Top 10 PC Games Of 2015

HardOCP News

[H] News
I know some of you might not agree with all the games on this list of the Top 10 PC Games Of 2015, but I personally think this guy nailed it. I might have switched the second and third games on the list but I definitely agree with the title in the top spot.

10) Hacknet
9) Rocket League
8) Cities: Skylines
7) Ori and the Blind Forest
6) Heroes of the Storm
5) DiRT Rally
4) Rainbow Six Siege
3) Fallout 4
2) Grand Theft Auto V
1) Witcher 3

Just the game names from the video:

#1 (his game of year) Witcher 3
#2 GTA 5
#3 Fallout 4
#4 Rainbow 6 Seige
#5 Dirt Rally
#6 Heroes of the storm
#7 Ori and the Blind Forest
#8 Cities: Skylines
#9 Rocket League
#10 Hacknet

I must say I have never heard of ORI or Hacknet. I may have to check them out!

Actually not a bad list as far as lists go.

Hard to screw up a list. It is only a list after all. Now, content of said list and relevancy to the topic.. Easier to screw up ;)

Looks pretty legit. Ive been under a rock this year and have played only BF4, Diablo 3, and Anno 2205.
I demanded Fallout 4 from the wife :)

10) Hacknet
9) Rocket League
8) Cities: Skylines
7) Ori and the Blind Forest
6) Heroes of the Storm
5) DiRT Rally
4) Rainbow Six Siege
3) Fallout 4
2) Grand Theft Auto V
1) Witcher 3

10) Hacknet - Never heard of it.
9) Rocket League - Never heard of it.
8) Cities: Skylines - Never heard of it.
7) Ori and the Blind Forest - Never heard of it.
6) Heroes of the Storm -Heard of it, not sure what it actually is.
5) DiRT Rally -Heard of it, only mildly interested.
4) Rainbow Six Siege -Heard of it, only mildly interested.
3) Fallout 4 -Heard of it, not remotely interested.
2) Grand Theft Auto V -Heard of it, definitely interested.
1) Witcher 3 -Heard of it, only mildly interested.

This year hasn't really been all that great for games. There were a few new titles I picked up and played but not many.

PC
Arkham Knight
Battlefront
Knights of the Fallen Empire (SWTOR Expansion)

Xbox One
Halo Master Chief Collection
Halo 5: Guardians

I've played a lot of games this year of course, but I haven't bought anything new aside from what I listed above. Everything else I've played was an older game, and something I got on a Steam sale or free through Origin.

hrm rainbow six is especially tempting now that the CSGO devs have really dropped the ball, I was already interested before that.
Witcher III Ftw
Starcraft 2 LOV really good too IMO

10) Hacknet - Never heard of it.
9) Rocket League - Never heard of it.
7) Ori and the Blind Forest - Never heard of it.
6) Heroes of the Storm -Heard of it, not sure what it actually is.
5) DiRT Rally -Heard of it, only mildly interested.
4) Rainbow Six Siege -Heard of it, only mildly interested.
3) Fallout 4 -Heard of it, not remotely interested.
2) Grand Theft Auto V -Heard of it, definitely interested.
1) Witcher 3 -Heard of it, only mildly interested.

This year hasn't really been all that great for games. There were a few new titles I picked up and played but not many.

PC
Arkham Knight
Battlefront
Knights of the Fallen Empire (SWTOR Expansion)

Xbox One
Halo Master Chief Collection
Halo 5: Guardians

I've played a lot of games this year of course, but I haven't bought anything new aside from what I listed above. Everything else I've played was an older game, and something I got on a Steam sale or free through Origin.

Basically you just typed out "I don't like games, I don't follow games, I don't generally buy games. When I do buy games accidentally, it's only franchise games that I have played before in one form or another."

Hacknet - never heard of it, but now I am going to try it
Rocket League - awesome game
City Skylines - not convinced, but I will consider it
Ori- Yes please
Heroes of the storm - honestly I am tired of this genre of game, but I will agree it is well done
Dirt Rally - pfft driving games whatever
Rainbow Six - didn’t care for it
Fallout 4 - yeah it had to be here.
GTA - whatever, so sick of these, novelty is lost on me anymore
Witcher 3? I didn’t care for previous Witcher games, is this one really that good?

I would have put 'Pillars of Eternity' on the list somewhere

Basically you just typed out "I don't like games, I don't follow games, I don't generally buy games. When I do buy games accidentally, it's only franchise games that I have played before in one form or another."

I was going to say that same thing, just less put together...

First off, I'm sure I forgot one or two games I did buy this year.

Second, I learned a long time ago to judge games on their merits instead of the hype. So no, I don't follow the industry super closely. A lot of what comes out is trash anyway. I do like to play games, though I don't have the time for it I once did. Despite that I've played tons of games this year, but many of them as I said were older titles bought on sale. I rarely buy games at full price. For the most part I don't go beyond the FPS genre. I don't care for most RPG games. I do not care for anything turn based. I don't do simulators, I do play racing games sometimes but those are hit and miss for me. I like RTS games but I'm not great at them. I'm very picky too so I won't play too many of those in general.

I didn't care for Fallout 1, 2, or 3. So I passed on 4. I'm not into the fantasy genre at all so games that are set in it don't usually do anything for me. Unfortunately that takes most RPGs off the table. GTAV is one I meant to get and never did. I was playing some other stuff at the time and planned on picking it up when it got cheaper. Then I ended up unemployed and by the time I was employed again I had other concerns and now I'm past that, but I had honestly forgotten about it. I haven't liked most of the Rainbow Six series past the very first one. As a result I haven't been all that interested in this one. No one I know is playing it so it hasn't been on my mind.

I love playing games. Unfortunately I'm difficult to please.

:D That's what I got from it, too.

Hacknet & Ori are the only ones I haven't heard of. I'm looking into them now, though. The others - heard of them, want to play them if I don't already have them.

Meh.
Now a days I just don't have much time for gaming.
My HD7870 ended up in my linux box. My "gaming" system I will likely give to my son and retire his Athlon II box.

I'm hoping in 6-8 months from now things will get settled more and I will able able to pick gaming up again with a new PC build ready for VR. Right now we are getting the house in shape to put on the market in the spring. After it sells and we move to a nicer place and then hopefully I can get back into gaming some.

Meh.
Now a days I just don't have much time for gaming.
My HD7870 ended up in my linux box. My "gaming" system I will likely give to my son and retire his Athlon II box.

I'm hoping in 6-8 months from now things will get settled more and I will able able to pick gaming up again with a new PC build ready for VR. Right now we are getting the house in shape to put on the market in the spring. After it sells and we move to a nicer place and then hopefully I can get back into gaming some.

It sucks being an adult sometimes. I've been busier this year than I probably ever have been. After getting my TITAN X's I've had less time to game than I ever have. There are several games made over the last couple of years that I wanted to play but never got around to. Shadow Warrior (2013) and GTA5 (2015) are two such examples. I've gone back and fourth on Dying Light. The reviews on it make me hesitant to pick it up. I have little free time and I'd hate to waste my time and money on a total piece of shit.

It sucks being an adult sometimes. I've been busier this year than I probably ever have been. After getting my TITAN X's I've had less time to game than I ever have. There are several games made over the last couple of years that I wanted to play but never got around to. Shadow Warrior (2013) and GTA5 (2015) are two such examples. I've gone back and fourth on Dying Light. The reviews on it make me hesitant to pick it up. I have little free time and I'd hate to waste my time and money on a total piece of shit.

^This....

Its funny because youre damned if you spend the money and then become super busy, which seems to happen %70-80 of the time, or you don't do the upgrade and spend the money on a game, and you are bored as sh*t because then you aren't busy.....weird double edged sword.

Why isn't Kerbal Space Program even on the list? 1.0 dropped back in April. It's the best game I've ever played and perhaps the best example of a successful indie PC game for nerds.

Cities: Skylines was great if you were into SimCity up through SimCity 4, it's everything EA's horrible SimCity money-grab should have been for less than half the price.

Been playing Fallout 4. The rest...haven't looked into much. I think Cities: Skylines is on my Steam wishlist and I'll probably get it when it's $5 :)

Why isn't Kerbal Space Program even on the list? 1.0 dropped back in April. It's the best game I've ever played and perhaps the best example of a successful indie PC game for nerds.

Cities: Skylines was great if you were into SimCity up through SimCity 4, it's everything EA's horrible SimCity money-grab should have been for less than half the price.

I liked the earlier SimCity games as a kid. I don't know that I've played any of them as an adult.

I've been enjoying Thea: The Awakening way too much for a $20 or so game. Unfortunately, nobody seems to even have heard of it.

I've been enjoying Thea: The Awakening way too much for a $20 or so game. Unfortunately, nobody seems to even have heard of it.

I haven't heard of it either. That does remind me, I need to buy my copy of Mean Greens Plastic Warfare.

I didn't care for Fallout 1, 2, or 3. So I passed on 4.

I didn't care much for 3, but I'm loving 4. The combat is a lot better. The perks system is a lot better. The initial story seems a bit lackluster, but the overall story is pretty enjoyable.

Haven't played GTA but I largely concur with the first half of the list. Siege is great fun if you don't want to deal with an overwhelming amount of unlocks and just enjoy PVP with a little twist on it. Not worth $60 I don't think though, I'd wait for $30 unless you got it with a video card like I did.

Witcher 3 deserves number 1.

Only played GTA V and Witcher 3 from that list. Def. agree that being an adult sucks, especially when trying to run two start-ups and still maintain other hobbies. Ah well, plenty of time to catch up on games when the money pours in and it's on cruise control. :cool:

Only game on that list I have is Fallout 4. Still haven't played it, though.

This has been a good year to catch up on my gaming backlog and replay a couple favorites.

Where the hell is mgs 5?

Trashcan where it belongs?? i guess. A buddy of mine first played this when he got his xb1 this fall, primarily because that was the only game he purchased with the console. played the shit out of it until FO4 was released. He never mentioned MGS5 since.

Where the hell is mgs 5?

I've heard that it was a bit underwhelming. A solid game, but not on Arkham Knight's level. Arkham Knight was a technical atrocity on the PC, but it was a solid game in other respects.

Witcher games always look amazing. They are also some of the grindiest fetch quest games I've ever played. Witcher 2s also had hardest "tutorial" I ever ran across. I bought 1&2 but won't get 3 even if the same geeks are raving.

Why does it seem like every person forgot about Soma?

To me it was the second favorite game this year behind Witcher 3 yet it's getting ignored across almost every "top list" of games this year, even pc-focused lists.

One of the best sci fi games and a game that actually has a good and interesting story along with it's unique setting (deep underwater) that leaves you thinking about the story and choices even after you've finished it.

I've gone back and fourth on Dying Light. The reviews on it make me hesitant to pick it up

it's basically a very polished version of Dead Island. More open world but it's still the same hack and slash a zombie game at it's core. If a person wants to hack up zombie, it's great. If one is tired of zombies as an over all theme then pass on it. That said running for my life over roof tops, trying to make it to a save zone, filled me with a feeling if nerd fear/panic I have not had in a game for over a decade.

that alone made it worth a pick up to me at least.

as for the list.. I think Rocket League should of been a little higher being it's only $20 at full price and it's just a fun future sport sort of game. Still had a good size player base too and so many online indie sort of mutiplayer games die a -no players death- with in a month.

Witcher games always look amazing. They are also some of the grindiest fetch quest games I've ever played. Witcher 2s also had hardest "tutorial" I ever ran across. I bought 1&2 but won't get 3 even if the same geeks are raving.

I hear ya, I almost had to force myself to get through the first two games for those same reasons.

But the Witcher 3, is a masterpiece. I'm truly loving every moment in that game. Seems like every single little quest I pickup has a rich engaging story line to go with it, and the animation and voice acting is all top notch. So far, it's among the top of my list for best games I've ever played.

Witcher 3 is about as far from "grindiest/fetch quest" as you can get.

They focused a lot more on quality>quantity compared to the likes of other open world games (especially Ubisoft style "Collect-a-thon" open world games).

Most quests have a good engaging storyline and backstory and then the choices you make that have consequences or affect something down the road.

As far as "collectibles" go it's more focused on actually treasure hunting, finding gear and things so that you can craft witcher gear and awesome equipment and not just "meangingless" checkboxes to get a trophy or achievement.

Just the game names from the video:

#1 (his game of year) Witcher 3
#2 GTA 5
#3 Fallout 4
#4 Rainbow 6 Seige
#5 Dirt Rally
#6 Heroes of the storm
#7 Ori and the Blind Forest
#8 Cities: Skylines
#9 Rocket League
#10 Hacknet

I must say I have never heard of ORI or Hacknet. I may have to check them out!

My take:

#1 - Yes, but I have not actually played too much of it, only made it to the fort that gave me my first monster killing quest, then stopped
#2 - No, haven't bothered. I can no longer stomache playing a bad guy.
#3 - Yes, but again, I have not played much of it because I keep getting motion sickness
#4 - No, haven't considered it yet
#5 - Not even remotely interested in sport type games
#6 - Not even remotely interested in player vs player or cooperative type games
#7 - Haven't considered it yet
#8 - Haven't considered it yet, but I am more into empire building than city building
#9 - see #5
#10 - Haven't heard of it.

Back