To RAM or not to RAM

Shmuckety

[H]ard|Gawd
To all the perverts that are looking at this...yes this is a legitimate question.

I have a 3.2 ghz p4 prescott and p4c800-e deluxe mobo with hyper x ram 1GB it will not go over 235fsb right now. I am thinking of going with DDR500 OCZ gold 2GB.

Should I. I have no problems right now except for the fact that my ram will not go any higher (maybe it's my mobo). Either way my processor has some kick left in it and I want to try to hit 250fsb (for 4ghz). The reviews say that this ram may not get that high so is it worth it?

That G.Skill is EXCEPTIONAL for the price.....

A buddy of mine has it, it overclocks great...very stable...

I'd reccomend that..

Shmuckety said:
I have a 3.2 ghz p4 prescott and p4c800-e deluxe mobo with hyper x ram 1GB it will not go over 235fsb right now. I am thinking of going with DDR500 OCZ gold 2GB.
how high can you go when you drop the memory ratio?

If your not using a divider than you obviously need one. You can reach a lot higher potential. By the way if you ever want to sell off or get rid of that thing id be happy to take it off your hands :) , Hows a A64 Venice 3000+ S754 E6 and a DFI nF3 250Gb sound? :D , I even Uncapped it and clocked it to 2.97 GHz. With better cooling it can achieve 3ghz + Stable speeds :D (you can see that I want a prescott badly).

Shmuckety said:
I had it up to 250fsb, but I didn't try to go any higher.
didn't answer my question. how high can you go with a memory divider? if you don't know, that means go try it and lmk :p

Emission said:
If your not using a divider than you obviously need one. You can reach a lot higher potential. By the way if you ever want to sell off or get rid of that thing id be happy to take it off your hands :) , Hows a A64 Venice 3000+ S754 E6 and a DFI nF3 250Gb sound? :D , I even Uncapped it and clocked it to 2.97 GHz. With better cooling it can achieve 3ghz + Stable speeds :D (you can see that I want a prescott badly).
why

(cf)Eclipse said:
because his ram could be limiting the cpu oc.

I already said that it is limiting my OC. Either way this thing is an oven. I don't want to go any higher than 4.0Ghz because I don't want to bother with water cooling and as it stands I'm at 63C. At least it keeps my feet warm with the fan exhaust. :p

I used to warm my room with one of these :p , needed to blow cold air on it to get 3.72GHz out of it.

Back