Tomb Raider DE Running at 60fps on PS4, 30fps on Xone

Damn this is a big difference:eek:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=756518

From Gaf...

On average:
PlayStation 4 = 60 fps
Xbox One = 30 fps

Yes, the PlayStation 4 build is, on average, twice the framerate of the Xbox One build. Both builds are rendering at native 1080p resolution, and generally look the same in graphical effects (though some minor differences may apply). Performance is a different matter. Both feature unlocked framerates, meaning framerate fluctuates between higher and lower values. The Xbox One build can technically reach around 45 fps, though this performance is generally only achieved during the most empty, simplest environments. For most of your play, and during action scenes, the Xbox One build will sit on around 30 fps. On the other hand, the PlayStation 4 build will attempt to hit 60 fps as often as possible, and does a pretty good job of doing so, but does have slight dips under 60 fps during certain scenarios.

So there it is. Both 1080p. PlayStation 4 = ~60fps average. Xbox One = ~30fps average. Take with a grain of salt if you’d like, but we’ve confirmed it on our end, and confirmation for the rest of the world is only a week away.

It's not wise to link to neogaf around these parts. Not the worlds most credible source.

It's not just gaf, gamesradar had a live stream running with the CD guy there stating it was running on PS4 at 60fps....makes sense with the PS4 having the stronger hardware, just wasn't expecting this much of a gap.

I was disappointed Next-jin or Godmachine didn't post this :D. Maybe this will be my second ps4 game.

Well I wasn't posting to start a war just a heads up for people who own both like myself and were thinking about picking it up, I played the original on the 360 and really liked it but haven't decided if I'm gonna get this one or not.

Well I wasn't posting to start a war just a heads up for people who own both like myself and were thinking about picking it up, I played the original on the 360 and really liked it but haven't decided if I'm gonna get this one or not.

Why would you pay $60 to play the same game again with only slightly improved graphics?

Hmm and the divide continues. Still at $60 this is a fucking complete pass. If you own a previous gen system or a PC then get the cheaper version. The fact that this was considered a "failure" because it didn't sell 6+ million copies when it sold 2.4-2.8 million still makes me laugh because its obvious they overshot their estimates dramatically.

Back to the issue though , I mean what's Microsoft's game plan now? Game after game release is going to see very similar results with "PS4 running at 1080p at 60 fps while the One runs at half that frame rate..". Other than telling publishers to force developers to limit games across the board to an "agreed upon" frame rate that doesn't favor one system over the other (which I wouldn't put it past them) then how is One going to survive 5+ years down the line? Aggressive system pricing is out of the question for the One. Its going to take years to bring down the cost of its parts and really all MS can do is produce first party exclusive titles (they will of course have to be damn good as well) to even provide a reasonable case for further ownership.

With Sony being a more open platform that better supports indie's and it also has the superior hardware , I can't see developers not favoring the PS4 in general. After this coming Holiday season the results of this console war will be decided. It doesn't seem like the PS4 has to do much between now and then to hold that crown as well , its going to be a very interesting contest between the two.

Its still so weird Microsoft choose to do EXACTLY the kind of strategy that Sony did with the PS3. Its almost as if they ignored the cautionary tale aspect of the PS3 saga and without a single rebuff went full steam a head. They had to have some clue that Sony was going all out in terms of hardware and really making it a gaming only system this time around. The performance divide between the PS4 and the One will be so huge during the next few years when developers really start to push the envelope.

Why would you pay $60 to play the same game again with only slightly improved graphics?

Because the people who bought the new consoles like myself don't have a lot to choose from atm, I'm sure that's why their releasing it because there's an opportunity right now to sell it due to lack of game selection on the new consoles.

Clearly the winner is the XB1 as it provides a Cinematic Feeling ͭ ͫ of 30fps unlike the PS4's Soap Opera'ish 60fps!

Clearly the winner is the XB1 as it provides a Cinematic Feeling ͭ ͫ of 30fps unlike the PS4's Soap Opera'ish 60fps!

Real FPS vs Motion Interpolation.. Bravo.. You are definitely.. [H]ARD..

30fps sucks and always will suck. PS4 is far superior in multiplat as we already see. I play more on ps4 than xb1.

Also, Atleast nba 2k14 is 1080p and 60fps AFAIK.

If this is true, it's a big deal IMO. I'm willing to overlook upscaling to reach 720p/1080p but settling for 30fps when your competition is pushing 60 is total BS.

From Gaf, I have more hours logged on my xb1 than ps4 but still chuckled.

iydgEEG6SzNQO.gif

Never played this on PS3/360 or PC so I will pick it up for the PS4 once it goes on sale somewhere.

I typed this message at 30 letters a minute so it feels more cinematic to everyone.

Never played this on PS3/360 or PC so I will pick it up for the PS4 once it goes on sale somewhere.

I typed this message at 30 letters a minute so it feels more cinematic to everyone.

Street date was lifted picked mine up earlier today

WIN_20140123_204440.jpg

I hope he isn't serious. Xbox camp really has a bunch of derps don't they? lol.

I don't think the post was serious tbh. No one is stupid enough to confuse the soap opera effect with real time based computer generated images.

I called mine and they said it was coming out on Tuesday. Would be nice to play it over the weekend.

I got the auto call said pickup Friday called the store the manager said that they got a email lifting the street date.

Well, sure Xbone is only 30 fps right now. But just wait until the cloud comes along and cranks the framerate up to 61 fps. All of you PS4 owners will be sorry then.:D

Just keep patting yourself on the back, I am sure you will make yourself feel better eventually. Of course, how are you going to play the game one handed then. I own an Xbox one and love it, just looking forward to the improvements. Hope Sony stays around long enough to keep supporting you guys. :D

I think I will pick up this game today seeing as I would like to have it.

I don't think the post was serious tbh. No one is stupid enough to confuse the soap opera effect with real time based computer generated images.

I wouldnt be so sure. Some people dont understand a thing about framerates. I remember one argument about framerates where the person argued that you do not see over 30fps and going over is useless and motion is buttery smooth in his console. Then he started to boast about his xhundred Hz TV... That was a sure mark that he had motion interpolation on all the time. Mass facepalming ensued.

Oh I love Tomb Raider! I'm picking this up this weekend for my PS4.

Looks like all the the xbox one people are all butthurt. Have fun playing at 30fps suckers!

Oh I love Tomb Raider! I'm picking this up this weekend for my PS4.

Looks like all the the xbox one people are all butthurt. Have fun playing at 30fps suckers!

Butthurt, really???? :confused: :rolleyes: Hey, you are more than welcome to buy me a PS4 if you are so bothered by me not playing on one. Me, I love my Xbox one and what it is capable of whether you like that or not. :)

Butthurt, really???? :confused: :rolleyes: Hey, you are more than welcome to buy me a PS4 if you are so bothered by me not playing on one. Me, I love my Xbox one and what it is capable of whether you like that or not. :)

Oh ya I forgot to tell you, I also have a brand new Samsung LED TV 1920x1080.

I feel very bad for you. So bad that I will donate a brand new PS4 for you. Send me PM with your mailing address so I can ship it to you right now.

Oh ya I forgot to tell you, I also have a brand new Samsung LED TV 1920x1080.

I feel very bad for you. So bad that I will donate a brand new PS4 for you. Send me PM with your mailing address so I can ship it to you right now.

That's cool but I have a brand new Sony 50 inch Bravia LCD LED backlit TV. (1080p without the smartapps.) :D Hey, I have what I enjoy and know works well, you have an epeen, enjoy.

You guys need to knock the bullshit off this isn't neogaf.

I look at it like this since I have every system.
I buy crossplatform games I play on console on the most powerful one then the rest is the exclusives.
If you only have one or the other awesome just enjoy the game then I honestly don't think 30 or 60fps matters in this type of game it isn't racing or a fast paced shooter.

Visually the game looks the same on both which I'm sure is why we have a frame rate difference.

Crystal dynamics said 30fps was target and above that was "gravy" their words.

I have this game on Xbox 360 as well and the game feels the same speed of course now just a lot more detailed.

Go play some games will ya!

Geez at the console drama.
"The console I chose to buy is the right one in this one particular instance - suxx0rz 2 B U!!!"

Back