Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint

I'm talking about the chests that are on a base you you take it over. When you hover over the base icon it shows you how many weapon chests are on that base. Then it checks them off when you open them. I assumed doing this made that weapon available at the main site later to put into your load out. Until you found them and pulled them out of the chest, I assumed that weapon was not available to add to your load out at the main base.

I'm talking about the chests that are on a base you you take it over. When you hover over the base icon it shows you how many weapon chests are on that base. Then it checks them off when you open them. I assumed doing this made that weapon available at the main site later to put into your load out. Until you found them and pulled them out of the chest, I assumed that weapon was not available to add to your load out at the main base.

Any blueprints you acquire can only be built & equipped at Erewhon or bivouacs.

Unfortunately, while vastly improved there are tell tale signs that still exist in the game letting you know it was designed with gear score from the outset. As a result, the game doesn't work 100% right without it. For example, weapon parts aren't near common enough when you aren't constantly breaking down guns you don't need. It's also difficult to play with friends when one or more person's score is too low compared to the other players. Loot chests throughout the game become nearly useless swap cases or really don't contain anything of value when gear score is turned off.

Lastly, you can't do the raid without gear score being enabled. Without gear score, you also lose all the individual weapon perks. Although, that's the least problematic issue.

That's lame.

Is the raid even worth doing and going through this aggravation? I'm pretty happy with things as they are and would hate to mess anything up.

That's lame.

Is the raid even worth doing and going through this aggravation? I'm pretty happy with things as they are and would hate to mess anything up.

Yes, the raid is actually a lot of fun. The intel gathering bit is annoying as that's what pads the run time of the encounter. However, the rewards are certainly worth while. Keep in mind that toggling gear score on or off isn't going to mess anything up. When it's off, your inventory is more or less inaccessible. When gear score is off, you can only access what you have blueprints for or picked up in the game world from a swap chest or a dead enemy. The only thing I'd caution you about is that gear score technically seems to continue on in the background and eventually, older items seem to get overwritten. Since it doesn't look like Ubisoft is going to do another raid, I wouldn't worry about that. Once you have the blueprints for everything the raid has to offer, you can safely turn gear score back off forever.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Yes, the raid is actually a lot of fun. The intel gathering bit is annoying as that's what pads the run time of the encounter. However, the rewards are certainly worth while. Keep in mind that toggling gear score on or off isn't going to mess anything up. When it's off, your inventory is more or less inaccessible. When gear score is off, you can only access what you have blueprints for or picked up in the game world from a swap chest or a dead enemy. The only thing I'd caution you about is that gear score technically seems to continue on in the background and eventually, older items seem to get overwritten. Since it doesn't look like Ubisoft is going to do another raid, I wouldn't worry about that. Once you have the blueprints for everything the raid has to offer, you can safely turn gear score back off forever.

Oh good. So don't BS around. Turn gear on score on, do raid, get things done, get out, switch off.

I did try the "fly the chopper in at an angle hit biovauc 2" exploit to see if I could explore the island outside of the raid and I'm thinking they may have patched it. I did it perfectly with a fast helicopter and no dice. Oh well.

Oh good. So don't BS around. Turn gear on score on, do raid, get things done, get out, switch off.

I did try the "fly the chopper in at an angle hit biovauc 2" exploit to see if I could explore the island outside of the raid and I'm thinking they may have patched it. I did it perfectly with a fast helicopter and no dice. Oh well.

It's very tough to do. I probably can only do it one out of four attempts. You might think you've done it perfectly, but you might not have.

like this
There's a certain method to making it work. The islet (w/ the fast travel bivouac) at the southern end is the entry point in between the detector buoys. I'll have to give another go at it to see if it works.

like this
It looks like they fixed the exploit to get to the nearest camp via helicopter. I tried twice with different approaches, low & high. Both failed... 🤬
GRB_vulkan_2020_07_22_21_05_58_235.png
Insta-KIA if you're in the area w/o officially entering the raid.

like this
Took down a 1.36 GB update. I'm assuming a new patch but I don't see notes yet.

Yesterday I did one mission from the resistance event. I don't get it why does this need to be a live event? Why can't they leave it in so I can play it whenever I want?

Yesterday I did one mission from the resistance event. I don't get it why does this need to be a live event? Why can't they leave it in so I can play it whenever I want?

Like the Terminator event, it will remain in the game. You just can't get all the rewards and the side missions will be removed.

Like the Terminator event, it will remain in the game. You just can't get all the rewards and the side missions will be removed.
I don't see the terminator event in my game. I bought it long after that happened. All I see is that I can buy terminator themed skins, no thanks.

Plus what If I Want to side missions as well? I don't even know if the mission I Did yesterday was a main or side mission.

I don't see the terminator event in my game. I bought it long after that happened. All I see is that I can buy terminator themed skins, no thanks.

Plus what If I Want to side missions as well? I don't even know if the mission I Did yesterday was a main or side mission.

You access that from the main mission map. It's in the top right of the interface. It may not show up for you if you bought the game after the event. As for the current live event, the missions that are the main ones will be the story ones with the cut scenes in them. The side missions are the other ones. Those will only be available for a limited time. Honestly, it took me and a friend about 3 hours to do them all. Once done, your done. You will have access to all 14 rewards.

like this
You access that from the main mission map. It's in the top right of the interface. It may not show up for you if you bought the game after the event. As for the current live event, the missions that are the main ones will be the story ones with the cut scenes in them. The side missions are the other ones. Those will only be available for a limited time. Honestly, it took me and a friend about 3 hours to do them all. Once done, your done. You will have access to all 14 rewards.
I know the Terminator missions are always there but it might be gated by the seasonal pass & any editions that had it bundled.

I did the resistance missions, but it's all just side missions. I was expecting some normal narrative main mission after I did them, but nothing. Disappointing. Definitely not changes my mind about live service games: They suck.

They still haven't fixed the scope bug problem and that has been around since before I started playing the game. If they would just fix the bugs first before adding new content they'd get a lot less complaints. This game had so much potential but they keep it from living up to its full potential.

New content is out. Episode 3. Some new story content, some new gear, etc.

New content is out. Episode 3. Some new story content, some new gear, etc.
If Episode 2 was half effort, then Episode 3 is zero effort. Like they are not even trying to make meaningful content now. The new missions are just assasination missions, and the new story content is basically you get a new mission over radio.

If Episode 2 was half effort, then Episode 3 is zero effort. Like they are not even trying to make meaningful content now. The new missions are just assasination missions, and the new story content is basically you get a new mission over radio.
It was over way too fast when it was released last month. Rather boring.

It's more of the same basically. It seems like this game by and large has run its course. Too bad. It certainly has (had?) the potential to be more.

It's more of the same basically. It seems like this game by and large has run its course. Too bad. It certainly has (had?) the potential to be more.
It's not really more of the same, they paid much more attention to the narrative in the base game. These are just afterthoughts. The free mission in episode 2 was still good, probably to lure you in, then the rest of that was meh as well.

I mean narco road and fallen ghosts was brilliant comparatively, those had plenty of content, these are a joke.

like this
Haven't played in months, decided to give a go and realized I have 22GB of updates to download.

Fuck me.

LOL, the last mission in episode 3 is completely stupid. Enemies randomly spawning around you constantly, while you need to hack electrical panels. But you can't hack it because in the time it takes to hack it there are always new enemies spawned who shoot you. If their goal was to take all the fun out of the game, congratulations they succeeded.

I just finished the episode two Sam Fisher/M**** missions. So no spoilers! :p

I will start episode three tonight. I have to say that I did enjoy the Sam Fisher missions and that story arc. Always a pleasure when Matchwood/Deep Blue rolls into town.

like this
I finished Episode 3 yesterday and all told I'm satisfied at least so far as gameplay and essentially wrapping up the story by ultimately dealing with Stone. Walker was definitely more compelling and the story telling during the main campaign itself is definitely "better" but let's face it: This isn't Shakespeare. ;)

I guess that's it for this past PVP updates. I hope for the nexdt game, assuming there isn't one, they really go back and take in a lot of fan feedback on what works and what doesn't and go from there.

Wrapped up episode 3 earlier. Yeah, I agree it was stupid and frustrating so I just the set the difficulty on easy after dying 3 times. Fuck it. not worth raging over this game. I did enjoy Episode 3 however even if they were just mainly assassination missions.

If Ubi ever does make another Ghost Recon, I hope it's more like Wildlands and earlier GR games. Breakpoint was fun but it arrived broken and they tried to make it more like the Division which was stupid, also, I hated the drones. Too many and often times, I'd blow my cover because one of those small drones spotted me and I'd have to go loud.

I hate that! The game is much easier when you are stealth. Also, would've been nice if we had the option to include AI teammates or not when the game first game out.

like this
I want to like this game but can't I like the Main Hub but everything else is just placeholder. Can't get past the stupid Ai at least Wildlands the Ai was on target.

In spit of its issues, I have rather enjoyed Breakpoint. I didn't play it much the first year it was out given the obvious looter shooter bullshit. However, in its current state I've really come to like the game. I've got about 430 hours in it or more. I play it quite often with friends. I've never found it difficult and I've never needed the AI. I turned them on but largely ignore them.

In spit of its issues, I have rather enjoyed Breakpoint. I didn't play it much the first year it was out given the obvious looter shooter bullshit. However, in its current state I've really come to like the game. I've got about 430 hours in it or more. I play it quite often with friends. I've never found it difficult and I've never needed the AI. I turned them on but largely ignore them.
I actually just picked this up too and am glad for missing out on its early issues.

Maybe I'll look for a deal on the DLC season pass. I beat the base game. It was pretty fun.

UBI must be doing this out of sheer love of the game the game sell for like 7.00. I just know if I log into the game nothing will have changed.

like this
UBI must be doing this out of sheer love of the game the game sell for like 7.00. I just know if I log into the game nothing will have changed.

The updates and sale price of the game are for driving microtransaction sales. The update on the 25th (tomorrow) is largely comprised of new cash shop items and some bullshit leveling system for AI companions. We get two new weapons we can buy from Maria's shop for in game credits and complete leveling challenges like our class specific challenges for AI companions. There are some rewards attached to those. There are some new customizations for Nomad (player) and the AI squad mates. Essentially, there isn't any content here. The update is largely bug fixes. In fairness, some things that were asked for like the ability to wear gas masks with helmets is being added but, there isn't any actual content being added n this release.

It's rather disappointing and I am a huge fan of this game with over 500 hours in it.

like this
Back