Too much voltage for q6600 G0?

alik4041

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm currently running my q6600 @ 3.6ghz on air (TRUE) @ 1.44v. I know this isn't too good for the life of my cpu, but I'm wondering if it's a lethal dose of voltage that's delaying the inevitable death of my cpu. I've been running this for over 8 months at this speed & voltage. Temperatures are usually no higher then 25C at idle and get to 50-55C @ load. I don't remember it ever hittting 60C or anything of that sort. It is not prime stable at these speeds. I can run 2 processes of orthos stressing all 4 cores and it will last a bit over an hour then fail. I also have EIST & C1E enabled so @ idle it's 1.30 to 1.34volts running at 2.4ghz because the 6x multi. I also have the vdroop mod on my Abit IP35 Pro. I should mention this, even though it fails after an hour in orthos, it has never failed me in RL usage of gaming/multitasking, etc. and I'm not one to give my cpu an easy time :) Please let me know what you think, thanks. I'm open to all opinions, even the negative ones :p

Last edited:
Haven't owned it that long (3 weeks?), but I'm running my Q6600 G0 at 1.45 to 1.4625 volts at 3.6 ghz. Idle is lower, because of the C1E and EIST.

No noticable problems either.

Last edited:
Back