Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

After the first few days, being able to pay for unlocks doesnt mean shit. You'll be playing against plenty of people who earned them normally in short order. Who really cares if your also playing against people who paid to unlock them? The only "advantage" is that this lets new players with money to waste level the playing field.

In BF3 people that had unlocked the IR scope had a huge advantage over others. It seems like it's really hard for these companies to balance well enough to make it so that if you don't have the higher-end unlocks, you don't just get facerolled by those that do.

Not sure if that will be the case for Siege yet, but IMO they should just stop this BS with unlock grinding and being able to pay for unlocks. If unlocks were quick and easy there would be no need to pay for unlocks, but apparently enough people still do, otherwise paying for unlocks wouldn't even be a thing.

In BF3 people that had unlocked the IR scope had a huge advantage over others. It seems like it's really hard for these companies to balance well enough to make it so that if you don't have the higher-end unlocks, you don't just get facerolled by those that do.

Not sure if that will be the case for Siege yet, but IMO they should just stop this BS with unlock grinding and being able to pay for unlocks. If unlocks were quick and easy there would be no need to pay for unlocks, but apparently enough people still do, otherwise paying for unlocks wouldn't even be a thing.

You know the pay unlocks are skins right? No added benefits?...

You know the pay unlocks are skins right? No added benefits?...

Are you talking about Siege? Because:

Operators and weapons, however, will be unlocked through earned currency called Renown or R6 Credits, a type of currency that can be purchased with real world money

So you are only partially right...items that can ONLY be unlocked with Rainbow Credits are cosmetic, but you can also use them to pay for unlocks as well. Same deal with Battlefield...of course you CAN unlock weapons and attachments over time with XP / whatever, but it's grindy and you can also pay to unlock everything.

Are you talking about Siege? Because:

So you are only partially right...items that can ONLY be unlocked with Rainbow Credits are cosmetic, but you can also use them to pay for unlocks as well. Same deal with Battlefield...of course you CAN unlock weapons and attachments over time with XP / whatever, but it's grindy and you can also pay to unlock everything.

Heheh, i looked more into it....

found this, " Alternately, new operators can be unlocked for 600 R6 Credits ($4.99 USD)."

and

"Tiers 4 and 5 (which represent about a third of the available skins) can only be unlocked with R6 Credits."

I really hope someone blows $4.99 per operator so I can own them with my free recruit. ;)

Essentially, they are paying for select skills. The recruit, im guessing after unlocks, is pretty beefy in basic gear required to breach. They were normally equipped w/ barbwire/explosives and grenades. Defense though, they are not as defined for the job. Well, at least in the beta. Hopefully they provide something more useful for a recruit on D.

http://blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

Ubisoft has released the following PC system requirements for Rainbow Six Siege, due December 1st:

Minimum:

Supported OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions required).
◾Processor: Intel Core i3 560 @ 3.3 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.0 GHz.
◾RAM: 6GB.
◾Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5870 (DirectX-11 compliant with 1GB of VRAM) [See list of supported video cards down below].
◾DVD ROM Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.
◾Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers.
◾Hard Drive: 30GB.
◾Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 256kbps upstream or faster.

Recommended:

◾Supported OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions required).
◾Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or better or AMD FX-8120 @ 3.1 Ghz or better.
◾RAM: 8GB.
◾Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (or GTX760 / GTX960) or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (or R9 280x [2GB VRAM] / R9 380 / Fury X) [See list of supported video cards down below].
◾DVD ROM Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.
◾Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card 5.1 with latest drivers.
◾Hard Drive: 47GB.
◾Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 512kbps upstream or faster.

Supported video cards at time of release:
◾NVIDIA: GeForce GTX460 or better, GTX560 or better, GTX650 or better, GTX750 or better, or any card from the GT900 and Titan Series

◾AMD: Radeon HD5870 or better, HD6870 or better, HD7770 or better, R7 260X or better, or any card from the R-300 series and Fury X

◾ Note: Laptop models of these cards may work but are not supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. Additional chipsets may be supported after release. For an up-to-date list of supported chipsets, please visit the FAQ for this game on our support website: http://support.ubi.com

I really hope this game can get my out of my gaming funk. Was hoping Battlefront would be the answer...it wasn't.

Very excited for this one and will be putting a lot of hours in on the beta.

I really hope this game can get my out of my gaming funk. Was hoping Battlefront would be the answer...it wasn't.

Very excited for this one and will be putting a lot of hours in on the beta.

I've got AC, JC3 to play still, I'm just hoping this puts the nail in B03's coffin, I'm tired of it already.

This game seems to have dedicated server to P2P matchmaking hand off on pc, kinda like what GTAV online uses.. big nope.

Last edited:
I hate to ask this stupid question but here goes: How do I get an activation code for an open beta like this thing wants?

I hate to ask this stupid question but here goes: How do I get an activation code for an open beta like this thing wants?

You don't need one, the beta should pop up in your uplay games list.. But they took it away from everyone for the time being until they fix their broken servers.

Servers down till 6 EST. They are trying to fix many many issues. Patient people are wanted. :D

Uh, this is seriously not going to kill BO3 lol.....

Pfft, BO3 is pathetic enough to begin with...peak concurrent player base of 34,000. You do know that BF4 at release had 105,000 concurrent players right? Like every other CoD these days, BO3 will rapidly decline in the next couple of months with virtually no one playing it online.

Pfft, BO3 is pathetic enough to begin with...peak concurrent player base of 34,000. You do know that BF4 at release had 105,000 concurrent players right? Like every other CoD these days, BO3 will rapidly decline in the next couple of months with virtually no one playing it online.

Indeed I was there. B03 had over 45K players this weekend. Everyone has been making the point R6 was going to be the end of CoD, its not. R6 is a camping simulator.

Man I know this is a Beta but this game is optimized like complete shit....I can't even play the game at 50 FPS and that is choosing the default settings. Game feels laggy as fuk and doesn't even look polished for a game that comes out next month....I even used Nvidia inspector to point to the current beta EXe. and my cards are showing sli usage pegged at 95-98% and I can't hit 50 fps? I'm at 4k but seriously this is lame.....

Man I know this is a Beta but this game is optimized like complete shit....I can't even play the game at 50 FPS and that is choosing the default settings. Game feels laggy as fuk and doesn't even look polished for a game that comes out next month....I even used Nvidia inspector to point to the current beta EXe. and my cards are showing sli usage pegged at 95-98% and I can't hit 50 fps? I'm at 4k but seriously this is lame.....

It's a "beta" for a game that comes out in four days. I would be shocked if there is a single thing different between this and the release copy.

Played a good solid hour yesterday.

All I can say is I made the right choice in my decision to take AC: Syndicate as my free nVidia pack in game. This game is about as much Rainbow 6 as Hello Kitty Island Adventure is World of Warcraft.

Don't feel bad, it ran like ass for me @1200p. Lots of tearing and stuttering that they hide with over the top effects.

Weird. For me at 1440p everything on high with my 390x, it is smooth as silk and im anywhere from 80-100fps. The game is alright I may get it.

R6 is a camping simulator.

Great comment. I guess BO3 is run and gun...how its always been.

R6 is team tactics. If you see people guarding the objective/bomb...thats camping? Stick w/ CoD to get your fast paced FPS.

Anyway, preloaded and ready for release! Boomdya!

Picking this up tonight, had a blast playing beta with a buddy yesterday. Drone recon'ed, through wall kills, are the best.

Great comment. I guess BO3 is run and gun...how its always been.

R6 is team tactics. If you see people guarding the objective/bomb...thats camping? Stick w/ CoD to get your fast paced FPS.

Anyway, preloaded and ready for release! Boomdya!

They don't even guard the objective, they sit and camp so they don't die and have to twittle their thumbs waiting for the round to end.

They don't even guard the objective, they sit and camp so they don't die and have to twittle their thumbs waiting for the round to end.

Maybe you just don't know how to play the game? Because I wasn't just "sitting there," I was re-enforcing walls, using camera's to see their approach, setting traps, and talking to my team. Wasn't just twiddling my thumbs. You also end up needing to rotate to help others out. You can play it by laying a corner the whole time, but you won't be very effective.

My only gripe is lack of a mini map. I only got 3-4 hours in the beta, but there were a few times that we were in the wrong freaking building for 1-2 minutes before figuring it out. It's amazing how important proper drone scouting is.

I posted in fs forums, but anyone in steam who didn't get season pass and is thinking about it.....buy me one on uplay and ill get you one on steam. :D

Maybe you just don't know how to play the game? Because I wasn't just "sitting there," I was re-enforcing walls, using camera's to see their approach, setting traps, and talking to my team. Wasn't just twiddling my thumbs. You also end up needing to rotate to help others out. You can play it by laying a corner the whole time, but you won't be very effective.

My only gripe is lack of a mini map. I only got 3-4 hours in the beta, but there were a few times that we were in the wrong freaking building for 1-2 minutes before figuring it out. It's amazing how important proper drone scouting is.

No need to defend the horrible player base, you might be awesome, but everyone I was in a match with not so much. Truth be told I would rather play BF.

No need to defend the horrible player base, you might be awesome, but everyone I was in a match with not so much. Truth be told I would rather play BF.

Lol, I just had my run of team baddies tonight. Once I got grouped w/ a couple buddies, we started winning.

Was watching a few streamers play this. Multiple occurrences where trolls would just team kill. People ruin everything

One good, immersive round, outweighs a few bad ones. At least, for me it does. Last night I played north of 20 matches and only 3 had trolls. A good majority had new players but where some people see a loss, I see a teach opportunity and that in and of itself is a rewarding experience.

Yes, some people have attitudes but how approach a situation can greatly affect the outcome. I had a very good win streak last night and I do feel it was due to good communication and ample patience.

Everyone should try it sometime, we're all just human beings, after all.

How do I disable the timer for terrorist hunt in the menu and in the game???????????? I never get time to pick my loadout and 12 minutes isnt enough in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 troll for me in 30ish matches. Overall 60% of the people are great and have mics, 30% contribute despite mics, and 10% are full blown idiots.

Slowing making a uplay friend list to avoid the baddies. A good 5 man with mics and communication is damn near unstoppable. Having a blast still. Only have 8 operators unlocked and need to mess with customization of guns/etc a bit more.

Still loving it. Haven't had this much fun in awhile. The scenes after you unlock an operator are FREAKING AWESOME.

I've been playing multiplayer terrorist hunt all day. o_O It's quite a challenge on realistic difficulty. This game is addicting for some reason.

hmm, to buy this or not. I didn't get to play the beta. its stupid games don't have demos anymore.

Back