Top 10 cheapest X58 motherboards

if you check my first post, the one that YOU QUOTED you will see that i did link to it. and its not my evga. i have the a1. which, along with the tr and the dfi lp dk are better than any of the boards on that list or any other list in the universe. much like myself, i might add.

It looked like the one that was already posted. And your bias for brands is of no concern to this list.The EVGA doesn't even qualify for the list anymore unless it comes back in stock AND takes a severe price dip.

but that one can only be missing from the canadian list. even tho it would be the best board on that list, if it did, in fact, exist. the list, i mean. not the board. the board in fact, does not exist. on the list, i mean.

but that one can only be missing from the canadian list. even tho it would be the best board on that list, if it did, in fact, exist. the list, i mean. not the board. the board in fact, does not exist. on the list, i mean.

Tell you what, why don't you make your OWN list based on whatever agenda you seem to prioritize. Since you obviously have some agenda to fulfill, don't let me hold ya back.

Wow the X58 mobos seem to be dropping in price fast.

I got in on the Canadian deal to for the Evga X58 and NCIX does ship to the U.S.

The price was actually $246 not only for the board but also 6GB DDR3 memory so put that on your list:D

Wow the X58 mobos seem to be dropping in price fast.

I got in on the Canadian deal to for the Evga X58 and NCIX does ship to the U.S.

The price was actually $246 not only for the board but also 6GB DDR3 memory so put that on your list:D

Do you have a link for that? If they ship that deal to the US, then damn straight it's going right to the top of the list considering the cheapest 6Gb kits are still very close to 100 bucks. That will have to be the absolute best bang for the buck yet. Nice find!

sadly no free 6gb with the mobo :(

missed out on the deal. probably would have jumped if it included the free 6gb stt ddr3 ram

Lovin' my UD3R. No need for SLI or water blocks or any top end bells and whistles.

Lovin' my UD3R. No need for SLI or water blocks or any top end bells and whistles.

Same here. Best bang for buck motherboard in the list IMO. I don't need SLI, water cooling or 6 ram slots. 6Gb is plenty ram for me for the life of this board.

Talk about being spat upon........

The EVGA "special-cheap" board is the exact same board I paid $299 for in December,save for "only" a two year warranty.(might be three, I'm not sure about that) Grrrrrrrrrr.:mad:

Now that the sooper-dee-dooper "Classified" motherboard is a week or so from launch, EVGA decides to drop the price, slap a slightly different ID sticker on the board and box, AND not only lower the selling price, but give you a fricking REBATE on top.

I like my X58 SLI "A1" version just fine, but this is a great deal......and slaps the early adopters right in the noggin for grins...........

I guess it's why I buy BFG graphics cards.:D

Hi, here's my first post on this forum. I've been looking for discount i7 boards since I prefer overclocking over bells and whistles (i.e. X58-UD4P vs. X58 extreme). I didn't see any mention of ewiz.com or ncixus.com. Ewiz charges tax in CA (which negates some of the value); however ncixus is ncix's US website which still doesn't charge tax for US patrons, and the prices are cheaper than converting canadian $ into US $ from the ncix website. Stock goes pretty quick from ncixus, but they usually have it back within a week, and the prices can fluctuate day to day (usually for the cheaper). I didn't know whether to PM the main poster or what, so I updated the list using these websites and double checked the preexisting links.

1. Zotac X58SLI-A-E $174.99 (MIR, Newegg)
2. MSI X58 Pro $178.50 (Ewiz)
3. Gigabyte EX58-UD3R $186.81 (Ewiz)
4. MSI X58 Platinum SLI $209.10 (Ewiz)
5. ECS X58B-A $211.47 (mir, Ncixus.com)
6. DFI Lanparty JR X58-T3H6 $214.20 (Ewiz)
7. Gigabyte EX58-DS4 $215.44 (discounted until 3/3, Ncixus.com)
8. Asus P6T $224.40 (Ewiz)
9. DFI LP DK X58-T3eH6 $229.50 (Ewiz)
10. Biowpower X58 T-Power $231.31 (Ewiz)

Happy bargain hunting! (Still no evga on the list ;))

Hi, here's my first post on this forum. I've been looking for discount i7 boards since I prefer overclocking over bells and whistles (i.e. X58-UD4P vs. X58 extreme). I didn't see any mention of ewiz.com or ncixus.com. Ewiz charges tax in CA (which negates some of the value); however ncixus is ncix's US website which still doesn't charge tax for US patrons, and the prices are cheaper than converting canadian $ into US $ from the ncix website. Stock goes pretty quick from ncixus, but they usually have it back within a week, and the prices can fluctuate day to day (usually for the cheaper). I didn't know whether to PM the main poster or what, so I updated the list using these websites and double checked the preexisting links.

1. Zotac X58SLI-A-E $174.99 (MIR, Newegg)
2. MSI X58 Pro $178.50 (Ewiz)
3. Gigabyte EX58-UD3R $186.81 (Ewiz)
4. MSI X58 Platinum SLI $209.10 (Ewiz)
5. ECS X58B-A $211.47 (mir, Ncixus.com)
6. DFI Lanparty JR X58-T3H6 $214.20 (Ewiz)
7. Gigabyte EX58-DS4 $215.44 (discounted until 3/3, Ncixus.com)
8. Asus P6T $224.40 (Ewiz)
9. DFI LP DK X58-T3eH6 $229.50 (Ewiz)
10. Biowpower X58 T-Power $231.31 (Ewiz)

Happy bargain hunting! (Still no evga on the list ;))

Front page list updated. Thanks :D

Don't know if this qualifies for the list but Newegg has the Gigabyte DS4 Open Box for $165.

Damn, I really like the "Biopower - power to the biomass" kind of company lol :D

Talk about being spat upon........

The EVGA "special-cheap" board is the exact same board I paid $299 for in December,save for "only" a two year warranty.(might be three, I'm not sure about that) Grrrrrrrrrr.:mad:

Now that the sooper-dee-dooper "Classified" motherboard is a week or so from launch, EVGA decides to drop the price, slap a slightly different ID sticker on the board and box, AND not only lower the selling price, but give you a fricking REBATE on top.

I like my X58 SLI "A1" version just fine, but this is a great deal......and slaps the early adopters right in the noggin for grins...........

I guess it's why I buy BFG graphics cards.:D

EVGA is the only one with a lifetime warranty, and of course you paid for that difference. Not to mention the fact that you are an early adopter and price drops are part of that unfortunately.

EVGA is the only one with a lifetime warranty, and of course you paid for that difference. Not to mention the fact that you are an early adopter and price drops are part of that unfortunately.

XFX has lifetime warranty as well, double lifetime in fact (as in will carry to second owner). Has that changed?

The words and should not be used in the same thread LOL..

Personally, I think budget boards are fine if you just want a system that works and do not care about overclocks, but in my experience you can not beat a quality board for maxing out a system.

Many cheaper boards with more expensive cousins (msi, gigabyte, ect) are the same core components with some extras like SLI stripped out. The chipset/sb/bios is what matters to overclocks.

I have overclocked with budget boards for many years, as long as you properly research your purchase you can always save a little dough.

I'm looking at the 200 dollar gigabyte board right now. -2 memory slots (but 6gb will do me 2 years) but I prefer GB to MSI.

XFX has lifetime warranty as well, double lifetime in fact (as in will carry to second owner). Has that changed?

Sorry, i forgot that XFX had an X58.:eek:

I just know that most motherboard manufacturers dont offer lifetime on mobos. I dont know anything about the XFX X58.

I just looked and theres no info for X58 warranty, but all their other boards are 2 years.

Sorry, i forgot that XFX had an X58.:eek:

I just know that most motherboard manufacturers dont offer lifetime on mobos. I dont know anything about the XFX X58.

I just looked and theres no info for X58 warranty, but all their other boards are 2 years.

Not sure what good a lifetime warranty does for folks like us anyway though. How often do you keep a system for more then 2 years? I know some do, but I know 2 years is the max time a motherboard stays in my case anyway. I've only had one make it that long recently and it was the IP35 Pro. That board is still serving duty in my Media Center machine. Kinda ironic that just about the time the warranty ran out on it, Abit stopped making motherboards.

I was very much looking forward to an Abit X58 motherboard :(

Not to argue........but "lifetime" is only relevant to how long one uses the board.

I'm glad I have a warranty.

But we are now seeing that the true worth of the board is $250 not $300, and that sort of chaps my ass.

EVGA is selling the same exact board, nothing changed except a virtual warranty.
Demonstrates the philosophy of get it while you can.......early adopter is just a nicer term.

I have to say, Gigabyte owners have been treated MUCH better then EVGA owners in that regard. My UD3R has only dropped 10 bucks since launch, but started out at a reasonable price so hasn't needed price drops as much to make it affordable. Early adopting with Gigabyte sounds alot safer then early adopting with EVGA. At least Gigabyte starts their boards out costing what they should and not overcharging the hell out of us with "early adopter tax".

Not sure what good a lifetime warranty does for folks like us anyway though. How often do you keep a system for more then 2 years? I know some do, but I know 2 years is the max time a motherboard stays in my case anyway. I've only had one make it that long recently and it was the IP35 Pro. That board is still serving duty in my Media Center machine. Kinda ironic that just about the time the warranty ran out on it, Abit stopped making motherboards.

I was very much looking forward to an Abit X58 motherboard :(
I know what you're talking about, but i also still keep my old systems at the same time.

I still have my Rigs from 1999, 2002, and 2005 but have also sold the rigs inbetween those. So, im sure lifetime is useful for anyone that keeps their systems, but for some lifetime is not really important and thats why they dont consider it when buying a mobo.

I know what you're talking about, but i also still keep my old systems at the same time.

I still have my Rigs from 1999, 2002, and 2005 but have also sold the rigs inbetween those. So, im sure lifetime is useful for anyone that keeps their systems, but for some lifetime is not really important and thats why they dont consider it when buying a mobo.

I too keep alot of my old systems around after I upgrade away from them as the main rig. My Abit IP35 Pro for example is now serving Media Center duty quite well. My A64 X2 is now serving as a household machine. But once they've been moved out of my main machine, it's usually after they are outdated, and dirt cheap to replace should something go wrong with them. So I've never really looked at warranty when buying motherboards. As long as it has one year, I'm good with it.

Back