Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint

I'm an avid Destiny 2 player and I've been pretty bored with that lately. I've spent all my game time in Ghost Recon.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I realized there is one more huge plus that I failed to mention in my review, that you can buy cosmetic items for in-game currency and none of this real money for virtual items bullshit.

like this
I realized there is one more huge plus that I failed to mention in my review, that you can buy cosmetic items for in-game currency and none of this real money for virtual items bullshit.

That's back tracking from the original release if I recall correctly, but yes. This is largely true today. However, there are a few guns in the game that cannot be acquired in game in the normal way. The 416 Shorty Brown, MK-23 Echelon, and MK-14 Assault Brown. These guns are not found in the game normally. However, the MK 23 can be found in the game and its stats are precisely the same as the MK 23 Echelon. So, the Echelon version is only slightly different cosmetically. However, when you get to the MK-14 Assault Brown, things are quite different.

The MK-14 Assault Brown is an "Assault" variant of the MK-14 which utilizes ASR optics and can be suppressed. You get the same damage as the DMR version, but you get the ability to use ASR optics and even the grenade launcher. All said and done, this weapon can basically one tap most enemies with a single 3 round burst to the body and even heavy's with a headshot. It can drop a chopper in less than a single magazine. It has enough range that if you can see it with your optic, you can probably hit it if you do your part. The gun is basically king in terms of fire rate and damage per shot up close and at medium distances. It's also good enough to hit targets far away if you can actually see them. It's probably the most versatile gun in the game. It makes most encounters anywhere between much easier and trivial. The only thing that limits this weapon is its small magazine. This really only comes into play in boss encounters or against something like a Behemoth or the other rolling drones.

That being said, there is a slightly better version of this gun in the raid. The raid version is simply called the "MK-14 Assault." This version is a "yellow" version which has stronger perks on it. Simply put, this gun shreds. It would probably have the best DPS in the game by far if the magazine weren't so small. You can also get the blueprints for this in the raid as well from the black chests. I don't have a full list of weapons from the raid, but I'm assuming there is probably a similar gun to the 416 Shorty Brown or whatever its called. I've found a MK-17 Shorty and a M4 shotgun shorty as well.

So yes, they are "in game", but they are in game in such a way that you might not ever be able to acquire them unless you can find a group to do the raid with that can actually clear the bosses. The raid bosses aren't difficult, but they aren't terribly forgiving either. Mechanically, you can easily figure out what has to be done but actual execution is a separate matter.

Any tips for beating Walker? I'm checking the Internet, too. That's brutal. It's a bunch of BS. I can't beat him.

Last edited:
Any tips for beating Walker? I'm checking the Internet, too. That's brutal.
You have to destroy his drones, you can only hurt him after all the drones are destroyed. Then he dies from 4-5 point blank shotgun blasts.
I went up the the stairs on the south west corner (directly left from where you enter the room) of the room and camped there, he doesn't follow you there. And when I disposed of the actual wave of wolves I ducked out to snipe at his drones. Repeated this until all were destroyed.
But be careful sometimes 2 wolves spawn from the door on top of the staircase there.

like this
That's back tracking from the original release if I recall correctly, but yes. This is largely true today. However, there are a few guns in the game that cannot be acquired in game in the normal way. The 416 Shorty Brown, MK-23 Echelon, and MK-14 Assault Brown. These guns are not found in the game normally. However, the MK 23 can be found in the game and its stats are precisely the same as the MK 23 Echelon. So, the Echelon version is only slightly different cosmetically. However, when you get to the MK-14 Assault Brown, things are quite different.

The MK-14 Assault Brown is an "Assault" variant of the MK-14 which utilizes ASR optics and can be suppressed. You get the same damage as the DMR version, but you get the ability to use ASR optics and even the grenade launcher. All said and done, this weapon can basically one tap most enemies with a single 3 round burst to the body and even heavy's with a headshot. It can drop a chopper in less than a single magazine. It has enough range that if you can see it with your optic, you can probably hit it if you do your part. The gun is basically king in terms of fire rate and damage per shot up close and at medium distances. It's also good enough to hit targets far away if you can actually see them. It's probably the most versatile gun in the game. It makes most encounters anywhere between much easier and trivial. The only thing that limits this weapon is its small magazine. This really only comes into play in boss encounters or against something like a Behemoth or the other rolling drones.

That being said, there is a slightly better version of this gun in the raid. The raid version is simply called the "MK-14 Assault." This version is a "yellow" version which has stronger perks on it. Simply put, this gun shreds. It would probably have the best DPS in the game by far if the magazine weren't so small. You can also get the blueprints for this in the raid as well from the black chests. I don't have a full list of weapons from the raid, but I'm assuming there is probably a similar gun to the 416 Shorty Brown or whatever its called. I've found a MK-17 Shorty and a M4 shotgun shorty as well.

So yes, they are "in game", but they are in game in such a way that you might not ever be able to acquire them unless you can find a group to do the raid with that can actually clear the bosses. The raid bosses aren't difficult, but they aren't terribly forgiving either. Mechanically, you can easily figure out what has to be done but actual execution is a separate matter.
I didn't like the special weapons in the game much, the ones that bosses dropped. I didn't even know about the guns you refer to. I used a TAC-50 and a Tavor both regular version for almost the entire game. And occasionally would borrow a shotgun when I had to go inside bunkers. The sniper rifle with the sniper class is super effective against helicopters. With the armor buster ability it takes 2-3 shots to down the reinforcements chopper, it's so easy in fact that I entirely stopped caring about radio soldiers in bases. Let em call reinforcements. And any flying drone is a one shot with it also.

I never played an actual raid in the game, I don't do multiplayer, but accidentally stumbled on the raid island by flying there. I just wanted to explore, but the game wouldn't let me.

You have to destroy his drones, you can only hurt him after all the drones are destroyed. Then he dies from 4-5 point blank shotgun blasts.
I went up the the stairs on the south west corner (directly left from where you enter the room) of the room and camped there, he doesn't follow you there. And when I disposed of the actual wave of wolves I ducked out to snipe at his drones. Repeated this until all were destroyed.
But be careful sometimes 2 wolves spawn from the door on top of the staircase there.

I saw that but unfortunately he does come up the stairs. I can throw an EMP to disable the drones temporarily, too. It just gets frentic and even with the prepping stat boosters for cooking it's just too much too fast. What a PITA this fight is.

I'm using TAC and TAVOR the most myself.

Any tips for beating Walker? I'm checking the Internet, too. That's brutal. It's a bunch of BS. I can't beat him.

416 Scout is my fav weapon. It's obtained from reaching rank 10 medic. GREAT DMR with 30 rounds and good damage. I took the drones out quickly and then it takes nothing to kill Walker. If you're really having trouble, find another person to join your party. I helped someone do it and Walker glitched out around his corpse after killing him and I was able to take him down without him even looking in my direction, was kinda funny.

like this
So I haven't played much beyond the first mission yet, and I saved the serial killer dude..

But does this game not have AI party members like in wildlands? I don't mind the change, but they don't make certain things very clear in this game.

I used the M4A1 and the TAC-50 until I got the Scorpio Scout. Then I used those two almost exclusively for the bulk of my play through. Once I got the MK-14 Assault, the need for a more traditional DMR or a sniper rifle diminished greatly. So now, I rarely use them. I snipe with my MK-14 Assault and I do sweeps and clears with it and or an M4 Shorty or M4 Assault. If need something with a greater sustained fire rate, the Stoner LMG is the best choice. If I do need a sniper rifle, it's again to the TAC-50 or the Scorpio Scout. The Scorpio Scout is a DMR so it fires as fast as a DMR, but they let it keep the same damage per shot values as the regular Scorpio which is up there. It's not quite as strong as a TAC-50, but it makes up for that with fire rate. I've also used the MK-14 a lot as a primary weapon. With the dual range site, it works very well pulling double duty as an ASR or a DMR.

Guns like the G36 and Tavor, I like in real life but they suck ass in this game. While they are more than capable of killing the human units in the game, they suck when it comes to raw DPS. This becomes an apparent issue where the harder targets are concerned or when using the run and gun play style I often employ. They are basically useless for DPS in the raid and suck against Behemoths and the smaller rolling drones or even the automatic turrets. Those are where a guns DPS differences start to matter. Something like the G36 especially, becomes a liability due to their relatively high time to kill. The only saving grace is that their accuracy and low recoil sometimes make up for this. But, if you can master the higher recoiling guns like the MK-14 or the M4A1, they are far more effective against targets due to their low TTK. For example, a single magazine from an M4A1 with the extended magazine option will put down a rolling drone with rounds to spare. You don't need to EMP it or anything. Just shoot and move on with your life.

While the game doesn't explicitly state this, there are a few guns that effectively cross classes. These guns basically feel like cheating because they are so good. The MK-14 Assault is technically a DMR, but crosses into the assault class. Instead of being kind of bad at one or the other, it strangely excels at both. The Scorpio Scout is the same way. It's a DMR, but it excels as a sniper rifle. In fact, it's slow for a DMR so it's better as a sniper rifle and better than anything short of the TAC-50 for that reason. The TAC-50 and M82 excel in raw power. This comes into play with certain targets.

In contrast, you have some weapons that are really jacks of all trades and masters of none. These weapons can do everything, but mostly, they excel at their original purpose but do so well enough to cross over. The standard MK-14 and G28's are DMR's, but they are versatile enough that you could theoretically use them as your only weapon regardless of what you are doing. You can snipe, use them as a DMR or use them at close range so long as you have the dual sight option. But, these guns feel like the hamper you slightly when used outside their original purpose. Where as the MK-14 Assault doesn't. It doesn't feel like less of a DMR or less of an ASR. It beats most guns at both jobs hands down. If the game allowed you to place an actual scope on it, there would be no need for another gun outside of LMG's for big drones or raid bosses.

So I haven't played much beyond the first mission yet, and I saved the serial killer dude..

But does this game not have AI party members like in wildlands? I don't mind the change, but they don't make certain things very clear in this game.

No, you do not have AI Squad Mates. You actually have less equipment and less help here than in Wildlands. You don't have allies that can drop vehicles wherever and whenever you want them. You don't have factions that are loyal to you you can call on. No air strikes. No backup troops. No team members for sync shots. Although, you do have disposable sync shot drones if you need them.

The game makes very little clear. It has a high learning curve unfortunately. It's fun and generally worth it though.

like this
To be fair, even in real life a Colt Carbine & M4A1 (14.5'' config) are far superior to a G36..

No, you do not have AI Squad Mates. You actually have less equipment and less help here than in Wildlands. You don't have allies that can drop vehicles wherever and whenever you want them. You don't have factions that are loyal to you you can call on. No air strikes. No backup troops. No team members for sync shots. Although, you do have disposable sync shot drones if you need them.

The game makes very little clear. It has a high learning curve unfortunately. It's fun and generally worth it though.

Yeah, i'm fine with all of that. I'm enjoying these changes from wildlands.

I just wish there was more content now that I've finished all of the main missions. Really no desire to play PVP or do the leftover faction quests once I finished the main content and DLC.

Thinking about picking up Red Dead and giving that a shot. Not sure where else to go at this point.

Two bugs i'm having pretty often that are pretty annoying..

1.) When the game starts sometimes it's like the GPU stays stuck in a lower power mode and the game runs at a 50% reduced FPS, have to alt-tab to fix.

Edit - 50% GPU utilization Bug only happens with g-sync + v-sync forced enabled in the NVCP. Resolved by turning V-Sync to application controlled.

2.) Happens a lot, the drone just refuses to deploy. It's not a cool-down issue. The only thing that fixes the problem is to restart the game or have an enemy detect me. It's super frustrating.

Last edited:
The drone refusing to deploy is one I've encountered only once. I saw it in Wildlands too. It should be fixed but isn't. A friend of mine has encountered the drone bug several times in co-op while we've been playing. I've only encountered it in co-op and never in single player.

The drone refusing to deploy is one I've encountered only once. I saw it in Wildlands too. It should be fixed but isn't. A friend of mine has encountered the drone bug several times in co-op while we've been playing. I've only encountered it in co-op and never in single player.

It's happened to me a few times in SP.

I'm largely in agreement with a lot of the DLC criticisms mentioned in the last few pages but I want to again plug the Sam Fisher missions. This content is excellent. I would be very happy for more content along these lines without hesitation if Ubisoft wants to be smart.

Unfortunately, they've been too busy trying to back track on some design decisions and fix a lot of issues to create much in the way of additional content befitting something that's supposed to be a live service type of game.

like this
I'm just glad I waited to play this thing. I don't know how it was at release, but for my $7 this month of UPlay+ it gives me access to everything. The game runs great, looks great, and there is plenty of content to play through. Although generally, I enjoy taking down bases regardless if there is a mission attached or not.

I'm largely in agreement with a lot of the DLC criticisms mentioned in the last few pages but I want to again plug the Sam Fisher missions. This content is excellent. I would be very happy for more content along these lines without hesitation if Ubisoft wants to be smart.
The quality is irrelevant, the problem with live service is that the content is too broken up. Like watching a movie in weekly 10 minute parts. I can't enjoy it that way.

My message to every publisher: Make the content, I buy it, then I finish it at my own schedule. That's the deal, or GTFO.
Not, I pay a fee up front, then you release some content at your leisure, and schedule. This is the readers digest of the gaming industry, the lowest of the low of business models.

I've been loving the game thoroughly after my friends recommend it to me. Way better than dealing with the rehashed BS of Division 2. I almost have my xp level maxed & I'm working my way up with leveling as an engineer. With the gear score turned off, I've had a blast at even beating Wolves. Now I just need to level up my favorite weapons since they don't allow mk level carryover (grr...), which means I might have to turn on gear score just to break down enough weapons...

The quality is irrelevant, the problem with live service is that the content is too broken up. Like watching a movie in weekly 10 minute parts. I can't enjoy it that way.

My message to every publisher: Make the content, I buy it, then I finish it at my own schedule. That's the deal, or GTFO.
Not, I pay a fee up front, then you release some content at your leisure, and schedule. This is the readers digest of the gaming industry, the lowest of the low of business models.

Unfortunately, with development times on games these days you probably aren't going to get your wish. Ever. Your only choice for a game like this would be to wait the three years of the game's life cycle and then play all the content that was ever released long after everyone else has finished it and moved on. There are some problems with this idea, but maybe they aren't a deal breaker for you. If you wait to play a game like Breakpoint until it's basically over, then you will miss out on any live event types of content. In my opinion, this game is best experienced co-op with friends. If you play it years after everyone else has basically moved on, then you will quite probably be playing it alone.

I wish content releases were more frequent, but sadly, with this game I think the developers have been too busy trying to fix the game to put out content for it at the speed they need to for something they want to treat as a live service type of experience. To be honest, I don't think Ubisoft knows how to do that properly, but then again I haven't played the Division games. Based on what I've seen from Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Ubisoft hasn't a clue.

Unfortunately, with development times on games these days you probably aren't going to get your wish. Ever. Your only choice for a game like this would be to wait the three years of the game's life cycle and then play all the content that was ever released long after everyone else has finished it and moved on. There are some problems with this idea, but maybe they aren't a deal breaker for you. If you wait to play a game like Breakpoint until it's basically over, then you will miss out on any live event types of content. In my opinion, this game is best experienced co-op with friends. If you play it years after everyone else has basically moved on, then you will quite probably be playing it alone.

I wish content releases were more frequent, but sadly, with this game I think the developers have been too busy trying to fix the game to put out content for it at the speed they need to for something they want to treat as a live service type of experience. To be honest, I don't think Ubisoft knows how to do that properly, but then again I haven't played the Division games. Based on what I've seen from Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Ubisoft hasn't a clue.

IMHO, Massive looked like they had a clue with Div1 after many issues & fan desertion. Div1 was great but totally lacked any new story content. Div2 is like watching the issues happen all over again from Div1 but with more story content. Massive appears to have total amnesia about everything & just keeps focusing on nerfs & rehashing of content. At the very least, the GRB devs are fixing things for the better which has me appreciating it very much. GRB has absolutely replaced Div2 as my go to game for fun exploration & fast action.

I'm not interested in live events either. They are designed into pressuring you to play whether you want or not because of fear of missing out. It's like a subscription. If I would pay for uplay+ that would pressure me into playing games to not let the subscription go to waste whether I want to or not.
That is why I rigidly oppose any live service, live event, subscription or anything else where I have to adjust my schedule to others, and that is part of the reason why I no longer play online. Yes despite my current stance on online games, I used to do it a lot during the early to mid 2000s. But I got tired of having to play when others wanted to.

And that's why I have zero interest in playing this coop. It's get off my lawn, I can't be dealing with other people in my game. The only problem I found playing Breakpoint solo is that I can't use turrets on vehicles while driving.

I'm not interested in live events either. They are designed into pressuring you to play whether you want or not because of fear of missing out. It's like a subscription. If I would pay for uplay+ that would pressure me into playing games to not let the subscription go to waste whether I want to or not.
That is why I rigidly oppose any live service, live event, subscription or anything else where I have to adjust my schedule to others, and that is part of the reason why I no longer play online. Yes despite my current stance on online games, I used to do it a lot during the early to mid 2000s. But I got tired of having to play when others wanted to.

And that's why I have zero interest in playing this coop. It's get off my lawn, I can't be dealing with other people in my game. The only problem I found playing Breakpoint solo is that I can't use turrets on vehicles while driving.

While I can agree with a lot of what you've said, the game is absolutely fantastic in co-op mode. I have far more fun in Wildlands and Breakpoint when playing with my friends. All of which, I know in real life. It's fun and things get way more interesting when you mix people of varying skill into the missions. A lot of missions I could complete alone using stealth go sideways in a few seconds. However, fighting your way out of those situations is a lot easier with a full fire team.

I've also really enjoyed the raid despite it having major quality of life issues with its design. You can do this with random people, but I can't imagine you'd actually succeed doing that. With friends, its fun. I don't like the live service model much either and I certainly don't like time gated events that disappear past a certain window. I'm having those issues with Destiny 2 as it is. So, I get that.

While I can agree with a lot of what you've said, the game is absolutely fantastic in co-op mode. I have far more fun in Wildlands and Breakpoint when playing with my friends. All of which, I know in real life. It's fun and things get way more interesting when you mix people of varying skill into the missions. A lot of missions I could complete alone using stealth go sideways in a few seconds. However, fighting your way out of those situations is a lot easier with a full fire team.

I've also really enjoyed the raid despite it having major quality of life issues with its design. You can do this with random people, but I can't imagine you'd actually succeed doing that. With friends, its fun. I don't like the live service model much either and I certainly don't like time gated events that disappear past a certain window. I'm having those issues with Destiny 2 as it is. So, I get that.
Well the friends I used to play with back then are either long abandoned gaming or moved to different continents.
And somehow none of the new friends I picked up in the past 15 years are gamers so I'm practically in isolation.
The last game I played with timed events was Defiance, the tie in game for the series.

I will say this game is brilliant coop with a group of real friends. Taking down a base that is fully manned with elites is some of the most fun i've had playing a game multiplayer in a very long time. It reminds me of playing the old Delta Force games with friends, or even a little bit of Planetside.

That final boss situation for the Terminator side mission is absurd. I did beat Walker and I guess I'm done with the game for the most part. I've enjoyed it.

My only big complaint with the game right now is that I wish they'd put like a random mission generator in that would allow you to run non-raid daily type missions as much as you wanted. Currently, there is only one elite daily quest per day, and as soon as you finish that you've got nothing until the next day. This would really extend the life of this game.

like this
I wasn't bothered by their lack of being there in the first place. I can't say I'm super excited to see this addition.

I was bothered initially by them not being included after spending quite a bit of time with wildlands. But I got over it and played all the way through breakpoint. I'm not going to go back and play the entire game with AI companions now though.

I wasn't bothered by their lack of being there in the first place. I can't say I'm super excited to see this addition.
Yeah, I already played Narco Road, so this was not an issue. Of course the game would've been easier if I could just use sync shot all the time.

When I played Wildlands, I found myself relying on my AI teammates alot with the sync shots. I'm aware of the drone sync shot in Break Point but it's not the same thing. Having the AI teammates help but sometimes they make things a bit too easy IMO.

Already played through BP, might give it another go with AI Teammates, we'll see.

I never finished the game might be time to jump back I always felt overwhelmed by just solo play. I hope I can use my same save file.

I could see doing a new game plus situation with max difficulty and AI squad.

Back