Tomb Raider Definitive vs. PC Version

Killa|3yte

2[H]4U
Anyone have this? I absolutely loved playing this on my PC, and I'm wondering if this next-gen console version is somehow noticeably better than playing it on ultra on a high-end PC? If it's like night-and-day, I could see myself forking out for this again.

They added hair that's in the PC version and DLC.
If that's worth $60 to you........

Meanwhile PC version is $8 on amazon...

the 'Definitive' version is the PC version...the console one has upgraded visuals for the next-gen consoles but the PC still looks the best

They added hair that's in the PC version and DLC.
If that's worth $60 to you........

Meanwhile PC version is $8 on amazon...

Winner.. 60$ for this game is laughable. Should be 30-40$. Even that is alot.

Should be a $5 DLC/patch combo if all it adds is the DLC and TressFX.

Winner.. 60$ for this game is laughable. Should be 30-40$. Even that is alot.

I don't know about laughable. Its a solid game and IMHO worth at least $50. Anything less than $40 is a damn good bargain for that game. $8 on Amazon is a steal.

I don't know about laughable. Its a solid game and IMHO worth at least $50. Anything less than $40 is a damn good bargain for that game. $8 on Amazon is a steal.

Yeah $8 is a no brainier. It is a damn good game if a bit linear, but that doesn't always mean 'bad'. Also its in-game benchmark when paired with SSAA + TRESSFX makes for a great overclock 'stability' test. If you can run the benchmark for 30 mins with no issues that shit is good to go.

I thought the game was awesome on PC but I'll be damned if the PS4 version isn't in my Gamefly queue. What the hell, why not try it?

It WAS worth that, not anymore.

Old games shouldn't be retail day 1 prices. Would you pay 60$ for duke 3d now?

Games, or anything for that matter should cost whatever the market will bear.

More on topic tho, the new consoles are relative to fairly low end PC's so playing the PC version on a high end PC will most definitely be better.

The game will run at max settings/Tressfx/1080p/no AA and to top it off...30fps

Supposedly they upgraded certain textures and animations so it'll "look better than the PC version." Not sure how that's possible if it won't have AA and run at a much lower framerate, though.

Supposedly they upgraded certain textures and animations so it'll "look better than the PC version." Not sure how that's possible if it won't have AA and run at a much lower framerate, though.

This is what I read as well. It seems a lot of assets were reworked for this release.

Back