Too bad Intel forced mobo makers to recall bclk bios's for non k processors. Still have my bios

JNavy89GT

[H]ard|Gawd
picked up an i5 6500 to play with. $170 off ebay not the greatest deal, but I wanted to play.

After a night of tweaking here's what I got. I can go a bit higher, but past 4725 it starts to get sketchy between ram needing to get lowered to 2400mhz or so(max oc of ram seems to be 2580mhz or so at present timings-Gskill PC2400 DDR4 2x16gb=32gb kit). This is at 1.365v set in bios which gives 1.36 in windows and under load. upped ram to 1.35 or 1.325 I forget. Really a shame Intel didn't let more of play with these non K cpu's and oc'ing.

yPvPzhQ.jpg

Last edited:
My board can still OC a non K via BCLK if you wish using the 0x9E microcode.

Did anyone besides Asrock actually remove it?

Also there is a lot of issues doing the non K OC.

I think Asrock was the only company *daring* enough to keep the BCLK o/c BIOS.

newer bios's for this board will remove the sky oc function. So afaik no current boards support the feature, but I really haven't kept up much on it either, so maybe I'm out of the loop and this is a dumb post if they can oc non k cpus.

yeah I agree, it does "break" some features and I'm ok with that to an extent. That said, moving forward on my main gaming rig I did pony up for a 6700k and Asus Z170 Tuf Sabertooth Mark 1. It's just kinda fun to make cheaper parts shine a bit. Harkens me back to the days where you could get a celeron or Duron up to and above the highest end cpu(stock) performance.

Back