Tomorrow we leave the vault!

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
Fallout 3 tomorrow! :D I have been waiting for this for so long

who else is excited?

Pretty damn excited; I practically built a new rig in anticipation of this game.

Dead Space,Far Cry 2 and now Fallout 3.My GTX 280 sure is getting a workout..:p

Countdown to"Im not buying because of DRM"rants..:rolleyes:

I'm not a Fallout fan, because I never played the other two, but Fallout 3 is the only game I'm waiting for at this moment.

That wont happen since bethesda said there would be hardly any DRM like in oblivion.

Honestly, a bit excited now, I'm a fallout 2 nut and am fully prepared for Bethesda screwing this one up, especially since its ported with the consoles. But I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, and if it's good I'll buy it ;)

I'm excited about this game a lot by seeing the advertisements, videos, & actual manual. It should keep me real busy due to the open-endedness of it.

I'm pretty effin excited. I've always been a huge fallout fan... I have always liked what Bethesda has done... so adding the two together should give me some gaming goodness!

Honestly, a bit excited now, I'm a fallout 2 nut and am fully prepared for Bethesda screwing this one up, especially since its ported with the consoles. But I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, and if it's good I'll buy it ;)

If it's anywhere near as "mod-able" as the Elder Scroll Games, then almost any shortcoming of the game due to it being ported from consoles, will be fixed.
I'm expecting the textures to be less detailed, but that should be fixed easily, especially if someone like Qarl, that made a wonderful job in revamping Oblivion, puts his hands on this.

I just can't wait to play in that environment. Seems like a cool place to explore!

I'm pretty effin excited. I've always been a huge fallout fan... I have always liked what Bethesda has done... so adding the two together should give me some gaming goodness!

Not a fallout fan (not yet at least), but definitely a Bethesda fan. Even though Oblivion had a few problems, it was a good game overall and a damn fun one to play that was worth my money, so I have yet to be disappointed by them. Hopefully Fallout 3 doesn't ruin that :)

Pretty damn excited; I practically built a new rig in anticipation of this game.

Why? Fallout 3 runs well on a low to middle end PC.

I'm struggling to find a game worth upgrading for. Crysis Warhead, Far Cry 2 both ran nicely. Alan Wake looks like a gfx card killer, hopefully the game will be good.

The videos have me stoked for this (picking it up from Gamestop tonight at midnight). I'm really looking forward to hammering raiders in the face with the Powerfist.

actually i'm buying it for the xbox so i could are less if it has drm in it

I thought *that* decision was based on your purchasing power from month to month. Hopefully you paid for FC2 since you seem to like it so much. :rolleyes:

I might have to get this game too.
I am going broke.

I might have to get this game too.
I am going broke.

If you trade anything in toward Fallout 3 at Gamestop's midnight release tonight, you get an extra 30% trade credit for it. Definitely worth looking into if you have a bunch of old games gathering dust.

Got to say I'm nervous about this release. Fallout 1 and 2 are amongst my favourite games of all time. It's almost impossible to live up to its predecessors. I can see the backlash approaching here on Overclockers Comparision Page forums!

Even so I'm prepared to exit the vault once more. I never thought the day would come after Van Buren got shelved.

Hopefully the poor washed out textures, lack of dynamic lighting and poor animated characters will be ironed out by the modders.

Otherwise, I think Bethesda have done an excellent job in keeping me interested in this game. They have been surprisingly open to showing new content (which I take as a good sign)

Got to say I'm nervous about this release. Fallout 1 and 2 are amongst my favourite games of all time. It's almost impossible to live up to its predecessors. I can see the backlash approaching here on Overclockers Comparision Page forums!

Even so I'm prepared to exit the vault once more. I never thought the day would come after Van Buren got shelved.

Hopefully the poor washed out textures, lack of dynamic lighting and poor animated characters will be ironed out by the modders.

Otherwise, I think Bethesda have done an excellent job in keeping me interested in this game. They have been surprisingly open to showing new content (which I take as a good sign)
Yes the NerdRage will be overflowing in every game forum. Here is some good reading material while we all wait. http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/42490/Fallout-3-Graphically-Inferior-On-Playstation-3

Why? Fallout 3 runs well on a low to middle end PC.

I'm struggling to find a game worth upgrading for. Crysis Warhead, Far Cry 2 both ran nicely. Alan Wake looks like a gfx card killer, hopefully the game will be good.

I was gaming on a 6800GT just a little over a week ago and Oblivion gave that card fits at 16x12 on my 2001FP with no AA or AF. :eek:

Plus I wanted to see what was so good about gaming at 2560x1600. :D

I was gaming on a 6800GT just a little over a week ago and Oblivion gave that card fits at 16x12 on my 2001FP with no AA or AF. :eek:

Plus I wanted to see what was so good about gaming at 2560x1600. :D

Niiice, I feel almost embarrassed with my puny 22" at 1680 x 1050 ;)

I'm pretty excited about it. I was really excited for FarCry 2 also but that hasn't lived up to my expectations completely, even though I love the game. So hopefully Fallout 3 is a great game or I will be disappointed. I have the next 4 days off from work so will get a good amount of play time in this week.

Meh. Just another game. Bethesda prob screwed it up.
Most likely, but I actually might end up buying it anyway. I figure it like this: if the game's good (shocking), I will have gotten myself a nice little game to play. If it's absolutely tragic (likely), I'll be able to admire it for its failings and join in the various discussions pertaining to its shortcomings. Seems fun enough to me.

I'll just go ahead and snag the retail copy, so if it's ends up being the latter (tragedy), I'll just resell it later so it ends up being a wash for Bethesda. I don't usually do that sort of thing -- in fact I don't recall ever having sold a PC game before -- but I'm prepared to make an exception for this one.

Fallout fans in this thread only please!
You're not allowed to dictate who can and cannot post in your threads, you know ;)

On a side note, what's the deal with certain folks labeling people as non-fans simply because they aren't buying into Bethesda's potential abomination of the IP? You ask me, the true Fallout fans are those who're leery about what Bethesda's done with this...thing.

No DRM count me in. So what is the difference between the Steam version and the retail copy?

I'm pretty excited about it. I was really excited for FarCry 2 also but that hasn't lived up to my expectations completely, even though I love the game. So hopefully Fallout 3 is a great game or I will be disappointed. I have the next 4 days off from work so will get a good amount of play time in this week.

Yeah FC2 carried some great expectations when all it delivered was a good game. I'm guarded in my hopes here too.

I have to be honest here:

I don't care about Fallout in any way. I played the first one, and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't anything even apporaching the orgasmic experience many people are building it up to be. Reality is quite disparate from a person's chokingly nostalgic and unrealistic view of something they "loved" as much as "true" fans love Fallout.

I am interested in Fallout 3 for being Fallout 3, not because it has anything to do with any past game or games.

And yet, you "true" fans are making me wish this game was never even conceived with your petty squabbling about whether or not it is as good as the original. In much the same way excessive Hype makes me loathe the release of a game, the constant cynicism about Fallout 3 is beginning to seriously wear on me.

excessive Hype makes me loathe the release of a game

Sadly this is how I feel also. I think its a good thing though. I usually dont get the game on release day and try not to read too much into other peoples reviews. :p

Ya! I'm gonna try out a Big Guns, Explosives, Speech character this time around. I played the hell out of FO2 but never had a Big Gun character.

If you trade anything in toward Fallout 3 at Gamestop's midnight release tonight, you get an extra 30% trade credit for it. Definitely worth looking into if you have a bunch of old games gathering dust.

I doubt ANY game will get a 30% trade credit...but if it it true i am heading down...

on a side note...i just realise fallout 3 combat can be in real time or like fallout2 where u use ur sniper perks and "pick" at different body parts with different percentage...hence i guess the upgrade in stats and weapons and perks can be of use BY CHOICE by the PLAYERS...

certainly sound like the way the game will be preferably played!!! :)

Back