Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

but for the most part going into casual you are going to deal with assholes, hackers, or teamkillers.

I rarely run into hackers in casual (common in ranked). Casual is usually enjoyable for me since I don't take it seriously.

Feel free to add me on Uplay.

I'm not sure if you got my messages on uplay earlier, when you sent me an inv. I was playing ranked with friends, so I wasn't sure if you wanted to join.

RAINBOW SIX SIEGE PC STARTER EDITION LOWERS BARRIER TO ENTRY THROUGH JUNE 16
Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition On PC | Rainbow Six® Siege Game News & Updates | Ubisoft® (US)

Short version:
Game is $15 for the next 2 weeks, but unlocking operators will be significantly more expensive in terms of in game currency. After the 2 week sale you get to keep the game and continue on your Rainbow Six journey. Everything else costs the same as a regular purchaser of the game.

Announcement:

From June 2nd to June 19th, discover a new way to join the Rainbow Six Siege experience with the Starter Edition on PC.

PC players looking for an inexpensive way to jump into Rainbow Six Siege no longer have to wait until the next free weekend to get their fix. Starting June 2, a special Starter Edition of the game will be available for $15/€15 on PC for a period of two weeks. The Starter Edition offers the full Rainbow Six Siege experience, with all maps and Operators available, but unlocking new Operators works a little differently.

news_starter_edition_pc_1_253084.jpg

Those who buy the Starter Edition will immediately get access to two Operators, along with 600 R6 Credits to spend on two more Operators (or other unlocks) of their choice. The two initially available Operators are randomly chosen from a pool of six – Rook, Sledge, Ash, Fuze, Mute, and Smoke –determined to be the most intuitive for entry-level players. Additional operators can be unlocked in the Starter Edition by earning 12,500 renown (compared to 500-2,000 renown in the Standard Edition).

news_starter_edition_pc_2_253085.jpg

Aside from that difference, however, the Starter Edition includes access to the same maps, modes, level progression, weapon options, post-launch content, servers, and matchmaking options as the standard version, with zero restrictions and no level cap. The Starter Edition also works with the Season Pass, which grants immediate access to the eight post-launch Operators being added throughout 2016 (who are also available for 25,000 Renown or 600 R6 Credits each, which applies to both editions). Additionally, those who want to earn Operators a little more quickly can take advantage of the same Renown-boosting Daily and Weekly Challenges and weekly Operators discounts available to other players, and can purchase instant access to all 16 remaining Operators with a $35/€35 R6 Credits Bundle.

The Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition will be available on PC through Steam and Uplay beginning June 2. Those who buy it will retain full access to the Starter Edition and all its content after the two-week sale period is over, letting you stay in the game as long as you want.

For more information visit our FAQ page here.

While this is an alright idea, I would HIGHLY recommend just buying the full game if you are interested at all. You can get it for $28 currently on cdkeys.com

Thing is, you are really going to want those extra operators if you hope to be competitive. Since you can only have one of each operator per team, if someone picks the two operators you unlock, you are forced to be a Recruit, which is alright but still far less helpful in terms of gadgets for the team, especially on defense.

Grinding 12k Renown per operator is going to get old, quick. It took me until about level 25 or so to even unlock all of the operators at 500-2k a pop. 12k means you are going to be grinding essentially your entire playtime.

Just food for thought if anyone is considering this.

Could be influx of hackers with that price tag. Ranked is full of them, and ubi bans them at a tortoise's pace.

As a past player of - CS 1.6 > CS: Source > CS: GO - is this the new FPS crack?

I moved to racing games in the last few years but also used to play RB6 Vegas 2 if it's more like that...

Last edited:
As a past player of - CS 1.6 > CS: Source > CS: GO - is this the new FPS crack?

I moved to racing games in the last few years but also used to play RB6 Vegas 2 if it's more like that...
Despite the problems this game has, me and my friends can't stop playing it. It's very tactical and fun, though there is a learning curve for new players.

oh my fucking god. I bought this starter edition.... I need this game in my life daily. I havent had this much fun in a shooter since quake 3 I feel. Been playing it here and there with my brother but its so much fun. Nothing beats being on D and hearing people rappel and you run outside and take them out on the wall. Or dropping c4 and blowing 3+ people up. I got hit last night and already hit lvl 10. Ash + Mute all day every day.

Yeah it is pretty unique and can be very tactical.

It makes me wonder if someone other than Ubisoft had made it, if it could have reached its full potential.

This game just really gets to me #1 being how popular it is #2 how serious like the guy in the video takes it =)
I think I played it once on a free weekend and never went back and bought it but would like to try it again.

Guy comes off as a bit elitist, but does make some good points. If you are in Casual you can expect this behavior but in Ranked you probably should put in a little effort.

Been awhile since I played this, I haven't been keeping up on the Seasons or anything. Definitely was a fun game while I played it, though. Lot of hackers back then, hopefully that has gotten better.

I have it and damn it I really wanted to get into it ...I respect what they've done and it's a hell of a high quality product... but it just hasn't happened for me. I desperately wish this had a quality single player component to go with it. I'd pay for it right now. That's what this series was about. They could have had their cake and eat it, too, easily.

I've read that many games include uncompressed / unoptimized SOUND files because lame consoles - I mean game consoles - can't unpack sound files, so PC versions get the same sound files because game devs / divas don't care about PC gamers and our Comcast quotas.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Only played a few rounds of this game but I really like it despite not being very good at it. The grind to unlock the DLC operators seems pretty daunting though.

Only played a few rounds of this game but I really like it despite not being very good at it. The grind to unlock the DLC operators seems pretty daunting though.
Yeah unlocking the DLC operators can be a real grind. It would be nice if they discounted the year one DLC operators since they in year 3 now. For some one that just got the game it takes quite a bit to unlock all the base operators let alone all the DLC's ones now too.

Honestly the game is good enough, I highly recommend picking up the operators with money or buying a bigger package(giggity). The Grind to unlock it for free is silly, and unless you are some young kid with a shitton of time, do not recommend.

I just get the season pass now. I'm around 900 hours into Siege, even with all the silly random toxic people its still awesome.

If anyone wants tips from a [H]ard operator (plat-diamond level), I stream rb6 on twitch normally after 5pm pst

In hindsight I probably should have gotten the complete edition. I only researched the difference between starter and standard and didn't really think about anything else.

If I put in some hours over the next few weeks and continue to like the game I will probably get the season 3 pass. Then I can pick and choose a few operators from year 1 and 2 and grind them out.

Which yearly bundle has the most 'Must Buy' operators?

At a quick glance year 2 seems to have more that I want to play - Jackal, Ela, Mira and Zofia. I bought the year 3 pass and have 600 credits to burn so my plan is to unlock Hibana from year 1 and then purchase the year 2 bundle. Then I can use the renown boost from VIP to slowly unlock the rest of legacy and year 1. Does that sound like a solid plan?

People used to really be into Frost but I'm not sure if that is still true. I haven't played in awhile.

People used to really be into Frost but I'm not sure if that is still true. I haven't played in awhile.

I have seen frost played more then not lately. she is decent even at high ranked games if thrown in ever few rounds to keep the attackers on their toes. She also pairs well with ela as it makes it very hard to push a window with both a frost and an ela trap on it as you can't look down.

I'm finally over the initial learning curve and I think I have reached a point where I'm not a detriment to my team. I still have a lot of map knowledge to learn though and ranked mode sounds intimidating but I plan to give it a shot next season.

Biting the bullet and buying a character bundle and the year 3 pass really helped get rid of some of the grind, so anyone buying the game at this point should tack on at least $25 to the initial price unless you get the complete or gold edition.

I'm finally over the initial learning curve and I think I have reached a point where I'm not a detriment to my team. I still have a lot of map knowledge to learn though and ranked mode sounds intimidating but I plan to give it a shot next season.

Biting the bullet and buying a character bundle and the year 3 pass really helped get rid of some of the grind, so anyone buying the game at this point should tack on at least $25 to the initial price unless you get the complete or gold edition.

Yeah that is my biggest fear of this game that I wouldn't be good enough.

Defending isn't too bad, there are a few characters where you can drop a few traps or armor and sit in the objective room for the rest of the round. Nobody will complain if you die defending the objective. Then when you get a feel for things you can venture out a bit.

Where I see rage is on attacking since there is so much to account for. Lots of times a new person will let the clock tick down and find themselves on the wrong floor nowhere near the objective with 30 seconds left in the round. That's the type of stuff that gets veteran players angry and leads to vote kicks.

If you play the objective and stick to other players chances are you will do fine in casual. I can't speak for ranked yet but I know it that requires more awareness.

The objectives are not hard to figure out, either. You get that little time period at the beginning to drive your drone around and try to find the hostage/bomb/whatever, and then it shows up on the HUD.

Defending isn't too bad, there are a few characters where you can drop a few traps or armor and sit in the objective room for the rest of the round. Nobody will complain if you die defending the objective. Then when you get a feel for things you can venture out a bit.

Where I see rage is on attacking since there is so much to account for. Lots of times a new person will let the clock tick down and find themselves on the wrong floor nowhere near the objective with 30 seconds left in the round. That's the type of stuff that gets veteran players angry and leads to vote kicks.

If you play the objective and stick to other players chances are you will do fine in casual. I can't speak for ranked yet but I know it that requires more awareness.

this is why I don't play casual. To be fair this shit happens randomly even at gold/platinum ranks and even the carried diamond level. just the dumbest plays you can imagine, people having no idea how to set up sites or armor bad walls.

Also some basement sites require ZERO roaming.

I haven't really followed the game long enough to see why these loot boxes are so different from the rest of the cosmetic unlocks in the game, so it doesn't really bother me. I'll take the 4 packs I get for free and move on.

Anyone know what would cause this game to need an "open (Type 1) NAT configuration" and not on my main desktop? Plays fine on the desktop in my sig. I've searched YouTube and Ubisoft's main site for help. Scanned this thread and didn't see anything.

His computer is an HP Omen laptop - forget the exact model but it's more than capable.

Attachments

• PART_1517019954140.jpeg
    PART_1517019954140.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 10
so after all the backlash Ubisoft backed off and will not be raising the price of the Standard Edition of the game by $20...

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Since buying this game 3 weeks ago I have been unable to finish the last situation, or queue into matchmaking Terrorist Hunt which is essentially the same. Normal casual PVP was mostly fine queuing at around 1 minute. I assumed this was just because nobody was playing the terrorist hunt modes until my friend was able to queue up the situation in 30 seconds. We were both on the same datacenter so I found that a little odd. My default datacenter is cus and it pings high at 75ms but at that time I was on wus. Messing around with ports didn't fix anything.

Anyway, I decided to test gaming through a VPN service that I have and terminated it in Chicago (I'm located in Canada). It switched my default datacenter to eus and now my pings are 55-60ms and I was able to queue into Terrorist Hunt twice in 30 seconds. Normal pings to eus are 90ms without the VPN. Can't really explain what is happening unless the routes my ISP uses are really messed up.

Also free play weekend is happening right now if anyone wants to try it.

*bumping this for the free weekend*

If it proves to be enjoyable, the Standard Edition for $14 seems more than fair.

Back