Titanfall's Anticheat Is Now Being Enforced

HardOCP News

[H] News
This has to be my favorite way of dealing with cheaters. They should stream these matches so everyone else can watch. :cool:

Q.)So what happens if I get banned?

A.) Great news: you get to keep playing Titanfall! Less-great news: you only get to play with other cheaters. You can play with other banned players in something that will resemble the Wimbledon of aimbot contests. Hopefully the aimbot cheat you paid for really is the best, or these all-cheater matches could be frustrating for you. Good luck.

This has to be my favorite way of dealing with cheaters. They should stream these matches so everyone else can watch. :cool:

I think GTA V did something like this to, didnt they?

Guess it's better than losing the game you paid for. Especially when that game is ONLY online..

I love this policy so much. They could probably power the world if they could figure out how to tap the nerdrage that would ensue from these all-cheat matches.

DH did the same thing with Rage Quitters on Killer Instinct. After so many drops they get thrown in jail to play with other quitters.

index.php

This ..this all day long.

Honestly cant tell you how many times i've been knifed by invisible people. Shot with a hand gun literally all the way from one side of the map to another IN THE HEAD.... or been shot with a shotgun by a guy who somehow managed to shoot me from no-wheres as the kill cam shows white for him.. and he still managed to rack up kills.

Map Operation Locker gets that... ALOT.

I might have to try this game out now. Will probably wait for a sale 6 months down the road. Only great thing about games being crapped out every year is they lose value quickly.

Tine to choose your friends wisely:
Q.) If I’m banned, what happens if I make a party with my non-cheater friends?

A.) When anyone in your party is banned, then everyone in your party will be treated as banned for that play session. If you are a non-cheater and you invite a cheater friend into a party, you will be stuck playing against cheaters. If you stop inviting your cheater friend, you will once again get to play with the non-cheater population. You do not get permanently tainted just by playing with a cheater - you are only banned for cheating if you are actually cheating.
This is close to "guilty by association", but that's what you get for meddling with cheaters.

Cheaters gonna cheat, so let them cheat other cheaters. That is f'n fantastic. I'll be trying this game soon.

Outstanding idea and glad to see it implemented. This right here just might tip the tables enough to purchase Titanfall.

hah -- bravo on the policy, this is the coolest, most fair, and level headed thing I've seen in terms of anti-cheat in a long long time.

Every developer needs a policy like this.

Cheating punk asses can't bitch they lost access to their game... they get to "enjoy" being around the same sort of trash they themselves are :)

Outstanding idea and glad to see it implemented. This right here just might tip the tables enough to purchase Titanfall.

Is there tons of cheaters right now?
There would have to be people on the fence because of cheaters, but that doesn't seem very likely unless there are tons of cheaters.

Could turn out to be a cool money concept, buy the game again and have two accounts, one for cheating, and one honest account.

I would also prefer if the cheat zone were also a free to play zone.
This would also increase sales, and be a greater deterrent to those who hack.

Ive played 30 hours so far.... and I had a feeling cheating was rampant last week. I have some video of replays that were 100% obvious blatant cheating.

Why was this system not released on launch?

Ive played 30 hours so far.... and I had a feeling cheating was rampant last week. I have some video of replays that were 100% obvious blatant cheating.

Why was this system not released on launch?

##it looks like they allowed the cheats, to track the cheaters and see how the exploits worked. Brilliant.

I would also prefer if the cheat zone were also a free to play zone.
This would also increase sales, and be a greater deterrent to those who hack.

Nononononono, bad idea. Put newbies into servers full of cheaters and you are going to make the newbs so frustrated they won't have any fun.

To be a fly on the wall.
Excellent move and I hope it works well, I would love to listen in on some matches @#$#$%^%^*^&^@##$~@#@#%^$&&!#$%~$

Waiting for Steam CHRISTmas sale.

now please can we get some kind of match making? i mean as awesome as it is to have a record of 3 - 25 and pretty much lose every hardpoint match 400 - 34...

Just a PR stunt, the pro bots are not detectable. Some chumps who run $20 bots may be getting caught.

I never understood the appeal of cheating in these games. What does the cheater get out of it? Surely not a sense of pride and accomplishment. Is it just to troll honest players?

that's "if" you get banned
and hacking programs are getting incredibly hard to detect
the main reason why cheaters get caught is because they make it obvious
so do what you can titanfall, good luck

Just a PR stunt, the pro bots are not detectable. Some chumps who run $20 bots may be getting caught.

It's not about stopping that one beast hacker who can always get around prevention. The only way to do that is with hack reporting/monitoring/auditing.

Automated hack prevention is about stopping the thousands of script kiddies that have no idea how to hack, but they do have mommies credit card. The amount of "hackers" that actually know how to hack is minuscule.

Personally? I'd ban both the OS key AND the motherboard ID, forcing a good $500 in upgrades to play the game again. Hell, I'd carry the ban over to other games released by the same company, just for good measure.

But a good step in the right direction in regards to hackers.

Sweet, I love when MP cheaters get the boot. It's even more fun to see them lament on message boards over it. I do not even play Titanfall, at least not yet, still enjoying Hawken. Depending on how long the game remain relevant, I may not even get around to it. Sometimes the second installment comes out too soon, or the community just dries up for various other reasons.

Back