todd258 may be a scammer

Just checking in, guys. I also received the email from PayPal saying that they decided in my favor but were unable to recover any funds.

I made sure to pay with my CC as a precaution. Is talking to them about doing a chargeback the way to go now? I remember reading that doing so prematurely can result in PayPal getting pissed and mucking with your account...but I also read that if you let them conduct their investigation before taking action with your CC company you are staying with PayPal's guidelines and they really can't do anything to your account. I have always used one PayPal account and have a lot of transactions under my belt...I'd prefer not to have to start over with a new one but if it's that or getting my $150 back then there's no question -- I'm getting my money one way or another.

I thought I'd ask for your advice before proceeding. Is it safe to do the chargeback now or will my PP account be screwed either way?

BTW, I don't have all of Todd's info. If someone could send it to me I'd greatly appreciate it. I need this in order to file a complaint with the IC3, and someone needs to call his local police if we haven't done so already...

Pumbertot, did I send you my info already for your IC3 report?

yes go ahead and do it, worse case you need to create another paypal account, no big deal. serves them right for no REAL protection policy. also CC company will want it in writiing(well UK ones do) already sent the letter off last week so just waiting now for my money.
yes I got your details and they are on my IC# but you should raise one also, the more complaints made against the same guy (AKA piece of shit) the more likely action will take place and sooner.

yes go ahead and do it, worse case you need to create another paypal account, no big deal. serves them right for no REAL protection policy. also CC company will want it in writiing(well UK ones do) already sent the letter off last week so just waiting now for my money.
yes I got your details and they are on my IC# but you should raise one also, the more complaints made against the same guy (AKA piece of shit) the more likely action will take place and sooner.

OK, thanks. I'll be happy to file my IC3 report when someone sends me Todd's info.

I might go ahead with the chargeback also. I'll contact my CC company to see if they need anything in writing. It'll be a shame if I lose my PayPal account, but like I said earlier I'd rather have my money back and start anew than keep my existing PP account and be out $150...hopefully they won't do anything since I waited for them to conduct their investigation though.

You guys know that it's like impossible to get your money now right?

Its only almost impossible to get there money if they didn't use a CC. However a few poeple did so they are safe and will get there money back. For the rest of them they will have a hard time. but files adjust them with everything you can is a great idea to get the scammer. I am more then sure that if they get actions adjust him they will see there money a lot easier then what they would just dealing with paypal about it.

OK, thanks. I'll be happy to file my IC3 report when someone sends me Todd's info.

I might go ahead with the chargeback also. I'll contact my CC company to see if they need anything in writing. It'll be a shame if I lose my PayPal account, but like I said earlier I'd rather have my money back and start anew than keep my existing PP account and be out $150...hopefully they won't do anything since I waited for them to conduct their investigation though.

ive sent all the info you need. ;)

yessy2952 you are wrong. many of us used CC so thats easy, but also it may go to court as the total sum and methods of fraud will be of interest to authorities. it happened before to scammers, made to pay everything back. anyway it fucks up his credit rating for one if not a bit more.

Has anyone heard anything from his local authorities? I've emailed them and gotten no response, and no one's called asking about the IC3 report either so I've got no way of knowing if they're even doing anything. I'm one of the few who didn't use a credit card, so this is my only hope of getting my money back from this kid.

If you want a response from local authorities phone them. Heaven knows where an email is going to go.:p

Some info.

Pottsville Police Department
401 North Centre Street,
Pottsville, PA 17901
(570) 622-1234

Schuylkill County Sheriff's Office
401 North Second Street
Pottsville, PA 17901
Phone (570) 628-1440
FAX (570) 628-1014

Pennsylvania State Police
31 Eleanor Drive,
Frackville, PA, 17931
570-874-5300

23 Meadowbrook Drive,
Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972
570-593-2000

Thanks for the info. I had the Pottsville one, and emailed that one. Didn't have the other numbers though. I may try calling some of them this week and see if they can be of any assistance with this or at least find out if they've received anything from IC3.

FACK that was a read and a half.

I sympathize for you guys. Being active in the FS forums can be daunting. I know how much of an uphill battle noob status is here with no heat, and I try to squelch a bit of it with being as courteous and flexible as possible when talking trade. Sucks that douchebags take advantage regardless, no matter how cautious one can be.

Might as well hold our money out in the dark with our eyes closed, and pray that when someone takes it, they leave what we want in return.

Good luck guys. I hope everyone gets a bit of resolution and closure to this.

(btw my next scheduled stop in PA is to visit the inlaws for thanksgiving. 6'4" 280lbs..:D )

dont know whats happening in terms of FBI/police but I got my money back from credit card company, who charged back from paypal. hopefully that will make paypal do something to the scamming little shit, now that they are out. serves them right for being setup to be in favour of scammers.

Thanks for the info. I had the Pottsville one, and emailed that one. Didn't have the other numbers though. I may try calling some of them this week and see if they can be of any assistance with this or at least find out if they've received anything from IC3.

Never e-mail a PD when you can call. E-mails can be ignored, or claimed never received. It's always better to call (it might cost money, but you're already out goods here) but you can make sure you get a real detective, and open a case number. You can also start to keep a record of when you called, who you talked to, the information you provided, etc. Documenting cases like this are very important; you may need to call those steps back up later.

never heard anything else but I have my money thanks to CC. hopefully if everyone that paid by CC reverses it might make paypal get off their asses and screw this guy.

never heard anything else but I have my money thanks to CC. hopefully if everyone that paid by CC reverses it might make paypal get off their asses and screw this guy.

I doubt PayPal will take any action against him, they will probably only screw over the people doing chargebacks. The only real way to ensure that any action is taken against him is to persist with the local authorities/FBI internet division.

I encourage everyone involved to keep at it until they do take action.

WTF, it seems this nub has taken the whole of H for a ride, WTF, somebody hunt this shit down and knock his ass out.

I am astounded that with all the reminders of trading practises etc on this site that he could scam a whole bunch of ya before word finally got out about him.

I am sorry and hope that you all end up getting your cash back and the dude gets raped anally, but I am forever seeing bad shit happening in trades on this site and to be honest I would never trade with anyone here due to the fact that its a hotbed of scamming fuks which inturn gives a bad name to the majority of legitimate traders.

I sincerely hope that everyone who is out of pocket gets their cash back and something really bad happens to this twat.

WTF, it seems this nub has taken the whole of H for a ride, WTF, somebody hunt this shit down and knock his ass out.

I am astounded that with all the reminders of trading practises etc on this site that he could scam a whole bunch of ya before word finally got out about him.

I am sorry and hope that you all end up getting your cash back and the dude gets raped anally, but I am forever seeing bad shit happening in trades on this site and to be honest I would never trade with anyone here due to the fact that its a hotbed of scamming fuks which inturn gives a bad name to the majority of legitimate traders.

I sincerely hope that everyone who is out of pocket gets their cash back and something really bad happens to this twat.

I agree for the most part, but I'm not quite ready to quit trading here yet. I broke my cardinal rule of dealing with someone without Heat, and (stupidly) didn't verify his eBay feedback. I guess I got too comfortable since I've conducted several hundred transactions and this is the first time I've really gotten screwed over.

There are too many good deals to be found here for me to refuse to keep trading, but I will damn sure be positive that the next seller I deal with has a good amount of Heat with no negatives before I send money next time. *Especially* if the deal sounds too good to be true.

I'm still pretty sure I can get my money back by doing a chargeback though, so hopefully I won't be out any money. But that doesn't mean I don't want this punk to get what he deserves.

Yesterday I received a handsigned letter from the office of the Attorney General of Pennsylvania concerning the complaint I filed against Todd. At least they are making progress on this front. I suggest everyone else do the same concerning the AG as with many more complaints, it'll hopefully be escalated.

Yesterday I received a handsigned letter from the office of the Attorney General of Pennsylvania concerning the complaint I filed against Todd. At least they are making progress on this front. I suggest everyone else do the same concerning the AG as with many more complaints, it'll hopefully be escalated.

Good news..I hope they fully prosecute this fag.

how do I go about making a complaint to them?can you send me the address and I will write a letter if thats what you did or email.

how do I go about making a complaint to them?can you send me the address and I will write a letter if thats what you did or email.

it was posted above by kunsunoke..:....here it is:)

Some info.

Pottsville Police Department
401 North Centre Street,
Pottsville, PA 17901
(570) 622-1234

Schuylkill County Sheriff's Office
401 North Second Street
Pottsville, PA 17901
Phone (570) 628-1440
FAX (570) 628-1014

31 Eleanor Drive,
Frackville, PA, 17931
570-874-5300

23 Meadowbrook Drive,
Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972
570-593-2000

Any updates on this? Just wondering. There was another guy on overclock.net that looked like he got taken and I directed him here (about a month ago), don't know if he made it here or not.

Well, I finally called the Pottsville police department on Sunday and was told to call back Monday and speak with a detective. However, when I called back on Monday, I was met with some attitude by a guy that told me that I needed to file a report with my local PD first. I told him that I was advised online to call them...he asked where the guy lived and I said Pottsville as far as I knew. He asked where I was and I told him VA. He said well since it happened in YOUR state, YOU need to consult YOUR local police department first (with a "Well, stupid, what are WE supposed to do about it?" tone). He said that after I filed a report here, if my local guys needed to get in touch with their detectives that they would. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I did file a report locally today and the officer said he was definitely going to pursue it. He was a nice guy and after looking up the code said that this qualified as a felony. I told him that many others were scammed, so that can only hurt our boy Todd in the long run.

I encourage everyone else to do SOMETHING besides just trying to get your money back from PayPal or your CC company. It's not just about recovering your funds; it's about this a-hole finding out that he can't go around scamming people.

Good to hear some of you guys are starting to get money back, hopefully everybody is able to get back at least something. Good luck to you guys working with the PDs, I know thats never fun.

Well, I finally called the Pottsville police department on Sunday and was told to call back Monday and speak with a detective. However, when I called back on Monday, I was met with some attitude by a guy that told me that I needed to file a report with my local PD first. I told him that I was advised online to call them...he asked where the guy lived and I said Pottsville as far as I knew. He asked where I was and I told him VA. He said well since it happened in YOUR state, YOU need to consult YOUR local police department first (with a "Well, stupid, what are WE supposed to do about it?" tone). He said that after I filed a report here, if my local guys needed to get in touch with their detectives that they would. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I did file a report locally today and the officer said he was definitely going to pursue it. He was a nice guy and after looking up the code said that this qualified as a felony. I told him that many others were scammed, so that can only hurt our boy Todd in the long run.

I encourage everyone else to do SOMETHING besides just trying to get your money back from PayPal or your CC company. It's not just about recovering your funds; it's about this a-hole finding out that he can't go around scamming people.

Very well done...I hope you see this thru all the way to the end...teach this punk a lesson

Some due diligence up front would have prevented this from what I read. That's a better use of time than driving to someone's house.

Someone needs to take the initiative and drive to his house.

Yes, someone does need to drive to his house. But not you, nor I, nor anyone else except for the police.

With the way this is progressing I am quite sure that will be happening very soon. :)

Any updates?

Successfully performed a chargeback for the motherboard and I'm happy to report that PayPal hasn't frozen or nuked my account...yet, anyway.

Never heard anything more from the police. What if anything came of the IC3 reports?

Never heard anything more from the police. What if anything came of the IC3 reports?

On my end, nothing came of the IC3 reports.

I was sent a letter from the DA in Pennsylvania, apparently on Todd's behalf. It gave a whole song and dance about how it wasn't actually him that did this, and that his account and wifi were hijacked. He said he would refund me and only me, if I agreed to what was basically a Non-Disclosure Agreement not informing anyone else about my 'payment/payoff'. I politely declined the NDA, but still requested my money and haven't heard back anything since.

Typical coal-cracker response.

Don't take it personally, though. They're really not used to being polite.

Don't give up. You know who he personally is, right? Try contacting his employer or his family to see if you can get your money back that way. Otherwise he'll just disappear and make fools out of all of us.

He can shove that NDA up his dirty ass.

Hey y'all,

Sorry for being late to see this...I sold todd a bigwater kit no probs in Feb.
I have his address and all that as well. I'm sure y'all know it but figured i'd offer as soon as I saw this.
I went thru all my pp transactions to find his so I have all the info btw. minus a tel number....

if you can PM me that info BrinNutz it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey y'all,

Sorry for being late to see this...I sold todd a bigwater kit no probs in Feb.
I have his address and all that as well. I'm sure y'all know it but figured i'd offer as soon as I saw this.
I went thru all my pp transactions to find his so I have all the info btw. minus a tel number....

Todd is going to get 0wn3d by the law.

Awesome work so far guys! Its good to see that people actively pursue justice in cases like this!

Anyone know the status of finding this guy? I'm just curious.

I dealt with him on www.overclock.net and had not a problem. But I didn't buy anything, I sold him something.

Anywho, I'm curious. Thanks!!

OH WOW, I sold this guy an Xbox 360 controller, from xbox-scene. WOW lol, I might have his address. Will have to look it up though, Anyways what are the updates? I have been following this case very eagerly.

OH WOW, I sold this guy an Xbox 360 controller, from xbox-scene. WOW lol, I might have his address. Will have to look it up though, Anyways what are the updates? I have been following this case very eagerly.

Woahhh the plot thickens. But honestly reading through all those pages... wow... this kid is on a role. I hope something bad happens to him soon.

Back