Too good to be true? Optoma H31 projector $68.76

biztyke

2[H]4U
Here

I know nothing about this company, I found this on a home theater forum. I don't know if its a mistake or what. the projector is only 480p, but its native 16:9 and it's a good quality unit with great reviews.......for $70 it's an absolute steal.

They only ship within the US, and I am in Canada, otherwise i would be willing to risk a measly $100 or so to see if this is real.

I have an Yamaha LPX-500 now... Hmm... Sub $100 projector or possibly credit card theft...

Not gonna risk it.

~$500 projector (per Amazon reseller listings) at 70 bucks? Its STOLEN/BROKEN is what it is.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/projectors/optoma-h31 - this thing MSRP'ed at 1300 back in 05.

Just my opinion, but no fucking way is this thing selling for this dirt cheap legitimately. Not even in the face of it being only 480p. The way I see it, if resellers on Amazon aren't selling it that cheap just to get it out of their inventory, then there's no way in hell some no name website can sell it legitimately. (By no name I mean a name that isn't commonly spoken of in terms of shopping online. i.e. Newegg, TigerDirect, etc.)

I wouldn't trust it. Not unless you can find similar pricing elsewhere.

fake site, nothing seems to really work on the Help side of things.

The prices for the rest of the products on their site suck... so I'm going to go with "price mistake."

Either way, you're not getting your projector :p

"Akromo is not responsible for typographical or photographical errors. Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice" cuz we are a turd of a site.

The HD60 is the only optoma projector worth a damn anyways.

Anybody in FLA...could go pick em up 10 of them after you test it & flip it!

Akromo LLC
170 Ocean Ln Dr, #411
Miami, FL 33149

http://www.google.com/products/cata...&cid=1001495954907405349&sa=button#ps-sellers

Probably a price or listing mistake. The other two Optoma H31 projectors in that link are Plantronic H31 headsets.

Not even in the face of it being only 480p. The way I see it, if resellers on Amazon aren't selling it that cheap just to get it out of their inventory, then there's no way in hell some no name website can sell it legitimately.
Those aren't going to sell at that price. Amazon marketplace prices aren't always a good measure of what something is worth. I sell old stuff on amazon and it can take months to move a low volume item at *reasonable prices*. On ebay in the last 30 days, that model has sold for between $136 and $320, mostly around $250.

"Akromo is not responsible for typographical or photographical errors. Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice" cuz we are a turd of a site.

That T&C is on every single e-retailer on the internet, but the site seems fishy regardless.

Smells funny. Stay away imo
7221e5c8ec6b08ef6d3f9ff3ce6eb1d1.gif

Anybody in FLA...could go pick em up 10 of them after you test it & flip it!

Akromo LLC
170 Ocean Ln Dr, #411
Miami, FL 33149

i might take the bait and drive down if they let me pick it up.. will see tomorrow.

thinking about picking up 1,000 units and reselling them on c-list (no fees)

oh yeah, might be a good idea to buy LifeLock.

Back