway, there's no question that another sequel is on the way. The last two installments earned Activision more than a billion dollars each. Killing off CoD now would make about as much sense as pulling the plug on their 12 million WoW subscribers.

Back