Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

I'm shocked. Shocked enough to actually consider $40 at GMG very lightly and casually.

You can buy an Nvidia code for $30....$30 for this multiplayer only game? I'd say worth it. If you're just a casual gamer like myself now it's very easy to jump in and out of a multiplayer terrorist hunt for a few games whenever you have an hour or 2. It even has some of the old Rogue Spear maps like Chalet and Killhouse and 747 from the original Rainbow Six :p

You can buy an Nvidia code for $30....$30 for this multiplayer only game? I'd say worth it. If you're just a casual gamer like myself now it's very easy to jump in and out of a multiplayer terrorist hunt for a few games whenever you have an hour or 2. It even has some of the old Rogue Spear maps like Chalet and Killhouse and 747 from the original Rainbow Six :p

where for $30 ? the cheapest ive seen is $39

I might pick this up down the line at $20 or less for T-Hunt...not enough content to justify otherwise and the microtransactions piss me off.

I might pick this up down the line at $20 or less for T-Hunt...not enough content to justify otherwise and the microtransactions piss me off.

I would say if you are interested in this to pick it up relatively soon. I am not sure how long the community for this game will last on PC.

I would say if you are interested in this to pick it up relatively soon. I am not sure how long the community for this game will last on PC.

Mainly was looking at getting it for co-op with friends, but in that case it'll probably be a $10 or less purchase if at all.

this game runs pretty jerky under 45 fps. also discovered that alt tabbing to desktop then back into game boosts the fps by around 20. gta v did the same thing.

what settings do you guys think I should be able to play at with the specs in my sig at 1680x1050? would overclocking the cpu and/or card help?

this game runs pretty jerky under 45 fps. also discovered that alt tabbing to desktop then back into game boosts the fps by around 20. gta v did the same thing.

what settings do you guys think I should be able to play at with the specs in my sig at 1680x1050? would overclocking the cpu and/or card help?

OC the gpu

Mainly was looking at getting it for co-op with friends, but in that case it'll probably be a $10 or less purchase if at all.

They have a terrorist hunt mode and situation mode you can play without going into the "competative" side.

3 different levels with the hardest being called realistic, which is actually hard.

Most excited about the change from 30 to 60 tic rate....and the texture packs is cool for my R9 390 8gb!

Still got some major stoke on this game 25 hours in...which hasn't been happening often with the garbage games released lately.

my uplay name is the same as this name...friend me! (note: that is a ZERO in the y0bailey...a ZERO)

UbiSoft has released an Ultra-HD Texture Pack which is available for free through Steam or UPlay...this free DLC pack is designed for 4K players, but can be used at 1080p or 1440p by those with at least 4GB in their GPU

Wow, that's... surprisingly cool of Ubisoft.

Not sure what 4K has to do with it, though. HD textures would look better regardless.

Not sure what 4K has to do with it, though. HD textures would look better regardless.

according to Ubisoft...

"This higher level of detail can be best appreciated while playing the game in 4K resolution, but it’s not limited to that

The Rainbow Six Siege team put a lot of effort to try to deliver a solid and scalable experience to the PC community, so those of you running a 4 GB GPU will still be able to enjoy this texture pack from 1080p to 1440p resolutions.

Those of you with the high-end 6+ GB GPUs, you will be able to play the game in sharp 4K resolution, along with these Ultra-HD textures under standard lighting and shading options

Last but not least, for those of you with the MEGA PCs with dual GPUs and with more than 6 GB of video ram, you will be able to run 4K, with the Ultra-HD textures, and with the highest settings of lighting, and shading which take advantage of tech like displacement mapping"

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1355300-Patch-Notes-Update-1-1

Hmm...based on screenshots the new textures look good but not really "uber"...certainly not 6+ GB VRAM good.

JD7M-JJ48-WGUN-Q9ME
GQHQ-CNEJ-JVEW-VCC3
DR96-CW6G-HCJB-JM9Y

1— Open the Uplay PC client and log in
2— Click Activate Product on the icon
3— Enter your activation code above, exactly as it is displayed
4— Click OK

All those taken as well...I wish people would fucking say when they take a key. :mad:

That said, if a kind soul would like to PM me a key I'd love to try out the game with the HD textures.

All those taken as well...I wish people would fucking say when they take a key. :mad:

That said, if a kind soul would like to PM me a key I'd love to try out the game with the HD textures.

you can get the game for about $30 if you dont end up getting a key. either a cd key site, ebay, or in the for sale forum. look for people selling the nvidia bullets or blades bundle.

I am liking the game so far. Bought it and we played at our monthly LAN yesterday....got our shit WRECKED but still had fun lol!

Got one of the codes last night late so I may be part of this... sorry! ... right now I'm in the training parts and I have to say I like what I see and I can see where the potential for a nice single player component could have been.

I like the way the game looks, plays, and feels.

5-6 more hours. Here are some more keys:

• Key 1 - J9WV-7E6P-6EV8-9CC4
  • Key 2 - C7DA-7CP4-UGMR-U6CC
  • Key 3 - E8A7-LD6V-APNT-HCJP
  • Key 4 - 4Q89-TGLM-CWAG-W63M

If you grab one, let people know.

So my time expired as I expected. If I decide to buy this game at some point will my progress from what I had been doing still be there?

Gameplay and feel wise this is closer to a RB6 game than the Vegas games were. That's why it really kills me. A robust single player component added to this same game and I'd pay/would have paid full price without hesitation.

Last edited:
One thing I find it lacking is NVG's and dark/night and the ability to kill building power. This one thing alone has always been SWAT/Spec Ops edges - the ability to go full dark and kill them all before they can respond.

One thing I find it lacking is NVG's and dark/night and the ability to kill building power. This one thing alone has always been SWAT/Spec Ops edges - the ability to go full dark and kill them all before they can respond.

Killing the building power would probably be too easy every round. Maybe be able to plant an EMP device on the breaker that knocks out power for 20-30 seconds. Thatcher already does this with his EMP grenades but the room doesn't get very dark.

Thatcher can kill power to a room? I didn't realize that, I'll have to check it out tonight.

Anyway, I had so much fun with the free code I went ahead and bought the game. I got lucky, though, I found someone on craigslist selling a key for $30 and he took $20!

I bet night ops will come with the expansion and their next 8 operators. My only regret was sleeping Saturday night and losing about 10 hours of my boost :O

I am shocked at how little performance hit happens with the ultra HD textures.

I bit the bullet on this game...$30 out of pocket legit thanks to some credit I had stashed on Amazon for a PC download... I feel good about it.

I'm still learning the ropes so I'm trying to bone up in Terrorist Hunt as a Lone Wolf. I'm a little bummed I can't choose the maps I want to play in that but it isn't the end of the world.

I'll say it again: This game looks and feels more like an RB6 than the Vegas games did. I desperately wish it had a robust single player component. That would put this over the top for me.

Back