Titanfall's Anticheat Is Now Being Enforced

Awesome, I'll be going back to play Titanfall after this news.

The key is tied to the account, how are you going to buy and play a used copy?

It's not about stopping that one beast hacker who can always get around prevention. The only way to do that is with hack reporting/monitoring/auditing.

Automated hack prevention is about stopping the thousands of script kiddies that have no idea how to hack, but they do have mommies credit card. The amount of "hackers" that actually know how to hack is minuscule.

It's not about actual hackers.

If you google for titanfall aimbot and you follow the links on the first page you will find that some are more expensive than others. Here's a link to a screenshot from one of those sites, provided by them, http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1889/b5m7.png

Once you get into the $150/year price range you can rest assured that the only way you will get banned (or detected) if you screw up and make it totally obvious that you are using an aimbot.

What this PR stunt does is keep out the people who run AutoIt scripts or whatnot, but you are still getting owned by professional grade aimbots left and right.

This is an awesome idea, and it makes me want to pick up the game (when it's on sale of course... ;) ).

Hats off to the devs here. This is a great idea, and something that should become standard across all games. Let the aimbot bitches aimbot each other. Let those of us with actual skill continue to enjoy the game. Kudos deserved here.

Every developer do this from NOW ON.

I agree, but I'd not tell the cheaters right away. Let them play X number of hours on cheat-only servers. Then after a threshold, pop up with a message that says something like "Tired of losing? Don't like how it feels to play with cheaters? Now you know how everyone else feels when playing with you. You've been using cheat "X" and we've made you play with other cheaters for the last (however long). Stop cheating yourself out of an enjoyable game. Remove cheat "X" and we'll let you play with the good crowd again.

Hilarious response but I have zero faith in a developer, that has day zero hacks.

It's clear that you feel pretty sore about the subject, but let's think about what you wrote:

I agree, but I'd not tell the cheaters right away. Let them play X number of hours on cheat-only servers. Then after a threshold, pop up with a message that says something like "Tired of losing? Don't like how it feels to play with cheaters? Now you know how everyone else feels when playing with you.

Even if the devs were to match bots against bots, and based on aimbot message boards those with high quality professional bots aren't getting busted, no single bot would lose all the time.

So what you wrote really makes no sense at all.

Hilarious response but I have zero faith in a developer, that has day zero hacks.

Aimbot availability is inherent to both the 3D engine used as well as the low latency communication requirement between client and server. In order to make the game responsive (i.e. you see right away when someone else moves) information about others has to be efficiently transmitted to your client. That's where the better aimbots hook in.

The reality is that Titanfall uses FairFight to detect cheating, same as DayZ, BF4, and FireFall just to name a few. There's extensive data on one of the professional aimbots not being detected in any of those games even after literally thousands of hours played. This is primarily because the better aimbots can be customized with a whole host of settings, and the player can easily change those settings between sessions so that there's no long record of specific performance that could be detected.

What FairFight does well is identify "rage cheaters", people who log in and blatantly obviously dominate the server racking up a huge kill count in a very short period of time. Those people are idiots.

The "sophisticated" aimbotter is subtle. He or she seeks out the better players on the other team and kills them in such a way that it appears as a legit kill to either team, or kills someone who is about to cap, or does whatever it takes to subtly deny the other team the win. That kind of aimbotter will let himself get killed a bunch of times as well to not skew the stats. FairFight will never, ever, be able to identify those players.

I still don't get why they bother aside from general douchebaggery, and the skill deficient inbred dorks desire to grief other players.

I still don't get why they bother aside from general douchebaggery, and the skill deficient inbred dorks desire to grief other players.

A person who believes in the concept of fairness will never understand. People who do this are sociopaths and want to win no matter what, even if it doesn't make any sense or have any real reward. I personally would put a jail sentence on this sort of thing if I ruled the world.

I've met two people in real life at a lan who admitted to doing this, and they were people I had known prior from school, they fit the mold perfectly. I would go as far to say that the world would be a far better place if they were never born.

To be a fly on the wall.
Excellent move and I hope it works well, I would love to listen in on some matches @#$#$%^%^*^&^@##$~@#@#%^$&&!#$%~$

Waiting for Steam CHRISTmas sale.

you mean the Yuletide sale?

seem to have some in depth insight into it, pro cheater ey?

cheaters defend cheaters

I have a lot of first hand knowledge because I used a pro aimbot in BF2, TF2, and BFH for years. None of the accounts was ever banned.

I am not defending aimbot use because there's nothing to defend. I couldn't possibly care less what others think of aimbots.

All I am saying is that sophisticated aimbot software operated mindfully cannot be removed from Titanfall, under any circumstances, ever. The devs statement that they will have cheaters play with cheaters is maybe partially true, but it will never ever remove aimbots from the "legit" game because it's technically impossible to do so.

As you say, nothing to defend. That mindset is what is confusing to people with any sort of........... not bothering. You prolly would not understand.

I bet you are a real winner in real life social situations Thuleman. :rolleyes:

Since there is literally nothing you can do against aimbot users (short of not playing the game), and since you are sore about them, the only thing you have left is trying to insult the person behind the keys via the Internet. Well done Sir, well done indeed.

Aimbots are here to stay, FairFight technology is only successful at keeping crude aimbots out. If you don't want to deal with aimbots then don't play games that use technology that makes it super simple for 3rd party apps to hook into.

The only thing you can do is stop giving devs who don't care about these issues more money.

This is great. I've been searching for anyone posting something about actually being banned to the cheating servers... haven't seen any evidence that there's been actual banning, yet. I did play last night, and noticed a marked reduction in the accuracy of players, although that's clearly circumstantial evidence.

Since there is literally nothing you can do against aimbot users (short of not playing the game), and since you are sore about them, the only thing you have left is trying to insult the person behind the keys via the Internet. Well done Sir, well done indeed.

Aimbots are here to stay, FairFight technology is only successful at keeping crude aimbots out. If you don't want to deal with aimbots then don't play games that use technology that makes it super simple for 3rd party apps to hook into.

The only thing you can do is stop giving devs who don't care about these issues more money.

I fall into the same boat as Thuleman here. I used to be part of the game cheating/hacking scene 10 years ago from 2000-2004. It was fun I had a blast not going to lie; causing people to rage was exciting to me. I was a piece of shit, pussy, homo etc.. we've heard it all. But I don't regret any of it. I actually learned a lot from it including some minor programming in C++ and it introductions into creating my own cheats. The community was extremely helpful, you would be surprised how well mannered and cooperative hack/cheat makers are. I ended up even becoming a moderator at 13 years old for these forums. The community was great and we had fun learning new tricks and tactics. The scene has sort of died down recently with most of the big players moving on to develop paid private cheats and making large amounts of money doing so. I haven't been on those forums in years and moved onto RTS and MOBAs which I find more fun than FPS and where skill means more than cheats. I don't doubt companies like Fairfight, Punkbuster or Valve have hired career cheaters into helping them get their software working right.

Fairfight is an extremely interesting statistical based anti-cheat. It only logs your stats and nothing more. It does not install anything on your PC (which any skilled cheat maker can circumvent easily). It takes into account the way you play and makes assumptions of what your stats should be. Accidentally get a pentakill in an inhuman 3/4's of a second with all headshots? Prepare for a ban. Get your ratio from 0.9 with 40 hours played and then bump it to 3.0 in less than 10 hours, prepare for a ban. It profiles the player and maps out the way he plays and how he SHOULD play. A rage cheater who puts his aimbot on instant lock/kill will obviously be banned rather quickly. The careful cheater will not be caught by this because he knows he will be banned but he is still satisfied with his artifical advantage.

Damn, that's a long time to be cheating. After playing for CS for years with all the cheaters, I finally plopped down the $50 to see what a "pro" cheat did. Pubbed around for about 3 weeks, apparently I used the one function that VAC detected and got my 5-dig banned. My own fault for being a dumbass. ;)

But, switching some of the features on and off, etc, I could see how it could be easy. But fun? Not too sure about that over the long term, unless you like managing a cheat console instead of playing the game.

Back