Today Is The Last Day For $40 Windows 8

Train-Derail.jpg

Touch-driven interface, yup. TV tuner card...never tried. I don't really do the TV thing since it's a non-factor.
I'm just helping you understand it since, despite if being obvious, you intentionally miss it and a lot of other things. :)
You impose yours on others. I don't.

Touching the screen with a pen or finger. The screen is still poked with something. So that's still three devices. Insisting on counting a pen as something unique, that's four, all of which existed before Windows 8. It's like puberty. You can brag about your new body hair all you want, but everyone else is hairy sooner or later too.

TV tuner card is a non-factor? Why, because you deem it so? LOL @ claiming you don't impose your views on others as the only valid things! :rolleyes:

A pen is usually referring to a pressure-sensitive and tilt-sensitive stylus. You'd think a whiz-kid like you would know that! Anyway, to quote you, "go back to your fisher-price OS" known as desktop linux.

Android != Linux. And it certainly isn't a touch and pen device for PC productivity.

Actually, Android = Droid/Linux, not GNU/Linux.
It is technically Linux, just another variant of it.

Damn you don't know anything about anything. :rolleyes:

Anyway, to quote you, "go back to your fisher-price OS" known as desktop linux.

The least you could do is get your posts straight.
I was the one who said that, not SkribbelKat.

Do you just enjoy mis-quoting people all of the time, or are you just that fucking stupid? :rolleyes:

Actually, Android = Droid/Linux, not GNU/Linux.
It is technically Linux, just another variant of it.

Damn you don't know anything about anything. :rolleyes:

So at what level are Android and say a desktop Linux distro like Ubuntu compatible? Do they run the same applications or drivers?

So at what level are Android and say a desktop Linux distro like Ubuntu compatible? Do they run the same applications or drivers?

It depends on what program/application we are talking about and how it was compiled.
For the most part, no, they do not run the same applications or drivers to my knowledge.

You people are the ones who brought it up, don't whine when it's then discussed :p. And, why is it cool and easy to have to modify the kernel in deep coding to modify your Linux interface, but getting a start menu by doing a 30-second (including google search time) install back on Windows 8 is something that's Herculean and would be "impressive" to you? Please.

Who says we have to modify the kernel to modify the Linux interface?

It depends on what program/application we are talking about and how it was compiled.
For the most part, no, they do not run the same applications or drivers to my knowledge.

So if Android and desktop Linux are that incompatible, I don't understand why people bring up Android when talking about desktop Linux in a Windows 8 thread no less.

So if Android and desktop Linux are that incompatible, I don't understand why people bring up Android when talking about desktop Linux in a Windows 8 thread no less.

Again, it depends on the applications being used.

Also, I wouldn't say that they are incompatible, as they both use the exact same kernel.
The need for different drivers is that one is meant for phones and tablets, the other is designed for just about everything else.

I guess that technically they can run the same drivers, but it just wouldn't be necessary for the most part.

So is there an example of an application that will run natively on both Android and a desktop Linux distro with the same binary?
Well, if they were the same binary, it would have to be a universal binary for both ARM and x86 (not counting ARM desktop variants and compilations).
I know that Mozilla Firefox will run on both GNU/Linux and Droid/Linux, albeit with different binaries though.

You people are the ones who brought it up, don't whine when it's then discussed :p. And, why is it cool and easy to have to modify the kernel in deep coding to modify your Linux interface, but getting a start menu by doing a 30-second (including google search time) install back on Windows 8 is something that's Herculean and would be "impressive" to you? Please.

I have had nothing at all to do with it aside from mentioning that it's silly to discuss it here. This lumping of everyone together is something heatless does an awful lot too. It seems like you and he share the same mind. Hmmm...

TV tuner card is a non-factor? Why, because you deem it so? LOL @ claiming you don't impose your views on others as the only valid things! :rolleyes:

A pen is usually referring to a pressure-sensitive and tilt-sensitive stylus. You'd think a whiz-kid like you would know that! Anyway, to quote you, "go back to your fisher-price OS" known as desktop linux.

LOL! :D Doesn't get more hypocritical than this.

It's already been said, but your if your intentional misinterpertation is the only response you can come up with, then it should be fairly clear that you're not interested in discussion of anything intelligent or rational. I provided a specific example of something that could not at all be done inside of Windows 8 (pressing the start button and then all programs) along with a few other insightful gems of knowledge that I imparted to better humanity and got the usual evasion that indicates that indicates that, (you in specific heatless, since you're often pointing it out) you aren't interested in a serious discussion at all. Moreso it seems you're prone to do this when someone actually bothers to try to talk with you as you so frequently claim you desire.

^ GoldenTiger is far below the logic level of heatlesssun.
At least heatlesssun will give us examples and will quote the correct person (normally).

In fact, I'm amazed at how little GoldenTiger is, considering he's stated that he is a program/software developer, yet doesn't know even basic fundamentals of software development, or any software or OS in general.

^ *how little GoldenTiger knows, not 'is'.
Damn no edit button.

It's already been said, but your if your intentional misinterpertation is the only response you can come up with, then it should be fairly clear that you're not interested in discussion of anything intelligent or rational.

No one intentionally did anything other than repeat exactly what you said. If what you said was in error then correct what you said instead of pointing fingers at others.

No one intentionally did anything other than repeat exactly what you said. If what you said was in error then correct what you said instead of pointing fingers at others.

I read it and was able to interpret it correctly, not sure why you and GoldenTiger couldn't understand it, it was pretty self-explanatory.
You do have a tendency to read and see only what you want to see.

Kind of like that time that you thought I had brought up where you work, even though it was you who had originally posted it in the first place. ;)

You can very easily quote the post and respond to it if you care to engage in intelligent discourse that is so often something you bemoan as lacking around this forum. I'll be more than happy to resume the discussion if you care to get out of this what you claim is lacking. Alternatively, continue to shun it, but the two of us will both know what you've turned away from next time you complain that no one wants to actually exchange something with you.

All I see are a couple kids fighting over the same toy. It's kinda embarrassing honestly. Windows 8 is a fine desktop os. It isn't perfect and will need time to grow just like 95, 98, xp, and 7. If it goes the way of vista then so be it. Not sure why anyone would care one way or the other. An os is a tool. You either choose to use it or you don't. I'd say 95% of my windows 8 usage is identical to windows 7 and I'd never know the difference minus the start button but imo the loss of the start button is no big deal. All my programs needed are pinned in rocketdock and hidden off the screen exactly as they were in windows 7

All I see are a couple kids fighting over the same toy. It's kinda embarrassing honestly. Windows 8 is a fine desktop os. It isn't perfect and will need time to grow just like 95, 98, xp, and 7. If it goes the way of vista then so be it. Not sure why anyone would care one way or the other. An os is a tool. You either choose to use it or you don't. I'd say 95% of my windows 8 usage is identical to windows 7 and I'd never know the difference minus the start button but imo the loss of the start button is no big deal. All my programs needed are pinned in rocketdock and hidden off the screen exactly as they were in windows 7

SHHH, don't speak of logic or reasoning here.
You're going to ruin all of our fun! :eek:

SHHH, don't speak of logic or reasoning here.
You're going to ruin all of our fun! :eek:

Plenty of Windows 8 users who like it have said the same thing about Windows 8 as Climber including myself. If you don't like Windows 8 and don't want to use it then don't. However if one is going to use broad, pointless and divisive statements regarding Windows 8 as "proprietary garbage" with a "Fisher Price" UI then it's difficult to see how they have any respect for logic and reasoning, especially when they don't seem to have any alternatives in a single OS that has the same capabilities as this "proprietary garbage" with a its "Fisher Price" UI.

Plenty of Windows 8 users who like it have said the same thing about Windows 8 as Climber including myself. If you don't like Windows 8 and don't want to use it then don't. However if one is going to use broad, pointless and divisive statements regarding Windows 8 as "proprietary garbage" with a "Fisher Price" UI then it's difficult to see how they have any respect for logic and reasoning, especially when they don't seem to have any alternatives in a single OS that has the same capabilities as this "proprietary garbage" with a its "Fisher Price" UI.

Windows 8 is Microsoft proprietary garbage and does have a Fisher-Price-esque GUI.
These aren't insults, they are just reality.
It's like if we say "Microsoft is bad because X and Y reasons", you take it personally like we said that you are bad for X and Y reasons... why? :confused:

If you like Windows 8, then use it.
Again, no one is stopping you, but don't get mad when we call out Microsoft on it's bullshit.

You've brought up this point again and again and again; broken record much?
Have you simply run out of things to discuss, so you have to bring up the same nonsense again and again?

If you love Microsoft so much, why don't you just marry it?
Oh that's right, I forgot you sold them your soul back in '95, and have apparently, belonged to them ever since. :p

I can't believe you take this stuff so personally.
Just grow up and let it go. :rolleyes:

You have? Funny, since cableCARD is only certified for Windows usage currently. That's quite a feat, why don't you share how.... I am QUITE sure many would be interested!
Easy because getting a TV tuner to load isn't the same thing as CableCard support. I must say reading comprehension and definitions within the English language doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

Android != Linux. And it certainly isn't a touch and pen device for PC productivity.
Android most definitely is a flavor of Linux. Regarding touch and pen support you might want to call everyone on planet Earth and tell them that they are using their Galaxy Note wrong.

Windows 8 is Microsoft proprietary garbage and does have a Fisher-Price-esque GUI.
These aren't insults, they are just reality.
It's like if we say "Microsoft is bad because X and Y reasons", you take it personally like we said that you are bad for X and Y reasons... why? :confused:

That's your opinion. It doesn't mean much beyond people who probably don't even use Windows 8.

If you like Windows 8, then use it.
Again, no one is stopping you, but don't get mad when we call out Microsoft on it's bullshit.

I and many others do. Mad? Why would I be mad that you're describing a product in vague and meaningless terms that's working well for me and many others? I and others are simply challenging your opinions like you do ours.

You've brought up this point again and again and again; broken record much?
Have you simply run out of things to discuss, so you have to bring up the same nonsense again and again?

And how many times have you bought up "proprietary garbage" and "Fisher Price" UI. You broke the broken record long ago.

If you love Microsoft so much, why don't you just marry it?
Oh that's right, I forgot you sold them your soul back in '95, and have apparently, belonged to them ever since. :p

I can't believe you take this stuff so personally.
Just grow up and let it go. :rolleyes:

And if you hate Microsoft so much why do so spend so much time in Microsoft threads with nothing but the same tired criticisms that you've statement many, many, many times before? You never offer any insight or fact about the use of this stuff.

So uh, you guys. Did you know that January 31 was the last day you could buy Windows 8 for $40?

Windows and Linux has their places. Can we at least all agree on that? :rolleyes:

So uh, you guys. Did you know that January 31 was the last day you could buy Windows 8 for $40?

Windows and Linux has their places. Can we at least all agree on that? :rolleyes:

It's possible to get a copy discounted to 39.99 on Amazon. 69.99-30 (Visa card promo). Still better than 199!

It's possible to get a copy discounted to 39.99 on Amazon. 69.99-30 (Visa card promo). Still better than 199!

Oh I know. I was being sarcastic regarding how far a Windows 8 thread derailed.

Again.

I'm a TechNet subscriber, so I have Windows 8 available regardless of its current price. For development testing purpose of course. ;)

Really? You want to being up something for which you weren't exactly the most gracious about as well for which we I thought had both apologized and gotten past?

Really? You want to being up something for which you weren't exactly the most gracious about as well for which we I thought had both apologized and gotten past?

Not really, unless you want to have yet another Microsoft/heatlesssun related thread to get locked.
But, if you really want to, I'm always happy to tally another skull and crossbones to my list of destroyed threads which include your special input. :rolleyes:

That is if you don't try get everyone that posted in the thread mass-banned first.

Not really, unless you want to have yet another Microsoft/heatlesssun related thread to get locked.
But, if you really want to, I'm always happy to tally another skull and crossbones to my list of destroyed threads which include your special input. :rolleyes:

That is if you don't try get everyone that posted in the thread mass-banned first.

Then there's no need to rehash an old subject then. Talk about the subject at hand and leave the personal stuff out it.

But Android isn't the same thing as desktop Linux. Can you take that TV tuner you got working in Linux and then plug it into an Android tablet and follow the same steps under Linux to get it to work on any Android tablet?
To keep it simple, follow the same steps? No. Get it working? Yes.

It's already been said, but your if your intentional misinterpertation is the only response you can come up with,

Whoa whoa there Skribbel, lets not go too far....

....we don't know if it's intentional, it may be completely unconscious. :D

Back