Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint

I guess the game launches at Midnight tonight for those peons not wanting the 100.00+ version of the game like myself.

First thing I did was remove my backpack and gun harness and put on a Hoodie created a female character but she doesn't look very female. Not many options for long hair in the game.

What the Hell I hope this game isn't that bad. I just got past the char selection.

It isn't. While I don't condone Ubisoft's monetization tactics, the game is pretty good. At least, speaking of the single player aspects of the game. I don't have any interest in Ghost War, so I can't speak to the "Pay to Win" aspect of it. I assume it's like Battlefield and Call of Duty. Essentially, you can earn everything in game, but it will take forever, all the while you get your ass handed to you by the people who spent $100 or more up front to unlock everything on day one. This is a huge reason why I ignore those elements of the game.

Sad to see all the problems but not suprising from my time in the betas. The gear score stuff is solely in the game to promote micro-transactions. I predict $30 or less by the holiday sales in two months.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Sad to see all the problems but not suprising from my time in the betas. The gear score stuff is solely in the game to promote micro-transactions. I predict $30 or less by the holiday sales in two months.
Gear Score? Using the worst elements of The Division 2 it sounds like.

apart from the server downtime a few hours first day. so far i like it. story is better then wildlands so far, graphics seems about the same or slight worse, it seems a bit washed out and not as clear. but still great graphics. so far not encountered any bugs or anomalities, but cover can get a bit wonky otherwise same feel like wildlands but id say stealth game is a step up in difficulty. another thing is menu's are wonky as hell, and navigating to discover/read items seems prety pointless and just clumsy.

not sure how the "p2w" mechanics were as they removed it on launch, clever boys at rockstar deliberately kept it out of the game until review periods were over, but that was probably just cosmetics.

i really dont see how actually unlocking weapons and items ingame is a problem like ppl say it is, that is one aspect i always liked about battlefield f.ex, given that it is a fair time to unlock something, games already had that, battlefield had full weapon unlocks since bf3, paid that is. didnt really matter to me but today it's something ppl complain over suddenly. it's only pay 2 win if it is heavily timegated or unique benefits. i guess it set a bad standard to accept p2w mechanics, and it could potentially spiral out of control.

going to keep playing tonight.

Actually, just like Wildlands you can buy weapon unlocks straight from the cash shop. You can earn them in game, but obviously at a slower rate. I don't know if these are all usable in PvP, but in the single player game, you can absolutely pay to fast track your unlocks.

BsPeJCj.gif

"If a game sells you time savers then its admitting its a bad game and places a monetary value on you not playing it"

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't see the appeal of this game. Every lets play i've watched it looks fairly bad, even if you remove the technical issues. It just looks tedious, period.

Gear Score? Using the worst elements of The Division 2 it sounds like.

No, gearscore generally makes sense in Div2. In Breakpoint it is often pointless (just headshot people) and tedious as you are constantly getting new weapons. In the tech demo I didn't even know I'd gotten a pistol upgrade for about an hour. The UI doesn't help this problem.

for me it was. had alot of fun yesterday, and some frustration trying to clear out a bunker with 3 entrances drone outside, the twitchy one. and 2 of those drone cars :p couldnt really find a way to kill it without alerting everyone, but i went in a tunnel that was more or less unguarded, still packed inside tho. there is quite some issues with cover i will say, and enteringn buildings is some of the harder things to do cause hard to rly scope it or use cover to look around corners, enemies to me look like they can shoot through cover, and they will if there are any cracks or opening kill you through it. most times i break silence just trying to find a place i cant get flanked, somewhere i could move from also, and not using cover as it just makes it harder. sasg 12 cleared them out but.
just doing missions and never really had to care for the level im around 85-90 now, probs reach 200 without doing much extra.
but yeah, that bunker took some deep breaths to stay sane :p but i couldnt let it beat me either. im on advanced or smh, not the hardest but, before it. playing lone wolf, fck online :p still going to enjoy playing more tonight.

Last edited:
this game worth buying at full price?

I enjoyed the betas enough that I felt it was worth it. Plus, I got enough play time out of Wildlands to justify it. I know this is a different game, but it's similar in enough respects that I felt confident in the game as a good buy. However, I wouldn't necessarily advise going for one of the more expensive editions. I don't know if its that good. I'll know when I get to play more of it one of these days. I've not really sat down and played the game for more than a few minutes after it went live. I simply haven't had the time. What little time I have had for games has been spent on Destiny 2, as I raid in that game so I had to get up to speed with my gear and light level.

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint review

A tedious open world tactical shooter...The quality of the storytelling is generally poor, but the real issue is how insistent it is upon its own misplaced importance...Across Breakpoint’s 30-40 hours, you’ll sit through reams upon reams of tedious, sometimes laughable dialogue...Ghost Recon: Breakpoint is a bizarre Frankenstein’s monster of a shooter, functional in a basic sense, but fundamentally at odds with every second of its own existence...

Score: 40

https://www.pcgamer.com/ghost-recon-breakpoint-review/

My current address has wifi 100Mb internet instead of 3Mb like I had the last year? Which one is better the last one or this one?

Wildlands is the better game today. No question. However, when Wildlands launch it was a broken pile of crap. It didn't have the amount of content it has now either. Wildlands was a game you could tell had some things to offer, but it was so badly executed I stopped playing it for a year. After a year, it was absolutely one of the best games I'd played in recent memory. I think after the outrage dies down and Breakpoint gets some patching and quality of life improvements, it will be more well received.

Wildlands is the better game today. No question. However, when Wildlands launch it was a broken pile of crap. It didn't have the amount of content it has now either. Wildlands was a game you could tell had some things to offer, but it was so badly executed I stopped playing it for a year. After a year, it was absolutely one of the best games I'd played in recent memory. I think after the outrage dies down and Breakpoint gets some patching and quality of life improvements, it will be more well received.
Cool wildlands it is then! I hate paying full price but who knows when the next sale is. I really enjoyed the division series and im guessing it should have similar quality's.

Cool wildlands it is then! I hate paying full price but who knows when the next sale is. I really enjoyed the division series and im guessing it should have similar quality's.

Breakpoint is more similar to the Division. Wildlands has some similarities with Breakpoint, but its not a looter shooter like the latter game or the Division are.

i would buy it again lol :p think ppl are quick to shoot down this game. ppl are prety triggerhappy on the internet TBH... and once the hatewagon starts rolling, all the little trolls jump on it. it is not red dead 2... but it is not a bad game. wildlands might be more refined, but it should consider it have been out for years now. if u expect a red dead 2 game everytime, u will sadly get disapointed every time almost.

I really dislike this live-service trend of "just want 6-12 months and it will be a good game". After Anthem I'm done buying that defense for live-service games.

I really dislike this live-service trend of "just want 6-12 months and it will be a good game". After Anthem I'm done buying that defense for live-service games.

If they aren't good at release they'll never be good. By the time they could be good the player base falls off so fast that any potential for being good is lost because they move the team off to a new title since the old one can't make enough money.

It's a vicious cycle, and I can't understand why people keep buying this crap.

There are some games that do it well. Destiny 2 does a good job of it. I haven't played anything else that really did, but I'm sure they exist.

There are some games that do it well. Destiny 2 does a good job of it. I haven't played anything else that really did, but I'm sure they exist.
You see, I don't think they do. At best they make something passable from a total disaster. Live service is a plague, and even if it works well I don't want it.

I expect to play a game for a few month at tops with a few exceptions. After I finish the main game there is zero reason for me to stay around. And live service dripping content one mission every two months won't change that. In fact it only annoys me. I did none of the quests in AC:Odyssey that were added as a live service later. I also haven't done any of the live service missions in Wildlands. I can't be bothered to re-acquaint myself with a game and its quirks just to do one mission at a time.

Waiting and doing them all at once doesn't work either because there is no cohesion between the added missions, they are wildly varied in theme, and have no storyarc whatsoever in wildlands.

Last edited:
Glad I've started playing with Uplay+...

Remember, this is subjective so: From where the camera sits, to the player movement that doesn't feel comfortable or fluid enough, the UI being pretty sucky, the loot grinding, the antagonist, the hub world, the voice acting... I'm really disappointed. Feels like it needs at least another year or two of development to iron out all of the wrinkles.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2019-10-10-1-16-18.jpg
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint2019-10-10-1-4-13.jpg

I like the game looks awesome on my new Samsung 144hz VA monitor. Controls took a while to get used to had to look up a few of them in the menus playing with a controller.
Ui is probably going to be bad with keyboard and mouse.

Glad I've started playing with Uplay+...

Remember, this is subjective so: From where the camera sits, to the player movement that doesn't feel comfortable or fluid enough, the UI being pretty sucky, the loot grinding, the antagonist, the hub world, the voice acting... I'm really disappointed. Feels like it needs at least another year or two of development to iron out all of the wrinkles.

Thats a shame. Wildlands was fun overall though less Ghost Recon more run and gun but it was enjoyable for what it was (other than multi player). This one just never grabbed me with the story or the video clips. Was hoping it would be decent as a continuation to Wildlands would be fun since did some interesting things for parts of the story.

Oh well.

You can sit back and relax nothing wrong with not crossing the bones in your forearm and leaning over a keyboard. Driving sucks with keyboard and mouse I tried that with Wildlands you can sit back from the screen I plan on ordering that new X-BOX elite controller when it comes out.

Back