To Samsung F2380 or not?

SBB

Limp Gawd
So, i'm after dual screens for work/light gaming purposes, so 2 all round decent monitors. Because I need 2 the price needs to be fairly low, and im looking for monitors with 22-24" screen size and a 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 res, and needs the ability to VESA mount, although I can probably put up without this if the monitor in question worth it.

I was looking at the samsung F2380, as it was the only non-TN screen I can afford, and I was set to buy 2 until a read some bad things about the colour shift and ghosting... so would I be better off buying TN screens, for example the Samsung P2250? Does anyone have any other recommendations of what to buy?

Thanks in advance!

I'm also thinking about dual-screening with 2 Samsung F2380

If it's not primary for gaming, it will be perfect.

From what i can gather, there are 3 main issues

A) Ghosting
B) Colour shift
C) Black crush

From what I can tell, the colour shift isn't likely to bother me, as I have a proper ergotron dual monitor stand on order and this will hold the monitors at the same angles. The black crush didnt seem TOO bad from a review I read, and im sure the current TN screen I have does it too, I can't see it being worse. So that just leaves me with the ghosting ... all the tests on it are a bit extreme looking, white cursor on a black background/very fast moving white box on black, anyone got any ideas if i'll notice this in everyday use?

From what i can gather, there are 3 main issues

A) Ghosting
B) Colour shift
C) Black crush

From what I can tell, the colour shift isn't likely to bother me, as I have a proper ergotron dual monitor stand on order and this will hold the monitors at the same angles. The black crush didnt seem TOO bad from a review I read, and im sure the current TN screen I have does it too, I can't see it being worse. So that just leaves me with the ghosting ... all the tests on it are a bit extreme looking, white cursor on a black background/very fast moving white box on black, anyone got any ideas if i'll notice this in everyday use?

The tests they did on the F2380 for motion blur are very worse scenario's. I think you could even use for gaming as long as some blur doesn't bother you. The TN panels will have WAY more problems IQ wise then the F2380. From what I have read the F2380 is one of the best monitors out there under $1000. Here is a great review of it:

http://www.digitalversus.com/article-357-6293-36.html

It only has an average of 3 MS input lag so I think gaming would be great with as long as the blur won't bother you! P.S where is the best place to buy this monitor from???

Think i might bite the bullet and buy them then. I'll let everyone know how I get on, i can always return them at a small loss if they're really no good.

They both look good on those pics, black crush on the F2380 is a little visible but the black level on the F2380 is so much better though from what I can tell ... so its looking good =)

Last edited:
Back