To all The o365 Admins

Orddie

2[H]4U
Hi All,

so i have domainA.com which if o365 enabled. Im trying to setup a cisco conference server which works with o365 federation. As in, you would be able to call <user>@meeting.domainA.com from skype.

Thus far, with cisco APPS, this works without issue. As in, using jabber on domainb.com i can call <user>@meeting.domainA.com.

I have created _sipfederationtls._tcp.meeting.domainA.com in DNS and confirm it's been in place for OVER 24 hours now.

The issue is when i try and call <user>@meeting.domainA.com i get either 'Your org does NOT allow you to call" OR "We could not reach <user>"

I have confirmed in the o365 portal that the meeting.domaina.com is NOT referenced but domainA.com is.

Do i need to add it and then remove the services?
Am I missing DNS entries?

i also did additional testing with a domain outside of o365. Say domainc.com If i try and call <user>@domainC.com it works but <user>@meeting.domainC.com does not.

I see no connection attempts coming into the network when i try can call <user>@meeting.domain[A-C].com

Thanks for the response!

Turns out that if you are using a subdomain, the SRV record needs to point to the a host WITHIN the sub domain.

I had _srv-record.subdomain.domainA.com pointing to server.domainA.com and it needs to be _srv-record.subdomain.domainA.com pointing to server.subdomain.domainA.com

Back