Today only, Wednesday 1/4/12, BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB $250

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjaturtle

2[H]4U
http://1saleaday.com/

Don't know how good this deal is, so....

BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB Tablet With 7" Multi-Touch Screen, Dual Cameras, Bluetooth 2.1 and Wi-Fi

List Price $599.99
Savings $350.00 (59%)
Price: $249.99

Specs:

Condition: NEW
Packaging: Retail
Warranty: 1-Year Warranty
Manufacturer: BlackBerry
Model: PRD-38548-002

Features Include:

7" multi-touch screen LCD (1024x600p resolution) capacitive screen
1.0GHz dual core processor
1.0GB RAM
32GB internal memory
BlackBerry Tablet OS
Multitasking runs apps simultaneously and in real time
HTML5 web support with Flash 10.2 enabled
WiFi a/b/g/n built-in
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
5MP HD rear camera
3MP HD front camera, supports video chat
MicroUSB port
Micro HDMI port
Stereo sound
BlackBerry App World access
BlackBerry Bridge: pair a BlackBerry smartphone with PlayBook, share apps and internet connection
Up to 10 hours of battery life
Weighs less than a pound (0.9 lbs.)
Dimensions: 5.1" (H) x 7.6" (W) x 0.4" (D)

Package Includes:
BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB, USB Cable, BlackBerry Charger, Cleaning Cloth, User Guide

can it android?

I have one and honestly don't feel the need to. 95% of my use for tablets is web browsing and media playback and QNX is fantastic for both, perhaps even better than Android. When it comes times for games there are enough titles from EA, Rovio and some of the smaller studios to keep be occupied. I like the tablet alot, IMHO it is more smooth and intuitive than any of my Android devices. If the android app support comes through well then it will be even better.

can it android?

You can run APK files but there are a zillion restrictions on what will work. You can use launcher apps, which effectively make the home screen turn into Android, but of course you are running BB OS the whole time.

If you were asking about Android development, I haven't heard anything about it.

I don't know how good of a deal it is.

I remember reading or hearing somewhere that all the Playbooks, from 16 gig to 64 gig, would be selling for $250. Those interested in this offer may want to look into that before pulling the trigger.

EDIT: I was wrong, but not by much

Hmm, so is this what happened to all of those playbooks that were "stolen" ?

I was going to order one but I found out IM such as MSN and Skype doesn't work well or at all. No go for me.

I wouldn't buy any more RIM devices for the same reason I wouldn't run into a burning building or board a sinking ship.

It was a great run but RIM = dead.

You would have the chance to own one of the last devices RIMM ever produced :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back