Tool to monitor both Ubuntu and Windows boxen?

agrikk

Gawd
So I've recently stood up two Ubuntu boxes with the FAH6 client, and I'm trying to figure out how to get them into the Windows FAHcontrol applet that comes with the folding client.

Is there a guide somewhere that shows how to configure the Linux client to accept monitoring requests with a password?

Alternately, is there a better tool for both Ubuntu and Windows that I should be using?

Unfortunately, V6 client does not offer monitoring interface compatible with V7 FAHcontrol.
While a V7<->V6 bridge would be nice, we don't have it planned at this time.

Currently, the best option to monitor V7 and V6 clients from single point is using HFM.

W.Feather has put a setup guide for Windows HFM users here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1754841
It covers both V7 and V6 clients (over the network). Important bit in setting up remote V6 monitoring is knowing IP addresses of your V6 machines.

HFM guide expects that samba is installed and FAH client data are accessible via FAH share.
These requirements are implicitly met if you either followed Ubuntu Desktop Installation Guide or are using [H] Ubuntu Folding Appliance.

Let us know if you have add'l questions :)

Back