Top 10 cheapest X58 motherboards

moshpit

Limp Gawd
Building an i7 rig isn't a cheap proposition from the get go, so if money is an issue, but you will not settle for Core 2 or Phenom II, then among these 10 boards, all well under 300 dollars, will give you some options to choose from. Varying levels of features abound among these mobos, from the nearly stripped down MSI X58 Pro to the bells and whistles galore of the Gigabyte UD4P, you should be able to find a good fit for your needs in this list. If money is no concern, then this list isn't for you. If trying to get an i7 on a budget describes you, then this list IS for you.

1. MSI X58 Pro $169.99 (MIR, Newegg)
2. Zotac X58SLI-A-E $174.99 (MIR, Newegg)
3. Gigabyte EX58-UD3R $186.81 (Ewiz)
4. MSI X58 Platinum SLI $209.10 (Ewiz)
5. ECS X58B-A $211.47 (mir, Ncixus.com)
6. DFI Lanparty JR X58-T3H6 $214.20 (Ewiz)
7. Gigabyte EX58-DS4 $215.44 (discounted until 3/3, Ncixus.com)
8. Asus P6T $224.40 (Ewiz)
9. DFI LP DK X58-T3eH6 $229.50 (Ewiz)
10. Biostar X58 T-Power $231.31 (Ewiz)

Using the Zotac X58SLI-A-E motherboard, This 3Gb G.Skill DDR3 1600mhz kit for $60 bucks and a Core i7 920 for $288.99, the core components are now down to under 530 dollars before shipping (not counting MC i7 920 deals since you have to live close to one to benefit).

Edit: List updated

don't do msi pro
shop around
msi's bios is garbage

I'm not too fond of MSI either, to tell the truth. I went with the Gigabyte UD3R instead and couldn't be happier. Overclocks like a real champ too. That Supermicro board looks promising for a cheapy workstation build IMO.

I have the x58 plat sli and had the p45 plat - no issues at all.

rock stable, I havent OC'd my x58 but the p45 board was rockin just fine.

I have the x58 plat sli and had the p45 plat - no issues at all.

rock stable, I havent OC'd my x58 but the p45 board was rockin just fine.

I lost my taste for MSI boards back on the K8T Neo FIS2R boards. I had 2 of them and they ran great for a year, then both bellied up within a month of each other. The only video card I've ever had die on me personally was an MSI vid card as well. I've had terrible luck with MSI, both from Newegg and Fry's purchases.

From your list I think the choices to consider are the Asus, Gigabyte and the DFI motherboards. MSI has never performed well for me so I would not consider it to go into any more of my builds in the near future.

+1 for Gigabyte mobos

Overclock well, stable and do like the energy efficiency/2 oz copper layer feature.

I have the X58 Eclipse and love it... no problem hitting 4+ghz with my 920.

I'm planning on doing the mATX route, either LP JR or Asus's RoG, dunno which yet.. Also getting the 920 from MicroCenter, what a steal!

The words
and
should not be used in the same thread LOL..

Personally, I think budget boards are fine if you just want a system that works and do not care about overclocks, but in my experience you can not beat a quality board for maxing out a system.

Why isnt the EVGA X58 on this list? It can be bought for under $300.
I just bought this mobo and 6GB of DDR3 memory for $260 shipped.

Why isnt the EVGA X58 on this list? It can be bought for under $300.
I just bought this mobo and 6GB of DDR3 memory for $260 shipped.

Simple. It's not in the top 10 cheapest at Newegg when I looked. You provide a link to your board of choice that is cheaper then the 10th place, then I'll edit it in. I don't mind modifying the list with new info as it comes in, but I only looked in one place for my list, so if you have info, link it up and I'll add it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just because you live in the state that Amazon doesn't charge tax to, don't assume that everyone else does too. I'm amazed how often people forget that all companies DO charge tax to different states.

Believe me I dont forget. I have to pay tax on every freakin deal at NewEgg...................Plus sometimes Shipping.

Dude, I'd get the DFI X58-T3H6 Hands Down. If I was in the market, I wouldn't even consider another option even if the ASUS matx x58 comes to the market.

The words and should not be used in the same thread LOL..

Personally, I think budget boards are fine if you just want a system that works and do not care about overclocks, but in my experience you can not beat a quality board for maxing out a system.

Then your experience is lacking. Gigabyte motherboards are world class overclockers and even the lowest end Gigabyte X58 board, the UD3R, goes toe to toe with the more expensive boards any day.

i love the Gigabyte EX58-UD3R. GREAT BOARD.

Totally agreed, overclocks like a beast and with super ease. Pay no attention to sgrinavi, he's not experienced Gigabytes "budget" boards before I think. The bang for buck favorite among many enthusiasts, Gigabyte has always delivered a spectacular "3" series board. From the first 965P-DS3 to the popular P35-DS3 series to the now famously overclocking P45-UD3 boards, and now the X58-UD3R carries on the tradition in class.

Biostar is rumored to be a great oc'er, too. I think someone on XS did like 4.5 with 920 or something on air. I had one and liked it a lot until I determined it had a faulty USB controller. I rmaed it and jumped on Evga deal from Ncix instead :) I really hope that RussianHaxxor has serious grounds for pimping evga boards :D

The list pretty much underwent a big upheaval last 2 days. If MIR's are added in, alot of boards have already dropped in price since I posted the list. Going to update it now.

Edit: List updated to current Newegg prices. The EVGA doesn't make the list since it's out of stock.

Whatever you say...

I personally don't count MIRs because you still have to pay the cash at checkout.

Also, as I previously mentioned/showed Newegg is not the only retailer.

<_<

Are you on drugs or something? Or just bad at math? If it's more expensive then the number 10 spot, what do you want, for it to be posted anyway even though it's NOT one of the top 10 cheapest?

You EVGA fans get this straight, if it's not in stock or costs more then the board in the number 10 spot, it's not going in the list. Don't be rude.

I personally don't count MIRs because you still have to pay the cash at checkout.

Also, as I previously mentioned/showed Newegg is not the only retailer.

<_<

Added. But with it's move up the list, it knocked the Biostar off the list totally. 269.99 is now too much to make the list. The new highest price on the list is 259.99.

The EVGA isn't missing. If it's not in stock it doesn't go in the list. Period. This isn't the "Top 10 cheapest X58 motherboards that you cannot get" list :rolleyes:

ok then let me rephrase that. the missing dfi lp dk that is in stock for $249 but still not on the list is the best board on or off the list for that price except for the missing but not missing evga which is not on the list but not missing either because its not in stock at newegg.

back to you, chet.

ok then let me rephrase that. the missing dfi lp dk that is in stock for $249 but still not on the list is the best board on or off the list for that price except for the missing but not missing evga which is not on the list but not missing either because its not in stock at newegg.

back to you, chet.

Funny it didn't show up when searched for, but I found it. Maybe if you had linked to as requested it would have gotten to the list sooner.

Edit: Your EVGA is NEVER making the list now. It's price is 269.99 and the number 10 spot is 249.99, so sorry. It's not even a top 10 cheapest qualifier now, even if it was in stock, which it still isn't.

if you check my first post, the one that YOU QUOTED you will see that i did link to it. and its not my evga. i have the a1. which, along with the tr and the dfi lp dk are better than any of the boards on that list or any other list in the universe. much like myself, i might add.

Back