Tomato Firmware, Internet

Odigo

Gawd
I recently updated my WRT54G router with the latest tomatoe firmware. It's been working awesome for the last few days and now for whatever reason I cannot access the internet. I erased the saved memory, did a hard reset of the router, still no luck.

Can you access the router over your LAN?
Have you done a reset on both your modem and your router? (press then release the "reset" button on the back of each device)

Yes, I reset both. I can access and ping the router as successfully. Still no internet

Try going into your router via http://192.168.1.1
there are a few simple network utilities that you can use to try to make sure your connection is good:
tomatotools.png

Also, have you tried any new network cables?

Yes I tried a few cables, no luck. I can ping the router successfully connected directly and via wireless.. Computer internet works connected directly to the modem, so the modems not defective and the internet IS working, just wont thru my router. looks like its stuck on "renewing"

working, just changed WAN Port mac address to "clone PC".

All you had to do was turn off your modem for a few minutes so it would "forget" the MAC address of your PC and "learn" the MAC of your router. Instead of the "bandaid" approach of MAC cloning.

I turned my modem off, like 5 times lol.. for 30sec and longer, it didnt work

When I used Smoothwall back in the day, I had the same issues..

Right now I am sporting an Asus RT-N16 with a fork of Tomato called Tomator-USB, and absolutely love it!

I turned my modem off, like 5 times lol.. for 30sec and longer, it didnt work

Turning a modem off and pressing the "reset" switch on the back of it are two very different things. If you power it off for 1-5 minutes chances are good that it may still remember what device was last plugged into it. Now if you press the "reset" button it WILL forget everything. Some modems require you to hold that reset button for 3-6 seconds before it actually resets.

Back