Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Made it into Closed Beta. Downloading. Will get to it later today.

Got an invite! The email says I can also send an invite to 3 of my 'Ubisoft friends'. the wording makes it sound like you can only send an invite to someone on your uplay friends list, but I'm gathering that's not the case since people are dishing out codes in this thread. When I have time later I'll download the beta and send the other invites.

there are a ton of controls to map in this game...felt like I was back in 1990 when there where a million keys to map in certain games

^^ Agreed. So far the "dumbed down" arguments are being dashed. Pretty impressed.

Early impressions:

Menus have what PC gamers want to see... in game menus are more streamlined and intuitive for squad commands... key prompts optional for all things ranging from types of weapon fire (semi or full)...lights, first and third person aiming, vehicle controls (reminds me of latter Far Cry games except outside camera)... So far I feel like what I'm seeing here is something I may end up buying but too soon to tell.

The last game, Future Solider, was a game that I thought was "decent/ok" overall and I can already tell this will be better. It's just a question of how much. There are some "best of" Far Cry, Division, yes some real GR assets... it's an Ubisoft game... more to come. Have to be careful with NDA.

Got an invite! The email says I can also send an invite to 3 of my 'Ubisoft friends'. the wording makes it sound like you can only send an invite to someone on your uplay friends list, but I'm gathering that's not the case since people are dishing out codes in this thread. When I have time later I'll download the beta and send the other invites.

they do have to be on your Uplay list...but you can ask for their Uplay name,add them to your Friends list and then you send out the invite

Casual observation: 1920X1200, 60Hz, all eye candy maxed out and I'm hauling ass super fast in a vehicle and it's pretty smooth and stable in terms of overall performance.

Anyone else having trouble signing into the Ghost Recon Beta site?

remapping of keys doesn't seem to be working...anyone else having this issue?

Really enjoying the game, reminds me of MGS PP but better graphics, less about story and more about action. For me this is a buy

Last edited:
the draw distance is really impressive and the open world looks really nice as well...but performance is pretty crappy on my GTX 970

Really enjoying the game, reminds me of MGS PP but better, less about story and more about action. For me this is a buy

I'm not sure about being better than MGS:pP... need to spend more time with it.

I forgot to add: I'm using a GTX 980ti on my setup.

I had one AI disappointment:

2 enemies came up a staircase, my "sync shot" missed these two (glad this is back) and I was out in the open for all the world to see and in most videogames, these two enemies would have lit me up in two seconds. It never happened. They came at me, never fired, and I put them down. They absolutely should have long since been firing on me the way this was.

This was in the area where you interrogate that one guy and clear out the first area.

I've got three invites, a fair number of people on my list are already invited.

Anyone want one, PM me, or send uPlay friend req, my username is the same there.

Amending earlier statement: Started to see some performance and frame rate drop offs. Very seriously doubt I'm holding 60fps at all times. I'll check that soon.

EDIT: Lots of nice menu options. Vsync was default on, I turned it off and set in game frame limiter cap to 60.

I'm running at full speed in a forest with lots of shadows, god rays, daylight and running in and around low to mid 40s. 980ti, all max eye candy, 1920X1200.

Once I slowed down and got into a corn field it went up to the 60s. It's not going below 40.

The game menu says I'm using 3380MB of VRAM at present. (like GTA 5 here.)

This has resolution scaling. I'm leaving it at 1.00 for now. Real impressed with skill trees, depth, menus, customization of characters and weapons.

Last edited:
lots of people reporting PC performance issues...frame rate spikes, mouse smoothing, etc...doesn't matter what GPU, lowering settings doesn't help as much as it should...seems there's a reason Ubisoft hasn't shown any PC footage thus far...game seems best playing with friends in 4 player co-op but they need to work out the performance kinks

lots of people reporting PC performance issues...frame rate spikes, mouse smoothing, etc...doesn't matter what GPU, lowering settings doesn't help as much as it should...seems there's a reason Ubisoft hasn't shown any PC footage thus far...game seems best playing with friends in 4 player co-op but they need to work out the performance kinks

More or less my takeaway although I've been playing solo and enjoying it. Co-op will likely make it shine all the more.

the open world seems to be the star thus far with me...even the graphics while nice don't look as good when you take a closer look as far as textures, foliage etc...the lighting and weather effects are really good though...I don't think I'm going to buy the game but I can see people enjoying it

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
the open world seems to be the star thus far with me...even the graphics while nice don't look as good when you take a closer look as far as textures, foliage etc...the lighting and weather effects are really good though

Overall it's good looking and when the performance gets ironed out in the final so much the better.

Gameplay feels good. I'm really impressed with some of the depth in this game: Menus, gunsmithing, loot, skill trees, customizations of characters and gear... a lot to like here.

Overall it's good looking and when the performance gets ironed out in the final so much the better.

Gameplay feels good. I'm really impressed with some of the depth in this game: Menus, gunsmithing, loot, skill trees, customizations of characters and gear... a lot to like here.

the gameplay and customization options are definitely highlights...draw distance and the open world itself is really impressive

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
This game might've been promising if the AI wasn't so brainless and is the complete opposite of the omniscient aimbots in the ARMA 3 campaign. The abysmal AI basically eliminates any tension or excitement from combat and I feel like I'm playing Dynasty Warriors mowing down hundreds of minions that pose no real threat.

ARMA 3 = AI bordering on cheating/unfair
MGS V = Fair but still easy since you're smarter than AI
GR:Wildlands = Why even give the enemy guns if they're not even going to use them

was digging for extra invite codes and found that if you used a friend invite to get the beta you cannot invite more friends. only ppl that originally applied for the beta get friend keys. well that sucks...

This game might've been promising if the AI wasn't so brainless and is the complete opposite of the omniscient aimbots in the ARMA 3 campaign. The abysmal AI basically eliminates any tension or excitement from combat and I feel like I'm playing Dynasty Warriors mowing down hundreds of minions that pose no real threat.

GR:Wildlands = Why even give the enemy guns if they're not even going to use them

does increasing the difficulty make the AI smarter/better?

does increasing the difficulty make the AI smarter/better?

Eh...a little. I'm using the middle difficulty: Veteran.

I got into a pretty crazy nightime shootout and got killed a couple of times.

There's definitely some inconsistency.

All told, with whatever lumps may be here, it's telling that I'm making myself quit because I don't want to dump a lot of time and effort into something that isn't the final product.

I saw what was said earlier in the thread: I raided this village at night and damn it if it didn't feel like a cousin to Metal Gear: TPP. I'm not saying it was equal but "in the ballpark."

Good enough. ;)

Will be buying.

Last edited:
been fiddling with this for the last couple hours. its not too bad, looks good but runs like shite on my rig :( 1080p med setting with a bit of custom(added god rays etc) and I can only get 35-40ish fps. if I want 60fps I have to drop to low/med mix. the built in benchmark is pretty useless, only shows the landscape. oh and w10 game mode DOES hurt performance, I lost ~5fps. It also has a very aggressive vsync like other ubi games. you get 30, 45, 60 basically.

would have been nice if I could position squadmates to different locations...would have added a more tactical feel to the gameplay...having 1 command for all of them is silly

Barely capable of holding 1080p30 maxed out. Very GPU + CPU intensive across the board, there's also FOV and res scaling options.
As for port quality, idk. I see people complaining that it runs very badly but I guess you have to discuss how pretty the game is first. Looks like Crysis to me.

Gameplay feels like MGS 5: Deply your drone, tag enemies, sneak in, etc.
In fact MGS 5 is probably a better game overall.

Not gonna touch this one until my new build is done.

Last edited:
Also I played the female protag and the voice acting was god awful. Worst I've heard in a long time.

AI is a gripe I've had for a while now since we've been playing against the same caliber of AI for two decades. It's all about making it look pretty and nothing else.

Back