Tom Cruise making a movie in space with Elon Musk's SpaceX and NASA

Well is this just a single person ride? Just Tom? Costars in space? Who is he going to ride with? ;)

Interesting concept, even if just for the novelty of it. I do wonder how they film a lot of movies currently set in space. Some of them do make it look convincing that people are moving in zero G.
You think so now, cause we expect a certain look to "being in space". I really wonder just how much that will change with a movie actually filmed in space. Will we look at it and wonder why it looks so fake cause the movement is different than expected?

Reactions: noko
like this
Like the other person before, I've read the Battle Field Earth book and it's not bad nor is it the greatest I've ever read. But it at least explains things the movie doesn't even begin to touch. (As in how thousand year old equipment is practically good as new, how people turn into Rambo with just a little bit of knowledge, etc)
But to be fair, i did like Edge of Tomorrow. (Especially Emily Blunt)
1588963432962.png

Hope the Sequel will be good. (Heard there was one) But for every good sequel, there are a dozen+ bad ones it seems.

You think so now, cause we expect a certain look to "being in space". I really wonder just how much that will change with a movie actually filmed in space. Will we look at it and wonder why it looks so fake cause the movement is different than expected?

Does watching the astronauts in ISS on the NASA channel look fake to you now? Not being snarky here thats effectively a "TV show" set in real life space.

Like the other person before, I've read the Battle Field Earth book and it's not bad nor is it the greatest I've ever read. But it at least explains things the movie doesn't even begin to touch. (As in how thousand year old equipment is practically good as new, how people turn into Rambo with just a little bit of knowledge, etc)
But to be fair, i did like Edge of Tomorrow. (Especially Emily Blunt)
View attachment 243970
Hope the Sequel will be good. (Heard there was one) But for every good sequel, there are a dozen+ bad ones it seems.

Ive read the books both movies you mentioned were based on they were infinitely better. But almost always the book is better than the movie. I thought both were shit and the only reason I considered Edge of Tomorrow worth watching was Emily ;). Most movies are shit these days. No real plot or very thin one. They rely on hot chicks or good special effects to wow people.

I think TC does alrright as an actor. . Oblivion, Edge of Tomorrow, Mission Impossible and Jack Reacher come to mind as watchable flicks.

Lately where I am, the SciFi channel is going to town with Edge of Tomorrow. FX was doing it a few weeks ago with Jack Reacher.

I got ahold of the mission impossible series on the cheap so I'm watching through the whole thing now. So far, they are just ok. I think Tom Cruise is making movies just to make movies at this point. Most of these movies are not going to be remembered like Top Gun, a Few Good Men, etc.
For me, the first 2 were not that good, but from MI3 on I've enjoyed them all.

A director once said about Tom Cruz he couldn't see the character he was portraying in the movies. All he saw was Tom Cruz =>
I think that's often true. The main exception is Born on the 4th of July. It might be the only Cruise movie where I didn't see Tom Cruise.

For me, the first 2 were not that good, but from MI3 on I've enjoyed them all.
All the Cruise MI movies have been good, in my opinion, though I think Ghost Protocol was the weakest. I think they made the mistake in Ghost Protocol of designing the set pieces and stunts first and then crafted a story around those things they wanted to show off on the screen. It's mostly forgettable. First one is still the best. 3 was decent, but I feel Abrams and and Kurtzman wanted to be shockingly dramatic first and then managed to craft a working story around that.

All the Cruise MI movies have been good, in my opinion, though I think Ghost Protocol was the weakest. I think they made the mistake in Ghost Protocol of designing the set pieces and stunts first and then crafted a story around those things they wanted to show off on the screen. It's mostly forgettable. First one is still the best. 3 was decent, but I feel Abrams and and Kurtzman wanted to be shockingly dramatic first and then managed to craft a working story around that.
I can't remember what I thought of the 4th movie, but I know I was very disappointed in the first 2. 3 was the first one that felt like mission impossible was more than branding, which IMO. But maybe I'd feel differently if i saw it again...if it's on Prime or Netflix, i'll give them a look, but def wouldn't pay to rent them at this point.

But to each his own.

Back