Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint

I registered, but I didn't pre-order. I do not pre-order games. It doesn't make sense to pre-order something with infinite quantities due to digital distribution. Most of the in-game digital goods you get will either be made available to you at a later date or you'll quit using them after the first week or two anyway.

https://gamertweak.com/ghost-recon-breakpoint-ai-teammates-solo/

OK I'm not totally sure if this is true but I guess at E3 they announced AI Teamates for solo play. I'll see if I can find a video on this and I would purchase the game if that was the case.
Really didn't want to hang around with myself and a drone =) I did do a little online with other players but it was very early on in the game when I played.

Last edited:

This a a Drone Boss a new type of enemy in the game they are using the Anvil Next 2.0 engine for this game same engine for recent Assassin Creed games. You can see the Drone at about 23:00

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

Crafting in game and survival you can take a water bottle and fill it up with water in a creek how cool is that? LOL

https://gamertweak.com/ghost-recon-breakpoint-ai-teammates-solo/

OK I'm not totally sure if this is true but I guess at E3 they announced AI Teamates for solo play. I'll see if I can find a video on this and I would purchase the game if that was the case.
Really didn't want to hang around with myself and a drone =) I did do a little online with other players but it was very early on in the game when I played.

As long as they are smarter than the AI teammates in the last game. It was cool leading a squad but they were all but worthless.

Is this an action game or an action RPG? Does it have skill trees and gear?

like this
Is this an action game or an action RPG? Does it have skill trees and gear?

I have no idea it's just looks awesome it's a upgrade for Ghost Recon Wildlands. Basically it's a campaign sandbox game where you can do whatever quest you want at any given time. The realistic survival aspect is new to this series.

Last edited:
like this

Good video even though I don't agree how the survival aspect doesn't add to immersion it will if your up against a mission in a game.

Wasn't really impressed with the Division 2 but this game looks alot more fun. 12:44 your character slides down the hill part and spits at the end it was brutal. The Rain in this game looks alot more realistic 18:30 stuff like that I like hell with the rest of the game it has good rain and your character isn't immortal.

Last edited:
like this
Someone told me on another forum that they already played an invitation only "alpha". And that the game is terrible. I suspect they might be full of it. Can anyone confirm there was actually an alpha for members of the GP?

Someone told me on another forum that they already played an invitation only "alpha". And that the game is terrible. I suspect they might be full of it. Can anyone confirm there was actually an alpha for members of the GP?

It actually wouldn't surprise me too much. Wildlands was a bug ridden mess when it was released. I found it virtually unplayable at times. I dropped the game for months and then picked up back up after hearing about a bunch of content that came out for it. I was surprised by the state of the game so many months later. Sure, it still has issues once in awhile but its vastly improved and a really good game. Two things. 1.) I bet the game is in a similar state as early Wildlands was. 2.) Some of the newer game play elements like the injury system and what not may not make for the best game play. Those seem simple and cool, but they could be tuned in a way that keeps the game from being fun.

We'll have to wait and see. I am hoping its good.

It actually wouldn't surprise me too much. Wildlands was a bug ridden mess when it was released. I found it virtually unplayable at times. I dropped the game for months and then picked up back up after hearing about a bunch of content that came out for it. I was surprised by the state of the game so many months later. Sure, it still has issues once in awhile but its vastly improved and a really good game. Two things. 1.) I bet the game is in a similar state as early Wildlands was. 2.) Some of the newer game play elements like the injury system and what not may not make for the best game play. Those seem simple and cool, but they could be tuned in a way that keeps the game from being fun.

We'll have to wait and see. I am hoping its good.
I suspect the drone enemies might be extremely annoying, but they said they turned the game into division and shooting / driving / movement all feel much worse than in wildlands. That would be terrible.

I'm really here nor there on the injury system. Interesting ideal, but I've never seen one work out in a game. When their character gets slow and shaky at the most dire moments, players get frustrated and angry. I will still give it a chance, but the assumption that you can find cover and enough time to bandage up will only work if the AI doesn't push aggressively. If the AI doesn't push, players will complain they are stupid and boring. It has always been a catch 22 in the past.

That said, I am looking forward to this game. Of course I was looking forward to Wildlands too, and it turned out to be mediocre at best, so only time will tell. I want early GR & GRAW type gameplay, and they don't build games like that anymore; they don't move fast enough for modern audiences.

They probably didn't drop in all the textures I had a guy at work who told me Wildlands Sucked. but it ended up being a pretty nice game really like the flying in helicopter aspect of the game. Also the Predator mission was more than worth it.

The Predator mission is the single worst thing in the game. It goes invisible then 2 seconds later it appears 200m away. Totally idiotic. That's no fun at all when the enemy is so obviously cheating. I've tried with every conceivable weapon, it's just not happening. There is nothing I can do when it not just has teleport ability but a weapon that is not just can shoot around corners, but even if it hits near you are dead.

The Predator mission is the single worst thing in the game. It goes invisible then 2 seconds later it appears 200m away. Totally idiotic. That's no fun at all when the enemy is so obviously cheating. I've tried with every conceivable weapon, it's just not happening. There is nothing I can do when it not just has teleport ability but a weapon that is not just can shoot around corners, but even if it hits near you are dead.

I put the game on Easy and kicked his butt. I tried Normal a few times I got close but when I put it on easy I got him on the 1st or 2nd try.

like this
I have invites to the Online Technical test coming up. PM me if you're interested.

Invites are all gone... .

Last edited:
I was just coming to ask if anyone else got the Tech Test email. I sent out 3 invites to fellow forum members, if any are declined I will let you know.

like this
I got selected but it's during my work week so not going to try it out.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering who are all these anonymous forum members who never even posted here getting this many invites.

I have invites to the Online Technical test coming up. PM me if you're interested.

Invites are all gone... .

I have 1 invite left to Tech Test (its on now), PM (or friend in uplay) me ubisoft name and I'll friend and sent invite (n3o717 that's me). It starts today (now) and runs till Monday.

Well the Demo was short for me. I'm left handed and it would not let me rebind. I only had about 10 mins before work anyway, so I may mess with it more later. At 4k I was getting 17-18 fps @ medium settings, so there is a metric butt tonne of optimization yet to be done.

like this
Well the Demo was short for me. I'm left handed and it would not let me rebind. I only had about 10 mins before work anyway, so I may mess with it more later. At 4k I was getting 17-18 fps @ medium settings, so there is a metric butt tonne of optimization yet to be done.

SLI doesn't work in this game. If your sig is correct, your running a GTX 980 Ti at 4K. It's not a question of optimization. It's a matter of your hardware not being up to the task. I'm getting 58-71FPS at 3440x1440 using an RTX 2080 Ti. At 4K, I have seen roughly 50-60FPS from a Ryzen 2700X and a 2080 Ti reference card. There may be optimization to do, but it runs decently given its state of completion, graphics quality and the size of the environemnt.

SLI doesn't work in this game. If your sig is correct, your running a GTX 980 Ti at 4K. It's not a question of optimization. It's a matter of your hardware not being up to the task. I'm getting 58-71FPS at 3440x1440 using an RTX 2080 Ti. At 4K, I have seen roughly 50-60FPS from a Ryzen 2700X and a 2080 Ti reference card. There may be optimization to do, but it runs decently given its state of completion, graphics quality and the size of the environemnt.
Is the 2080Ti realistically 4x faster than a 980ti? I don't think so.

After I got home from work I dug into it deeper. The settings were not "Medium" as I had first assumed (most game's default 'optimized' settings are medium in my experience), they were all set to "Very High" with AA and no Resolution scaling. After turning off AA and bumping shadows down to Medium, most everything else to High and adding some scaling, it ran in the 30-40 fps range. I also figured out how to rebind keys, which was a bit unorthodox, but worked nonetheless. I played a couple hours of the game relatively issue free, apart from being choppy and jaggy.

Aside from that, the game felt like Wildlands with some Looter Shooter elements added. Seems as though story may be more important this go around. I did not mess with the AI teammates, but solo required a lot more patience and stealth to succeed where a Squad may have been able to do more guns blazing. Nothing turned me off on the game so far, but I need to get more game time in before I draw any conclusions

I thought the story in WIldlands with the portraits and cut sceensof the bosses were well done. It gave you some direction maybe the Overlord Boss will be the Predator this time around :D

I mean the tech demo was literally alpha state.. It kinda goes without saying things aren't done in this build.

Well, it has potential but the looter-shooter aspects are a turn off. I already have the Division games.

Is the 2080Ti realistically 4x faster than a 980ti? I don't think so.

No, of course it isn't. However, it's considerably faster. That was my point. We are talking about running a brand new, un-optimized, pre-beta stage AAA game at high resolution on hardware that's pretty old at this time. Are the results he experienced with the game on high really all that surprising?

I don't if it's exactly 4x faster, but I went from a 980ti to 2080ti and the difference was massive.

Given the increase from a GTX 980 Ti to a GTX 1080 Ti and then going from that to an RTX 2080 Ti, the difference is utterly ginormous. Anyone who thinks a GTX 980 Ti is remotely ideal for 4K gaming is in denial. At one point, a pair of them was the best option for 4K gaming because nothing faster existed. The 980 Ti was never was good enough on its own for 4K gaming. In SLI? Back then SLI was better supported so yes. They were and still can be good enough in some games for 4K @ 60FPS. However, 1080 Ti's are substantially more powerful and the RTX 2080 Ti is even more so. Me getting 3.5-4x the performance of a 980 Ti in a game that's not even in beta form yet isn't surprising. There are many things to keep in mind here. When SLI doesn't work, it often negatively impacts performance. I'm not running the game at 4K either. 3440x1440 is way more demanding than 1920x1080 or even 2560x1440 but isn't 4K. So I'm going to pick up a great deal of FPS from that difference alone.

Lastly, I ran the game on the test bench using a factory overclocked RTX 2080 Ti on a 5.0GHz (all core) Intel Core i9 9900K w/Custom water cooling using RAM clocked at 4000MHz. Compare that to two GTX 980 Ti's in SLI with SLI disabled, potentially with negative scaling on an Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.3GHz. CPU matters even at 4K. Me getting 3x-4x the frame rate given all those variables isn't really all that shocking. In other words, no, the RTX 2080 Ti is probably not 4x faster than a 980 Ti. However, all variables accounted for, the difference in performance being 4x greater is probably not too far off.

Back