Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 Remaster Announced!

Derangel

Fully [H]

https://blog.activision.com/tony-hawk/2020-05/Get-Ready-to-Grind-into-Tony-Hawks-Pro-Skater-1-and-2

All the original tracks.
Most of the original music (there are apparently a couple tracks they couldn't get)
Developed by Vicarious Visions (Crash and Spyro remasters)
Essentially a remake branded as a remaster in typical VV style.
Almost everything is being remade from the ground up, VV was only able to get handling information from the old games.
The goal is to get as close to 1-to-1 as possible.
Online multiplayer, new challenges, character specific challenges.
September 4th for $40
Pre-ordering gets early access to try out the Warehouse demo sometime this summer
Looks to be Epic exclusive on the PC, otherwise coming to PS4 and XB1.

This IGN video has a little more info, including a couple things I mentioned above

Rumored to be a vinyl sound track pressing happening.

Millencolin supposedly hinted at.

I want to confirm the music so bad but the game looks beautiful.

Pretty cool, although Pro Skater 3 was the one I really remember playing a lot.

Looks awesome, hopefully the gameplay is the same rock solid feel the originals had. Nothing like rocking huge combos and hitting those special moves.

That’ll be fun! I remember when it came out back when I was in high school. That was a nice relaxing game to play.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
About the only Remaster that has actually piqued my interest!

Im really tempted to preorder for the Demo, and play the Warehouse level over and over and over, just like I did with the THPS demo disc I got from pizza hut :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Looks to be Epic exclusive on the PC.
giphy.gif

Also why would Activision drop it on EGS instead of their own Battle.net?

I didn't know anyone actually played these, let alone liked them.

Really looking forward to this but I wont be buying it on XB1 or PS4 with those consoles out by this winter, and wont be buying on EGS either. I hope it does come to Steam or at the very least Battle.net as Id buy it at either of those places.

Looks really good, super sad that it's not on switch, kind of game that would have been amazing to play in small parts on the go.
Still gonna pick it up on PC for some good nostalgia and to see if I can still keep a 2 minute combo going.

I'm actually impressed by this statement.
They were critically acclaimed and sold millions upon millions.

I use to skateboard I had a hard time trying to ollie up a fleet of stairs though the new type of skatebord suck I could never get used to them the double tail and nose skateboards.

They were surprisingly popular amongst teens and younger adults but it wasn't uncommon for adults to play too, interesting game segment to be honest. Clean family fun.

I'm actually impressed by this statement.
They were critically acclaimed and sold millions upon millions.
Quick glance at the post history and you notice he pretty much hates everything. But you need bad guys.

These games were solid for sure, however I have a feeling there's maybe a new skateboard marketing era coming with the 11yr old Brazilian kid that's pulling 1080's and making headlines beating Tony Hawk's records. Only a matter of time until a big co signs him.

Last edited:
I still cant believe my man caballero is 55. I remember meeting him at the Dew tour in Cleveland, and got to skate in the streets with him!
He was such a humble, and chill dude.

ugh this needs to hurry up and come out already!!

I seen Jack black got to hang with the crew, and actually play it. (3:00 min mark)

Im hoping the FPS issue is just from recording/early version.

I still cant believe my man caballero is 55. I remember meeting him at the Dew tour in Cleveland, and got to skate in the streets with him!
He was such a humble, and chill dude.

ugh this needs to hurry up and come out already!!

I seen Jack black got to hang with the crew, and actually play it. (3:00 min mark)

Im hoping the FPS issue is just from recording/early version.

i immediately regret not watching that when it popped up in my recommended list.

Back