Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint

When does it drop oh well it's not up just yet I hope they made the AI is smarter like fighting a bunch of guys with zero brains.

See what this game is about today if I like the Ai might pick up the deep state dlc.

It's definitely more like Wildlands now with the teammates. The only quibble I've got is the orders menu is married to the item wheel and it's like it takes you an extra step. Orders needs to have its own control or key that I can remap as a dedicated like in Wildlands.

I saw some simple improvements that I like. Many of the assault variants of several rifles can now be suppressed. They also added additional grenade launcher models for rifles that look retarded with an M203 on them. They broke the medic vest from the raid. It now has tan magazine pouches and you can't do anything about it. They did fix a lot of clipping issues with outfits though. As the patch promised, several of the guns feel very different now. The two or three guns I tried have had their recoil drastically reduced. Although, the MK-14 variants feel the same.

I haven't enabled AI teammates or anything. I spent about 10-15 minutes with the game. There are some new vehicles and outfits at Maria's shop as well although I haven't gone through them all. I can confirm the DMR glitch, at least its most recent form is now fixed.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2020-7-15-12-1-8.jpg

We Roll with all girls with blue hair to kick =)

I picked up the season pass during ubiforward, because I'm a hypocrite, and couldn't pass up on the opportunity of getting it for 14 instead of 40.

I picked up the season pass during ubiforward, because I'm a hypocrite, and couldn't pass up on the opportunity of getting it for 14 instead of 40.

You won't regret it.

Reactions: M76
like this
They really need to isolate and seperate the team command. I think in Wildlands it was mapped to the Tab button. That's got to happen.

I sure do hope some way, some how some more content comes out of this game. There are plenty of assets on that huge map and all. Another Sam Fisher caliber DLC or something. I think there is a lot of potential left here.

They really need to isolate and seperate the team command. I think in Wildlands it was mapped to the Tab button. That's got to happen.

I sure do hope some way, some how some more content comes out of this game. There are plenty of assets on that huge map and all. Another Sam Fisher caliber DLC or something. I think there is a lot of potential left here.

Unfortunately, most of the developer efforts thus far have been about quality of life changes, bug fixes and polishing the game after launch.

In other words, they've been trying to make the game more like Wildlands rather than the step back it was when the game launched. I think the game is in a good place to move forward now, but it shouldn't have taken a year to get to this point. I doubt much is in the pipeline content wise. Next year may be much better on that front, but this year hasn't been great for new content.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I never played Wildlands. So is BP better than Wildlands with the new team mates or does Wildlands still do it better. I need to get back into Breakpoint and see what has changed. I been considering buying Wildlands since I never played it. Breakpoint is my first Ghost Recon game btw.

Wildlands is way better this game they had a legos kit developer build all the maps.
It's still fun to play but when you get to the core of it they could of done a better job.

Personally, I don't think AI team mates make any difference at all in my enjoyment of the game. Breakpoint's issues had nothing to do with the decision to put Nomad by him/herself. People mostly criticized the design because Nomad alone didn't have the ability to do SyncShot kills without using a consumable drone, which isn't available to you right away. It made the game more challenging. What's funny is the Ghost Recon crowd acts like its hardcore and like it wants extreme challenges.

When you read negative comments about the game, it usually boils down to things like: "The game is too hard without AI team mates" and "the raid is way too hard" etc.

Personally, I don't think AI team mates make any difference at all in my enjoyment of the game. Breakpoint's issues had nothing to do with the decision to put Nomad by him/herself. People mostly criticized the design because Nomad alone didn't have the ability to do SyncShot kills without using a consumable drone, which isn't available to you right away. It made the game more challenging. What's funny is the Ghost Recon crowd acts like its hardcore and like it wants extreme challenges.

When you read negative comments about the game, it usually boils down to things like: "The game is too hard without AI team mates" and "the raid is way too hard" etc.

In some ways, I think I like it better without them but I'm happy they are there. If I don't give them commands, which I don't do often because the command wheel is currently a little inconvenient where it's at... they echo me and augment me without getting in my way. That's great.

I was doing this faction event and there was some heavy combat that they bailed me out a few times. I could be kidding myself but I feel like the AI for them in this is a little bit better and more nuanced than Wildlands.

Yeah, the game is more challenging without them. And when I played Narco road I realized that it is actually better that way. If anything now I'd like to play through Wildlands solo. I have no intention of playing Breakpoint with the AI team. I don't feel they add anything to the experience. I never even used the syncshot drone in the game.

like this
Yeah, the game is more challenging without them. And when I played Narco road I realized that it is actually better that way. If anything now I'd like to play through Wildlands solo. I have no intention of playing Breakpoint with the AI team. I don't feel they add anything to the experience. I never even used the syncshot drone in the game.

They have hilariously bad dialog. I enabled them and they'll say things like: "All day baby" and "Yeah...that's the stuff" when you score a head shot on a target. I don't recall any of the dialog with the squad mates distracting or awful in Wildlands. In fact, I liked their banter, references to previous missions, jokes and all of that. In fact, Wildlands did that better than any game I've played since Republic Commando. This crap is an obvious afterthought and it wasn't done very well.

Also, I did some of the missions for the Resistance Live Event. For whatever reason, the music that plays with those missions is terribly out of place. It sounds like something more appropriate for a dungeon crawler, not a semi-futuristic tactical shooter. What the hell Ubisoft?

like this
They have hilariously bad dialog. I enabled them and they'll say things like: "All day baby" and "Yeah...that's the stuff" when you score a head shot on a target. I don't recall any of the dialog with the squad mates distracting or awful in Wildlands. In fact, I liked their banter, references to previous missions, jokes and all of that. In fact, Wildlands did that better than any game I've played since Republic Commando. This crap is an obvious afterthought and it wasn't done very well.

Also, I did some of the missions for the Resistance Live Event. For whatever reason, the music that plays with those missions is terribly out of place. It sounds like something more appropriate for a dungeon crawler, not a semi-futuristic tactical shooter. What the hell Ubisoft?
I don't know I only turned them on for like 30 seconds, didn't even do a mission with them. As for live events: Hard pass for me.

like this
I don't know I only turned them on for like 30 seconds, didn't even do a mission with them. As for live events: Hard pass for me.

I'm not going out of my way to do them, but I was messing around with game anyway, so it gave me something to do.

like this
Funny. I never used the sync shot drone either. Messing around more in Wildlands solo sounds like a fun experiment. I used the Event as fodder to take the AI teammates for a spin.

The live event can be cleared in 1 or 2 sessions solo but with friends its even faster. The rewards are alright with nothing super exciting.

This just dropped to 30 for the ultimate edition. I really enjoyed going solo in Wildlands with the AI. Have over 500 hours in it and restart playing it all the time. Is it worth it for the 30 deal, will it feel enough like wildands that I will enjoy it?

This just dropped to 30 for the ultimate edition. I really enjoyed going solo in Wildlands with the AI. Have over 500 hours in it and restart playing it all the time. Is it worth it for the 30 deal, will it feel enough like wildands that I will enjoy it?

Turn off gear score, turn on the AI team mates and I'd say yes. Generally speaking, it will.

Well I did give it a go. I'm surprised on how different it is from Wildlands. However not a bad thing, as if it was the exact same game, why would I buy it again? Has a lot more depth in gathering Intel than Wildlands did, and also has random enemies spawning in everywhere that gives it a Farcry 5 Or Just Cause 4 feel. Its enough like the old game, while also offering enough new game play elements that I'm enjoying it.

Well I did give it a go. I'm surprised on how different it is from Wildlands. However not a bad thing, as if it was the exact same game, why would I buy it again? Has a lot more depth in gathering Intel than Wildlands did, and also has random enemies spawning in everywhere that gives it a Farcry 5 Or Just Cause 4 feel. Its enough like the old game, while also offering enough new game play elements that I'm enjoying it.

In some ways, the game is a solid step forward from Wildlands. In others, it's a step back from it. A lot of what Ubisoft has done over the last year is to improve on those areas where the game took a step back. A year ago it was a very different game and frankly, it was much worse.

In some ways, the game is a solid step forward from Wildlands. In others, it's a step back from it. A lot of what Ubisoft has done over the last year is to improve on those areas where the game took a step back. A year ago it was a very different game and frankly, it was much worse.

The ability to turn off gear score & roaming of the open world wins out over The Division 2 IMHO, which is why I quit it & moved over to GRB. Originally when I played the closed alpha, I was not fond of it at all.

like this
The ability to turn off gear score & roaming of the open world wins out over The Division 2 IMHO, which is why I quit it & moved over to GRB. Originally when I played the closed alpha, I was not fond of it at all.

Unfortunately, while vastly improved there are tell tale signs that still exist in the game letting you know it was designed with gear score from the outset. As a result, the game doesn't work 100% right without it. For example, weapon parts aren't near common enough when you aren't constantly breaking down guns you don't need. It's also difficult to play with friends when one or more person's score is too low compared to the other players. Loot chests throughout the game become nearly useless swap cases or really don't contain anything of value when gear score is turned off.

Lastly, you can't do the raid without gear score being enabled. Without gear score, you also lose all the individual weapon perks. Although, that's the least problematic issue.

I like this game much more than I do Division 2. I'm not far from considering uninstalling Division 2 which is kind of sad.

Unfortunately, while vastly improved there are tell tale signs that still exist in the game letting you know it was designed with gear score from the outset. As a result, the game doesn't work 100% right without it. For example, weapon parts aren't near common enough when you aren't constantly breaking down guns you don't need. It's also difficult to play with friends when one or more person's score is too low compared to the other players. Loot chests throughout the game become nearly useless swap cases or really don't contain anything of value when gear score is turned off.

Lastly, you can't do the raid without gear score being enabled. Without gear score, you also lose all the individual weapon perks. Although, that's the least problematic issue.

I do hate that Golem Island is not accessible for non-Raid exploring & collecting. I don't really want anything at all to do with the gear score. I definitely won't be doing anything with PvP either.

I like this game much more than I do Division 2. I'm not far from considering uninstalling Division 2 which is kind of sad.

I uninstalled TD2 right quick when they dropped in the rogue agent hunt crap... :sleep:

Last edited:
like this
I do hate that Golem Island is not accessible for non-Raid exploring & collecting. I don't really want anything at all to do with the gear score. I definitely won't be doing anything with PvP either.

I uninstalled TD2 right quick when they dropped the rogue agent hunt crap... :sleep:

There is actually a way onto Golem island to do just that. However, only parts of it will be accessible due to being gated by each boss. You can get the loot chests there, but only the standard ones. Boss loot and black chests are inaccessible.

like this
There is actually a way onto Golem island to do just that. However, only parts of it will be accessible due to being gated by each boss. You can get the loot chests there, but only the standard ones. Boss loot and black chests are inaccessible.

I did use the glitch to get all of the map locations but I didn't get too far with exploring it. Anything of value from the standard chests or accessible collectibles?

like this
I did use the glitch to get all of the map locations but I didn't get too far with exploring it. Anything of value from the standard chests or accessible collectibles?

Negative. All the exclusive rewards from Golem island are locked behind the raid. During the actual raid, you get normal items from the accessible chests. Only black chests and raid bosses drop the exclusive loot. The black chests only spawn when you do the raid.

I thought I needed to find the standard chests and swap out weapons, so that weapon would be in camp to select for load out later on?

I thought I needed to find the standard chests and swap out weapons, so that weapon would be in camp to select for load out later on?

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Your loadout can only be changed from a bivouac or a swap chest (which is all of them) when gear score is turned off. When gear score is enabled, the chests give you weapons which are added to your inventory. With gear score on or off, you can only craft weapons at the bivouac or shop that you have the blueprints for. With gear score on, you can swap weapons with whatever is in your inventory at any time. You will get multiple copies of weapons, each with specific perks and rarity levels.

Back