Ubisoft did a survey among players

On how to "fix" the game. Apparently the most requested features were:
  • AI Team mates
  • remove tiered loot and gear score
  • better enemy AI
  • remove online requirement for solo play
  • fix vehicle handling
  • survivel elements that actually matter
They also polled what additional content players wanted, and more campaign content won by a landslide.

If they go trough with everything the game might actually be worth having, a year or so later. Since I liked Narco Road, I'd be fine without the ai team if they did the rest well.

They'll give us bullet point 1 and 4 at best. AI team mates are coming, just later due to the big backlash. Online requirement may go to try and grab a few offline players when the game is old. Don't see them changing the rest.

Ubi is taking the game back to the drawing board and rebuilding it from scratch, basically (FFXIV style). I'll probably just ignore it for a year or two to see what comes of it.

Ubi is taking the game back to the drawing board and rebuilding it from scratch, basically (FFXIV style). I'll probably just ignore it for a year or two to see what comes of it.
What is the point? Why penny pinch and rush out a game in the first place and you think you will throw a ton of money afterwards to fix it? Game will be dead if it isn't already. People would of long moved on by then. Should just learn from it out the money towards a new project. Fuck this gaming as a service crap. First impression means a lot and if you release a buggy POS game then chances of recovering or people waiting for you to fix it is slim. How is it working out for Anthem and fallout 76? They are the butt of all jokes the past year. No significant progress has been made on either games. It even regressed in Fallout 76 case.

What is the point? Why penny pinch and rush out a game in the first place and you think you will throw a ton of money afterwards to fix it? Game will be dead if it isn't already. People would of long moved on by then. Should just learn from it out the money towards a new project. Fuck this gaming as a service crap. First impression means a lot and if you release a buggy POS game then chances of recovering or people waiting for you to fix it is slim. How is it working out for Anthem and fallout 76? They are the butt of all jokes the past year. No significant progress has been made on either games. It even regressed in Fallout 76 case.
Holy shit, I think I've seen you complain in literally every thread.

This is probably the cleanest and easiest answer. There is only so much that can be done post release for any title.

It's a shame. This game simply needed a few more months in the cooker and I think it would have been better all the way around. Developers need to stop rushing these titles to meet a deadline come hell or high water.

The setting of this game isn't as grand as Bolivia was that place had life this setting just seems fake unless it's because I'm skipping over everything with a Helicopter.

I am enjoying this wayyyyyyy more than Wildlands. I do purposely limit my use of the heli though.

This is probably the cleanest and easiest answer. There is only so much that can be done post release for any title.

It's a shame. This game simply needed a few more months in the cooker and I think it would have been better all the way around. Developers need to stop rushing these titles to meet a deadline come hell or high water.

I agree. I wonder though if it was more of a publisher pushing them? It happens a lot in the industry.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I am enjoying this wayyyyyyy more than Wildlands. I do purposely limit my use of the heli though.

It was quite the opposite for me. I played the shit out of Wildlands. I played Breakpoint a lot initially, but got bored of it quickly. I never bothered to finish the main campaign and running around isn't nearly as much fun in this game.

My biggest gripe right now with the game is the scope bug. I'll be playing for a bit with sniper rifle and then it wont let you use the scope zoomed in. Stuck in a third person perspective only which makes it completely unusable. Only way to clear it is log out to desktop and then log back in. Sucks when it happens right in the middle of a mission and that's usually when it happens. The thing about these bugs is that they are clearly evident if you spend a little time playing. So somebody def made the concious decision to push it out unfinished bugs and all. The head developer is obviously at fault but there was probably a good chance the publisher was breathing down his neck as well I imagine or why do it? Fix the bugs and it would be a pretty good game.

Holy shit, I think I've seen you complain in literally every thread.

He's right though. Open world games are getting frustratingly lazy these days, and Ubisoft is one of the largest offenders. All that seems to happen anymore is build a big game world and throw in some half-assed RPG mechanics and call it a game. Breakpoint exemplifies this perfectly, as does the last Far Cry game (and to a lesser extent FC5 and the last Assassins Creed). These games are the result of trying to milk a franchise for everything it's worth with annual releases. They are boiled down to their most basic components and rushed out the door with a lot of marketing buzzwords to make you think you are getting a real RPG. Compare to games that actually had effort put into them, like Witcher 3. Nearly 5 years old now, still selling, still being played, still relevant, still a benchmark for quality. You can be certain Cyberpunk will be the same, because CDPR seems to genuinely care about their craft, not just their bottom line.

I eagerly await the day Ubisoft's model collapses upon them, and they try their hand at making good games again. They have money, they have talent, and they have some very good IPs. An Assassins Creed game with the thoroughness and care of TW3 could be an absolute masterpiece. I hope some day I get to see it.

Not as Epic as the Predator =)
I mean the Predator had that music going for it
No idea what the requirements are for starting this added content was wondering what that big patch was for the other day.

https://worthplaying.com/article/2020/1/30/reviews/117870/

copy paste--
\
After you complete the first major mission and gain access to the hidden base in Erewhon, you'll be able to access the event by talking to Maria. She wants you to rescue a woman who successfully fought drones and is no longer a prisoner of Sentinel forces. Once you find this woman, she claims that she's from the future and must develop a special weapon to stop an army of T-800s — who were sent back in time to wipe out everyone on the island.

Update: Patch is about 21 gigs damn was going to play it right away guess I have to wait.

Last edited:

Not as Epic as the Predator =)
I mean the Predator had that music going for it
No idea what the requirements are for starting this added content was wondering what that big patch was for the other day.

https://worthplaying.com/article/2020/1/30/reviews/117870/

copy paste--
\
After you complete the first major mission and gain access to the hidden base in Erewhon, you'll be able to access the event by talking to Maria. She wants you to rescue a woman who successfully fought drones and is no longer a prisoner of Sentinel forces. Once you find this woman, she claims that she's from the future and must develop a special weapon to stop an army of T-800s — who were sent back in time to wipe out everyone on the island.

Update: Patch is about 21 gigs damn was going to play it right away guess I have to wait.

The predator mission was stupid. This is equally stupid. Wildlands and Breakpoint are an embarrassment to the Ghost Recon franchise. Sorry if I sound bitter, but Ubisoft has ruined so many once great franchises. It makes me grumpy.

I can't even get the game to launch trying to verify files...

I loved the Predator mission LOL great stuff.

I got it working found a fix that showed how to delete some cache files for the launcher. Other people had the same problem.

DLC is awesome just as good as the Predator DLC maybe not as intense. Not even sure if quest is finished it think it's on for a few months.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2020-1-30-17-0-56.jpg

Armor is exposed after you throw a few gernades at him or get him with the future plama rifle.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2020-1-30-17-16-16.jpg

Terminator face paint from the shop

So they have been working on this gimmick, instead of getting the game in shape?

From being a squad based tactical shooter to a game with... Terminators and Predators. A good Terminator and Predator game would be nice though.

From being a squad based tactical shooter to a game with... Terminators and Predators. A good Terminator and Predator game would be nice though.
According to all sources terminator resistance is pretty good for a non-AAA title.

Believe it or not its my first Ghost Recon game I have ever played. I like it a lot except for the bugs. If they would fix them it'd be a pretty decent game. The game just isn't polished enough. They pushed it out too soon. Publisher probably forced them. Not a good excuse but its all too common in games last 10 years or so.

Believe it or not its my first Ghost Recon game I have ever played. I like it a lot except for the bugs. If they would fix them it'd be a pretty decent game. The game just isn't polished enough. They pushed it out too soon. Publisher probably forced them. Not a good excuse but its all too common in games last 10 years or so.
What? Ubisoft is Ubisoft, they are self published. If the "the publisher forced us" excuse ever doesn't work it is in this case.

If you never played any game just play wildlands instead, it is the same basic concept sans the RPG bullshit and with an actually living world instead of a lifeless wasteland with random enemy spawns.

I played Wildlands and liked it. I got this free with either a CPU or video card and I have to uninstall it and reinstall it or else it will just crash on start occasionally. No idea what the problem is. Just started when I swapped out my 3800x for a 3600x.

At this rate, I might try the Division 2 since it's $3 right now.

Try verifying the files if you haven't yet. That was what fixed it for me.

Yeah, I tried that. It's just a strange issue. I tried running other games and they work so it isn't a video card issue. Might have to memtest my RAM just to double check something didn't get screwed up when I swapped in the different CPU.

I actually got it working, and then after a uPlay update and a Nvidia driver update...broken again. Last time I went into My Documents and deleted the Ghost Recon directory from My Games. I figured my save was in the cloud, and maybe that would help fix the issue. It did for about 2 weeks, and now it's broken again. Figures...just as I was going to go kill Cole Walker.

Oh well...my just say F it and try The Division 2 since it was $3.

Edit: So my "go to" fix is to uninstall the game, delete the My Games directory for Breakpoint, redownload the game, and then play...everytime I update the Nvidia drivers. I actually switched to a RX 5700 for kicks and no issues...go figure.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. I skipped the game and Wildlands, but after getting into the The Division 2 this is tempting a bit. Admittedly I love the city setting of The Division more though.

like this
So they are finally making the game the way it was supposed to be from the beginning. If they did that from the start they'd have avoided the entire backlash.

So a few months more and they'll add AI teammates and then maybe, I'll buy it.

like this
So they are finally making the game the way it was supposed to be from the beginning. If they did that from the start they'd have avoided the entire backlash.

So a few months more and they'll add AI teammates and then maybe, I'll buy it.

I played through both wildlands and breakpoint and I didn't miss the AI teammates as much as I thought I would. You can beat the whole game without them.

I played through both wildlands and breakpoint and I didn't miss the AI teammates as much as I thought I would. You can beat the whole game without them.
I know, I played Narco Road, in which you don't have an ai team, and it's very different. I enjoyed both, but having ai team was a good mechanic and part of what made Wildlands stand out at first. So they'd better put it back.

Anyone knows if the immersive mode update will be available in the standard edition too, or only for season pass holders?

Anyone knows if the immersive mode update will be available in the standard edition too, or only for season pass holders?

My understanding was that it was for everybody. I have the standard edition (came with processor or video card) and that's how I read all the internet press about the new update. Supposedly launching 3/24.

Its €19.95 now, so I was thinking of buying it. I'd wait for the update to play it but IDK how long the discount lasts.

Its €19.95 now, so I was thinking of buying it. I'd wait for the update to play it but IDK how long the discount lasts.

I did the same bought it now for $19.99 and will wait until update to play it. If mechanically they can bring it back to way the wildlands was (without loot component) then it may be a good deal for us original Wildland fans.

Per Reddit, no new save required. You can turn it on and off at will.
Hey! You certainly will be able to. It's an option you will be able to toggle on and off and you won't need to create a new save in order to do so. Thanks for checking!

https://www.reddit.com/r/GhostRecon/comments/fnnyha/tom_clancys_ghost_recon_breakpoint_patch_notes/

See link for complete notes
Ghosts,
Below you will find the new features, bug fixes, balancing, and improvements that are coming to Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint with Title Update 2.0.0 on Tuesday, March 24.
We couldn’t have done this without your continued feedback and support! We look forward to hearing your thoughts, so make sure to join the discussion on the official Ghost Recon Forums and the community Reddit.

Patch Size and Download Information
Please note: Whether you purchased a digital or a physical edition of the game, you will need to download the patch before playing. The size of the patch depends on your platform, region, and preferred language.
  • Xbox One: 30 GB
  • PlayStation®4 system: 17 GB
  • PC: 15.5 GB
The patch on Xbox One does not contain any additional content.
We have updated our Known Issues list as well with TU 2.0.0.
New Features
The Ghost Experience
  • Introducing the brand-new Ghost Experience! Pick one of our pre-selected settings or modify parameters to create the unique experience you want. Right when you boot up the game, you will be able to choose from two preset options or build your own combination:
    • Regular Experience: Play Ghost Recon Breakpoint the way it was released, with gear level and tiered loot.
    • Immersive Experience: A brand-new experience of the game that removes gear level and tiered loot entirely and offers new tactical options.
    • Custom Experience: Choose your own selection of settings to create a personalized fit.
You’ll be able to choose from a variety of community-requested settings, such as stamina management, health regen, new HUD settings, and more!
For additional information on the Ghost Experience, check out our dedicated article here.
Classes
  • Two new classes are added in TU 2.0.0:
Players with the Year 1 Pass will have exclusive access to both classes starting on March 24 for one week.
Gameplay & Adventure
Year 1 pass content – if you don’t own the Year 1 pass you can join a friend who does own it in co-op to complete the entire adventure. However, only Year 1 pass owners will receive the exclusive adventure rewards.
  • New missions, cinematics, and dialogue. Expand the original story with the new Adventure: Deep State!
  • New iconic locations.
  • New gameplay mechanics and elements.
  • New Faction missions.
  • And more!
New Gunsmith Options
  • Most assault rifles will now be able to equip short barrel options (some ASR models have been omitted as their real-life counterparts do not have short barrel options).
  • TA31H added to 27 weapons with emphasis on assault rifles.
  • New suppressor customization:
    • New muzzle option added in the muzzle list.
    • Players can manually apply 3D visuals to it.
    • Paint options are locked for those options.

Also free trial is to start 26th of course the day after the sale ends.

Last edited:
Also free trial is to start 26th of course the day after the sale ends.

Of course.

So basically this game is finally going to be finished and made into what it should have been all along?

Back