Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

The latest footage:

The "normal difficulty" and console footage is kind of annoying, but the potential can still be seen. This may become my next co-op goto if it turns out to be any good.

I still have the first Ghost Recon and all its expansions on disc. I remember playing these back in the Half-Life days when anything other than running and gunning was a new concept. Always enjoyed this series, even through its up and down years.

Seems like SkillUp got an exclusive on the Character Creation tool:

The character options look more diverse and better structured then the Division, and it seems like you can customize what you're wearing at any time, like The Division, which is a good choice.

EDIT: Arrekz added a video with some gun customization video also (first 2 minutes only):

Last edited:
More Gameplay:

This guy talks about taking several rounds and regen health, but the Devs have already stated that there will be adjustable difficulty and the hardest setting would be more realistic with death from a single round in most cases. I'm guessing it will be similar to Splinter Cell Blacklist, where the game really doesn't come into its own until you're on max difficulty.

Last edited:
These videos are getting me hyped up for this game. Really excited to try the beta.

They're going into all-out hype mode, so you'll see a lot of articles written up about it. Just remember: all of these events have been invite-only and it's almost certainly going to result in more praise than criticism. The closed beta (and whatever NDA that will trigger) may yield the first unbiased views of this game.

Right now I can't shake that this game is a weird love-child of Just Cause and a GRAW-themed Division.

Annoying that so far there are only crap console videos, I want to see the full PC version gameplay and graphics options. If it's anything like the Division then I'm sold!!

Yeah, the third person really isn't doing it for me. It also looks like it'd be kind of boring in single-player.

That too but I've a couple friends with whom I played the original Ghost Recon series that would jump into this with me if it had the first-person option.

Right now I can't shake that this game is a weird love-child of Just Cause and a GRAW-themed Division.

There is a ton of Far Cry & GTA in there too, which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you choose the right elements, but if this game turns into GTA in the jungle, then I'll lose interest.

Fortunately it looks like you can play it the way you want to, but since I'm going to want to do nearly every mission at night going stealth, I will miss Metal Gear Solid's mission selector where you can select time of day and landing zone. The down fall of open world is what happens in Far Cry; you have to drive or fly for so long you get impatient, go cross country at top speed, and end up popping out of the woods right in the middle of some camp alerting everybody. I want to plan, recon and execute. I don't want to bumble, fumble and CoD. Not sure their brand of Open World fits Ghost Recon (or my perspective on it anyway), but I'll wait and see.

closed beta starts on February 3rd...

Ubisoft announced that the closed beta for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands will run from Feb 3-6...it will take place on three platforms — Windows PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One — simultaneously, and preloads of game data will begin on Feb 1...Ubisoft says that the beta will support solo play, as well as up to four players working together cooperatively

Last edited:
Have they sent out beta invites yet? Interested in trying it out before i spend the money on it

Can you expand on it? The gameplay appears to be very similar, plus weapon modding, etc.

They are similar in that there is character progression, weapon and gear modding, crafting and customization... and they are both 3rd person shooters. However it ends there. They will not play or 'feel' the same. The Division is designed around RPG / MMO mechanics, where as Wildlands will be much more Tactical and planned out. Enemies in the Division are damage sponges and loot piñatas, in Wildlands you and them both will take more realistic damage. In the Division you can go solo or run with other players, here you will always have a Squad that will need managed, be they AI or human. It will be closer to Far Cry mixed with Metal Gear Solid than the Division's mix of Destiny and Borderlands, if that makes any sense.

No invite for me. If anyone has a spare key to share, I would appreciate it.

Uplay: brennok

I was looking forward to this too.

No invite yet, but I assume they're still in the process of distributing them?

I have a good friend who pre-ordered and still doesn't hasn't received his key, so if anyone has a spare for him it would be much appreciated.

Ill take a key if anyone has one available. Will leave possitive heatware in return

thanks to [H] member Xerack for sending me an invite!...downloading now...I signed up for and was a part of the Closed Beta with For Honor last weekend and also signed up for the Ghost Recon one but never received an invite...maybe they are trying to give more players a chance instead of the same ones...either way I'm happy I got an invite!

I finally got a key but It wont let me play, keeps telling me that my graphics card doesnt support dx11, iv got a R9 290 which does support dx11, any ideas?

Back