'Title Bar' of Chrome is now in Bold and I need to change it back.

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
Morning all. Somehow something was changed and my title bar in Chrome is now in bold letters. This includes URL'S, Tabs and bookmarks.
There is a setting under Windows, Display, Advanced, 'Change only the text size' with a checkbox 'bold', this however is not checked so I can't undo it.
Any ideas how to restore everything back to normal?
Thanks.

Hard.JPG

Right click on Chrome icon > Properties > Compatibility > make sure 'disable display scaling on high DPI settings' is unticked.

That's assuming that Chrome is the only software package displaying this magnified behaviour?

[Edit] If the option is unticked, try ticking it and see if it helps...

Last edited:
Right click on Chrome icon > Properties > Compatibility > make sure 'disable display scaling on high DPI settings' is unticked.

That's assuming that Chrome is the only software package displaying this magnified behaviour?

[Edit] If the option is unticked, try ticking it and see if it helps...

Nope, but thanks for the suggestion.

Open Chrome, go to menu > settings > advanced settings > scroll to the bottom and click 'Reset Settings, restore settings to their original defaults'.

This option should never be greyed out.

See how that goes.

Open Chrome, go to menu > settings > advanced settings > scroll to the bottom and click 'Reset Settings, restore settings to their original defaults'.

This option should never be greyed out.

See how that goes.

Thanks! Yes that worked. Your a genius and I'm sending you a new car. Color?

On a sidenote, I wonder why the bold text was such a problem...

Back