Tom Clancy's HAWX

merlin704

The Great Procrastinator
Anyone play the demo yet? I played it yesterday and I had a blast..even did some co-op with my brother. So today, I pre-ordered it at amazon.com.:D

Your thoughts?

i played it, it looked great. But i couldnt get into it due to fear 2 itch's

Last flight sim i played though was f-22 raptor back in 98 lol

I played it...not bad but I have a feeling I will be playing in 'Assistance On' mode most of the time...I prefer a cockpit view and even with 'normal' controls the Assistance Off mode was difficult to control. The AO view just did not lend itself to accurate maneuvering, unfortunately.

This one will definitely be a rental, buy when the price comes down. I prefer the handling of Ace Combat 6, at this point.

I played it...not bad but I have a feeling I will be playing in 'Assistance On' mode most of the time...I prefer a cockpit view and even with 'normal' controls the Assistance Off mode was difficult to control. The AO view just did not lend itself to accurate maneuvering, unfortunately.

This one will definitely be a rental, buy when the price comes down. I prefer the handling of Ace Combat 6, at this point.

The Assistance Off mode does take some getting used to but once you figure it out, it becomes quite natural.

I haven't played it but does Ace Combat have a co-op campaign or is it single player only?

The Assistance Off mode does take some getting used to but once you figure it out, it becomes quite natural.

Not if you're used to strafing BMPs from the cockpit of your trusty A-10A with an X-52 ,Rudder pedals and TIR4...but that's apples to oranges:)

As for AC6 co-op, I actually don't know...I've played some multi TDM, but didn't look into co-op. hopefully someone else can answer that.

I'm going to try the demo tonight, when I'm done with work. As for AC6, there is a co-op mode, but it's not the game's regular campaign. I haven't done it yet, but while checking over the multiplayer modes it looked like there are two co-op missions for playing over Live. At least that's what there was when the game came out, and the last time I had checked.

i purchased it off of Steam yesterday, i havent had such a blast playing a flying combat game since Ace Combat 2 (to me, that was the best one of them all). I ended up playing quite a while yesterday, till like 4am this morning..... the OFF mode is a bit confusing but its easy to get used to, im just hoping more people pick it up because last night there where only 3 games online :(

I liked the demo, but these types of games do not have a long lifespan. So for me, I'll wait a few months after it drops and pick it up used.

End War was a fun game, but it became boring after a while. It is now in my trade in pile. I have the feeling HAWX will be the same way. Rainbow Six Vegas 2 however stays in my disc drive. Its multi player install base is huge.

Hated the demo precisely because of the forced assistance off mode. Drove me bonkers. Having been a pilot in my earlier life I really can't deal with aircraft movements if I'm not in the cockpit view. Just doesn't mesh with my sense of maneuverability and visualizing the airspace. I turned the demo off when I hit the assistance off view.

One good thing, is that I heard it wasn't going to have any DRM. I guess the no DRM experiment by Ubisoft on Prince of Persia paid off.

-edit: Ooops I forgot I was in the console section. I guess DRM doesn't matter much here.

Back