Tom Cruise making a movie in space with Elon Musk's SpaceX and NASA

erek

[H]F Junkie
Lame. tom cruise and scientology?

"Tom Cruise is no stranger to dangerous stunts, so venturing into space makes sense for the veteran actor. Cruise recently broke his ankle filming Mission: Impossible Fallout -- where in the same movie he is hanging from a helicopter. Speaking of hanging, Cruise clung to the side of a plane in Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation... and he's not scared of heights considering he climbed the Burj Khalifa (in Dubai) in Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol.

But to space? Tom Cruise... make it happen, please."

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7226...ce-with-elon-musks-spacex-and-nasa/index.html

Cool. Like him or not, he does make great movies and pushes the limits of acting, Top Gun 2. Last movie I saw of his was Oblivion. Best Sci Fi movie to come out in a long time.
Edge of Tomorrow was also pretty fun. He has not aged in 25 years. There is suspicion he has babies shipped in like those rotisserie chickens at Costco - he feeds at dusk.

Last edited:
Interesting concept, even if just for the novelty of it. I do wonder how they film a lot of movies currently set in space. Some of them do make it look convincing that people are moving in zero G.

The last movie I saw with him was "The Mummy" and the only good thing about the movie was Sofia Boutella. :wideyed:
1588770056855.png

Are you maintaining that it's not currently in a heliocentric orbit? That Falcon Heavy never actually launched? That the Earth is flat? We never went to the moon? Please clarify for the audience. kthx
The word gas he just projectiled from his arse just dissipated, so I think clarification is no longer possible.

Are you maintaining that it's not currently in a heliocentric orbit? That Falcon Heavy never actually launched? That the Earth is flat? We never went to the moon? Please clarify for the audience. kthx

Vaccines aren't real

The cake is a lie.

Lame. tom cruise and scientology?

"Tom Cruise is no stranger to dangerous stunts, so venturing into space makes sense for the veteran actor. Cruise recently broke his ankle filming Mission: Impossible Fallout -- where in the same movie he is hanging from a helicopter. Speaking of hanging, Cruise clung to the side of a plane in Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation... and he's not scared of heights considering he climbed the Burj Khalifa (in Dubai) in Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol.

But to space? Tom Cruise... make it happen, please."

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7226...ce-with-elon-musks-spacex-and-nasa/index.html
Lame? Cruise may be a complete whacko in real life, but he is an excellent actor who is still pushing the limits and doing a lot of his own stunts at age 57. I think The Mummy is the only movie of his I've seen that I did not like, but he is still one of the actors along with Denzel Washington for who I will watch any movie they appear in.

Lame? Cruise may be a complete whacko in real life, but he is an excellent actor who is still pushing the limits and doing a lot of his own stunts at age 57. I think The Mummy is the only movie of his I've seen that I did not like, but he is still one of the actors along with Denzel Washington for who I will watch any movie they appear in.

He is also one of the best (if not the best) stuntmen in Hollywood. Tom Cruise never brings down the movies he is in, he is never the problem.

Cruise may be a complete whacko in real life, but he is an excellent actor who is still pushing the limits and doing a lot of his own stunts at age 57.
Tom Cruise is like that mean THOT from highschool. You don't have to like her personality or life choices to be entertained watching her jump on a trampoline. Get up on that trampoline and bounce Tom, bounce!

That movie was a result of terrible directing and script. You can make anyone look like a dumb ass with terrible directing. It’s like they were trying to make him act like Brendan Fraser. And only Brendan Fraser can act like Brendan Fraser.

Hollywood is about to find out how inconvenient it is to film in space, hahaha.

Maybe. But then again things like this can help to make space traveling cheaper as we keep pushing the limits and normalize it. Either that or shit hits the fan when accidents happen and nobody wants to go to space anymore, especially if insurance companies wash their hands away from anything space related.

I got ahold of the mission impossible series on the cheap so I'm watching through the whole thing now. So far, they are just ok. I think Tom Cruise is making movies just to make movies at this point. Most of these movies are not going to be remembered like Top Gun, a Few Good Men, etc.

Edge of Tomorrow, it was alright. I think it was based on a book called "All you need is Kill"
Yea, that's the one. Eh, it was fine. Neat concept I suppose. Something different.

Iunno. Tom Cruise. Just looking at him I want to punch him square in the nose, but he's an ok actor I guess.

Yea, that's the one. Eh, it was fine. Neat concept I suppose. Something different.

Iunno. Tom Cruise. Just looking at him I want to punch him square in the nose, but he's an ok actor I guess.
I appreciate the man's work; I'll let God judge the man himself.

[applies to workplaces too...]

One of the very few actors who's movies I'll happily watch just because they are in it. The man brings a certain passion to everything he does that I just haven't seen with anyone else.

I still enjoy Tom's movies and I'm willing to contribute for him to reach the next level in the hierarchy of alien elite humans.

A director once said about Tom Cruz he couldn't see the character he was portraying in the movies. All he saw was Tom Cruz =>

One of the very few actors who's movies I'll happily watch just because they are in it. The man brings a certain passion to everything he does that I just haven't seen with anyone else.

I would say its intensity, Tom has an intensity that would just turn into comedy if another actor tried it.

Personally, a movie shot in space? I'll be all over that like a fat kid on a box of Crispy Creams.

A director once said about Tom Cruz he couldn't see the character he was portraying in the movies. All he saw was Tom Cruz =>
Really no different than any other actor considered a "leading" or "headlining" role. The idea being you're selling the movie based on the actors in it, not necessarily the characters they're portraying. "Character" actors are a lot more robust, in general.

What are they trying to do, make a Battlefield Earth prequel?

Could a prequel be all THAT bad than the disaster the movie was? :rolleyes:
1588802116491.png

I wonder how long until the astronauts kick him out the airlock without a space suit

The book was pretty good. The movie was a stain on the earth.

If you got the DVD you can read the comments on the back of the package. It was so bad they tried to pan it off as a comedy on the DVD package. One of those movies that is bad enough to be good.

Not really a Cruise fan per sey but Minority Report and Vanilla Sky both excellent.

Last edited:
Tom Cruise is just using SpaceX for a free ride back to his alien masters.

Back